DeAaron Fox

I’ve been checking in at the Boston Celtics site and their Sacramento Kings watch thread because of the pick they have this year. More and more posts are saying no matter how bad their pick will be with each kings wins, they just can’t root against this young exciting club. I wonder how many fans around the league are secretly rooting for our young kids.
We have a very likeable squad. A good example of our teams character was fox getting creamed last night. He would talk to the refs but how often does he argue? Even on that last horrible non call, fox didn’t even say anything. Just outstanding character from our young men.

Last edited:
I’ve been checking in at the Boston Celtics site and their Sacramento Kings watch thread because of the pick they have this year. More and more posts are saying no matter how bad their pick will be with each kings wins, they just can’t root against this young exciting club. I wonder how many fans around the league are secretly rooting for our young kids.
We have a very likeable squad. A good example of our teams character was fox getting creamed last night. He would talk to the refs but how often does he argue? Even on that last horrible non call, fox didn’t even say anything. Just outstanding character from our young men.
I pop into the NBA Reddit and various team sub Reddits and we are the most talked about and liked team aside from their number 1 team, if that makes sense. High praise and everyone rooting for us to make it into the playoffs. Even a lot of OKC fans were ok losing to us, especially if it means the Lakers don't get in.

We have certainly come a long way in a short time relatively speaking.

I pop into the NBA Reddit and various team sub Reddits and we are the most talked about and liked team aside from their number 1 team, if that makes sense. High praise and everyone rooting for us to make it into the playoffs. Even a lot of OKC fans were ok losing to us, especially if it means the Lakers don't get in.

We have certainly come a long way in a short time relatively speaking.
I was just about to respond to that same post to say the same thing. I think even Laker fans are coming around to being ok losing out on the playoffs to the Kings, bitterness from passing on Fox for Ball aside. Right now they cant even hate us, save for those idiots making problems at G1C. Probably because they like Fox more than Ball tbh.

Not looking forward to DeAaron being up for a contract and the talk about him to the Lakers tho. Its inevitable after First Take...

Fox can finish at the rim like no one I have seen in a long time. His shot selection is good. His passing is okay and getting better. He can really mess with the other team on defense. He applies pressure on both ends of the floor.

It is really hard for me to understand why there are so many no calls when he attacks the basket. Most of the players on defense weigh more than he does and he goes flying. It is almost as if the refs have secret meetings to make sure everything close gets called for players like Harden, but they have decided that Fox doesn't deserve to have his fouls called a lot of the time. I don't complain about officiating hardly at all, but this is blatant and obvious even to a casual fan.
It’s the Derrick Rose treatment if you don’t complain and whine you’re not getting calls

What's going on with Fox? He's playing a bit too passive in my opinion.. The defense is there but he's a hell of a better offensive player than he's been showing this month. Do you think he's making it more easy for the better shooters to get shots while concentrating on D and distributing? He's not in a slump or anything, but it seems like he's not utilizing his offensive ability much.

What's going on with Fox? He's playing a bit too passive in my opinion.. The defense is there but he's a hell of a better offensive player than he's been showing this month. Do you think he's making it more easy for the better shooters to get shots while concentrating on D and distributing? He's not in a slump or anything, but it seems like he's not utilizing his offensive ability much.
He seems to focusing on getting thr Kings' offense going while putting forth effort on defense. I've noticed that he tends to find a way to score when they need to end a run by the other team. He has also been sneaky with his scoring. Last night seemed like he had a quiet game, but he ended up with 19 pts & 9 asts.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I think to start the game he wants to get all his teammates involved as much as possible and then as the game goes along, he will start attacking the paint and pulling up for the occasional three pointer or mid-range J

Hes probably still mad you wanted the Kings to draft Trae Young and trade him for a half a 6" Subway sandwich Gary.

RealGm just started a thread on the 2017 draft and how they’d do it over again. Most people saying they’d take Fox at #1

Gotta love it
They love us over there quite the turn from last year although I wouldn’t blame anyone for bashing us before this year.

Hes probably still mad you wanted the Kings to draft Trae Young and trade him for a half a 6" Subway sandwich Gary.
Trae Young’s is legit

RealGm just started a thread on the 2017 draft and how they’d do it over again. Most people saying they’d take Fox at #1

Gotta love it
I’m on record before the draft saying I’d take Swipa #1 if I had the option. Also, Vlade was quoted as saying he have taken him #1 too, which some fans here scoffed at and felt wasn’t truth.

Well, if you read this quote from Fox, it’s clear he was told the team considered trading up for him.

"Sacramento was really confident in me. Vlade was thinking about trying to trade up to get me. They had a confidence in me that made me want to be here. And I think it's paid off. Two years in, we're fighting for a playoff spot. We're taking steps in the right direction."

I have not been back to California for 17 years and really looked forward to trying in-out when they opened in Auburn while i lived their. Never did much for me.

Fox got hurt earlier in the season and we don’t want him hurt now but he’s not getting as many calls as he should.

Also we must be doing something right as I have started to see more technicals called on our opponents and their coaches lately. We are getting under their skin and they hate it and I am loving it.

As far as the draft we are not going to get I look at our pickups at the trade deadline as our draft. With where we are going to be picking it would be hard to improve on our return.

Pretty crazy how loaded with talent that draft class is, yet 3 of the top 4 picks look like busts.
My hits and misses from 2017:

1. Fultz. Hit. Thought dude was extremely overrated. Yips or no yips.

2 . Ball. Miss. Thought dude was going to be a generational passer and his shooting would be better. I got his defense right--it has the potential
to be elite. There's more there and I would love to have him on the Kings. Dude makes his teams better.

3. Tatum. Miss early, looking like a hit now. Thought he be a very good NBA SF. Shades of Rudy. Has better handles, can create for himself. Unlike Rudy. Looked like a star early, now looking like he's close to what I thought he would be.

4. Jackson. Miss. Thought he'd be a point forward. His body hasn't developed. At all. Does he love the game? Without any physical development, he's a 2/3. A 3 stuck in a 2's body.

5. Fox. Hit. Best two way player in the draft with the highest ceiling. Uber athlete at the 1 spot. Never quite understood the shooting concerns.

Bonus:
6. Lauri. Miss. Thought he would be too slow.
7. Mitchell. Hit. Although I didn't think he would be this good.
8. Giles. Hit. I wanted Fox and Giles (and Anounby) in that draft. 2/3.

It is really hard for me to understand why there are so many no calls when he attacks the basket. Most of the players on defense weigh more than he does and he goes flying. It is almost as if the refs have secret meetings to make sure everything close gets called for players like Harden, but they have decided that Fox doesn't deserve to have his fouls called a lot of the time. I don't complain about officiating hardly at all, but this is blatant and obvious even to a casual fan.
The Kings should be sending game tape to the NBA highlighting the abuse that Fox experiences on the floor without getting any calls. If the refs are not going to punish the abuse, it will only get worse and a bad injury to our star becomes inevitable. Nothing good ever comes out of a young player losing his career, a franchise losing it main star, a sport losing an young exciting talent, a loyal fan base having their hopes dashed again. Sorry for being so melodramatic but all it takes is one bad fall in this physical sport to snuff out dreams.

People have to realize that Fox is a rising star with a fast growing international fan base. Fox is worth at least a few hundred million dollars to the NBA and it would be criminal for the Kings to not protect their asset. The Kings should make some noise about this issue -- involve Vivek, the NBPA, the media -- to get some positive action.

2 . Ball. Miss. Thought dude was going to be a generational passer and his shooting would be better. I got his defense right--it has the potential
to be elite. There's more there and I would love to have him on the Kings. Dude makes his teams better.
I seriously can't imagine why. I mean, he ain't starting over Swipa. Then what? Have his brooding, overconfident, smug attitude coming off the bench all while his ridiculous dad causes problems off-court?

Furthermore, there's no solid evidence to support that he makes his team better. He's a liability on the perimeter with a broken jump shot and his defense is wildly overrated. He just isn't all that great of a player right now.

Could he still develop into a great player? Absolutely. But with his dad always preaching how wonderful he already is, I don't see the motivation or drive there to achieve it. He thinks he's great already. And even if he reaches an elite level. You still have to deal with his dad AND the fact that De'Aaron Fox is the better player! Ball ain't starting here.

I seriously can't imagine why. I mean, he ain't starting over Swipa. Then what? Have his brooding, overconfident, smug attitude coming off the bench all while his ridiculous dad causes problems off-court?

Furthermore, there's no solid evidence to support that he makes his team better. He's a liability on the perimeter with a broken jump shot and his defense is wildly overrated. He just isn't all that great of a player right now.

Could he still develop into a great player? Absolutely. But with his dad always preaching how wonderful he already is, I don't see the motivation or drive there to achieve it. He thinks he's great already. And even if he reaches an elite level. You still have to deal with his dad AND the fact that De'Aaron Fox is the better player! Ball ain't starting here.
Lavar has been AWOL until recently when the trade rumors surfaced. His impact, since Zo became a pro has been about as much as Marvin 2.0. So I don't think that's a valid reason to not have Zo.

Lonzo has the ability to swing between 1 - 3. Both on offense and defense. He's arguably longer than Buddy or Bogdan.

His rebounding is elite for a wing, as is his passing. He's low usage and would be able to play off of Fox. The only thing holding him back is his shooting. He's going to need to devote a full summer to fixing it--changing his shot entirely. It can be done. He'll never be elite, but he needs to be league average--even if it's bottom of the barrel average.

Lavar has been AWOL until recently when the trade rumors surfaced. His impact, since Zo became a pro has been about as much as Marvin 2.0. So I don't think that's a valid reason to not have Zo.

Lonzo has the ability to swing between 1 - 3. Both on offense and defense. He's arguably longer than Buddy or Bogdan.

His rebounding is elite for a wing, as is his passing. He's low usage and would be able to play off of Fox. The only thing holding him back is his shooting. He's going to need to devote a full summer to fixing it--changing his shot entirely. It can be done. He'll never be elite, but he needs to be league average--even if it's bottom of the barrel average.
Assuming everything you say is or turns out to be true, he's still not better than Swipa and he's not starting over Buddy or HB either. So where does he play? He'd be a backup. Yogi is a better fit as a backup 1 because of his speed and shooting ability. Bogi is clearly a better all-around player too.

I just don't see how he'd have a role with this team. And I still contend he and his father would cause problems if he was coming off the bench in SAC. Plus, I'm not convinced Lonzo's personality would mesh well with this team. I really can't find one thing that screams out 'good fit'.

Of course you're entitled to believe what you believe. And maybe you're right. IDK. I'm just not seeing it.

Alright, I'm just gonna say it.

I know that Fox is our young, untouchable golden boy but TBH he hasn't been that impressive over the last few months.

We were talking about how he needed the all star break, and that hopefully with rest he might get back to early season Fox, but he hasn't.

Don't get me wrong, I love Fox and his future is still incredibly bright - but I'm ever so slightly starting to lean towards his ceiling being a star instead of a superstar.

He has been very streaky as of late - more often than not posting inefficient scoring numbers. He's still as great a defender as ever, but his offense has been hit or miss. It's well known that he's been getting screwed by the refs a bit with the no calls, and that definitely impacts his efficiency. But overall he just hasn't been as aggressive. Also, it's kind of hard to explain - but it doesn't really feel like he impacts games.

I'm not THAT worried about him. Obviously he's still super young and has more than enough time to develop further, but after that scorching hot start to the season, his progress has come to a bit of a halt.

I'm being unfairly critical, I'm aware of that. But you know how it goes - the team starts to play poorly and so my (and maybe our) attitude towards our boys starts to sour. This is all reactionary of course, next game they play well I'll probably be praising everyone. But right now I'm sad.