DeAaron Fox

I have been an enthusiastic supporter of Da Fox since the moment he was drafted. He has an amount of hops that gets him up in the ozone with much bigger players. He drives to the basket in ways not seen since the days of Elgin Baylor, Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan. He is going to set the all-time record for blocks by a point guard. He is a really good defender that continues to get better. He is a good rebounder. I hope his assists go up some. Passing is his only weakness. He turns the ball over with some lazy passes, and sometimes gets caught in the air with no where to go. We saw it at the end of the GS game and in the loss last night to the Suns. He has room for improvement in his passing. He is a hard worker and will get better.

I have been an enthusiastic supporter of Da Fox since the moment he was drafted. He has an amount of hops that gets him up in the ozone with much bigger players. He drives to the basket in ways not seen since the days of Elgin Baylor, Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan. He is going to set the all-time record for blocks by a point guard. He is a really good defender that continues to get better. He is a good rebounder. I hope his assists go up some. Passing is his only weakness. He turns the ball over with some lazy passes, and sometimes gets caught in the air with no where to go. We saw it at the end of the GS game and in the loss last night to the Suns. He has room for improvement in his passing. He is a hard worker and will get better.
Wow, this is a hot take in so many spots.

All time record for PG blocks?

The leader is Dennis Johnson with 670. That would be 10 years of almost 1 BPG assuming he playing 80% of his games. He's currently averaging .5 blocks per game. That would be 40 a year, so he would have to play like 17 years to beat that.

Bad passer?

He had a bad game. A really bad game, but lets not let hyperbole change what he has done this season. He's 54th in the NBA in ASS/TO ratio, 26th amongst PG's and most listed ahead of him are bench players. I think there were 6 starters above him.

Our franchise needs to start a public campaign pointing out that Fox is not getting the calls he has earned as a budding superstar. You have rooks like Luka getting the full Harden treatment out there...at least give Fox some CJ McCollum level respect. That’s all I’m asking. When Fox goes to the hole in the 4th we should expect to get the call when there is contact.

Our franchise needs to start a public campaign pointing out that Fox is not getting the calls he has earned as a budding superstar. You have rooks like Luka getting the full Harden treatment out there...at least give Fox some CJ McCollum level respect. That’s all I’m asking. When Fox goes to the hole in the 4th we should expect to get the call when there is contact.
He got smushed by 3 players on one of his last drives that was a foul. Now, it wasn't a good drive, because he went right at 3 guys, but he still drew the foul.

He got smushed by 3 players on one of his last drives that was a foul. Now, it wasn't a good drive, because he went right at 3 guys, but he still drew the foul.
I posted the video clip in the other thread regarding bad calls. The defender is back pedaling but does keep arms straight up. I don't know if it is a foul or not.

Either way, he does not get calls he should.

We know Harden would get the whistle there for sure.
Which is baffling. I mean, seriously, between the two which is the more likeable player?

Apparently today’s youth would much rather watch a guy travel all over the court to get off shots. I suppose it’s the eventual effect of 20 years of AND1 mixtape and streetball viewing. They simply think that’s how the game is supposed to be played. It’s quite sad.

As I’ve said before, I can’t name a more unwatchable player than James Harden. Players like him have slowly poisoned the game IMO. But I’m obviously in the minority.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Which is baffling. I mean, seriously, between the two which is the more likeable player?

Apparently today’s youth would much rather watch a guy travel all over the court to get off shots. I suppose it’s the eventual effect of 20 years of AND1 mixtape and streetball viewing. They simply think that’s how the game is supposed to be played. It’s quite sad.

As I’ve said before, I can’t name a more unwatchable player than James Harden. Players like him have slowly poisoned the game IMO. But I’m obviously in the minority.
I think you might be surprised to see just how many fans actually agree with you. ;)

I’m not sure you are. It infuriates and lulls most fans to sleep. I think the only people who stomach his playstyle are Rockets fans and because of the results. Yea no championships, but they win and have been contenders for a majority of his tenure there. I’m sure we’d be fine with it here though if we were blessed with the success the Rockets have had the last 5-6 years.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I’m not sure you are. It infuriates and lulls most fans to sleep. I think the only people who stomach his playstyle are Rockets fans and because of the results. Yea no championships, but they win and have been contenders for a majority of his tenure there. I’m sure we’d be fine with it here though if we were blessed with the success the Rockets have had the last 5-6 years.
People always make comments like this as though it changes the argument. It doesn't.

Over the last stretch not liking what I’m seeing

And no imprint throughout entire games

It’s motor or he can’t go full seasons due to physique. I’m still giving him credit by assuming the latter, but the questions of him being a franchise cornerstone are adding
You're not alone. It doesn't get talked about much, but Fox also seems to have really bad confidence issues. It's noticeable on his shooting when he immediately tries to rebound his own shot instead of following through or looks away right as he begins his shooting motion to see if there is any other option for him rather than take a shot. It's also noticeable when he brings the ball up the floor and immediately passes it off and retreats to the corner rather than try and make a play. This is very noticeable when he plays alongside Bogey and is the same issue he had last year with Randolph. Not sure what is going on in his head at the moment, but it's clear he is really doubting himself these last couple of games. I hope he breaks out of it soon because he is way too good and dynamic to think himself anything less than a top tier talent.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Over the last stretch not liking what I’m seeing

And no imprint throughout entire games

It’s motor or he can’t go full seasons due to physique. I’m still giving him credit by assuming the latter, but the questions of him being a franchise cornerstone are adding
Nothing to do with motor. Physique I absolutely buy into. Guy seems banged up and drained slightly more than halfway into the season.

Luckily that’s something that time, experience, and training will help.

gunks

Hall of Famer
This conversation is at least two seasons premature.

Kid looked like a budding superstar when his shot was falling and he had fresh legs earlier this season.

It's frustrating to see Fox fall off like this, but I still think he'll be fine in the long run. He's 21.

We’ll I was not able to watch the game but if the box score is any indication it must of been a repeat of the problems we always have.
No interior defense, no rebounding, inconsistent shooting from a couple of our better players. Certain players seemed to disappear.

So before our season slips away what is Vlade waiting for?

We’ll I was not able to watch the game but if the box score is any indication it must of been a repeat of the problems we always have.
No interior defense, no rebounding, inconsistent shooting from a couple of our better players. Certain players seemed to disappear.

So before our season slips away what is Vlade waiting for?
Honestly, I don't really care that much about making the playoffs. It would be nice, especially since we don't have to wrry about draft positioning, but we'd likely get immediately eliminated anyway. This season is all about development for me.

Honestly, I don't really care that much about making the playoffs. It would be nice, especially since we don't have to wrry about draft positioning, but we'd likely get immediately eliminated anyway. This season is all about development for me.
I think there's some value to making the playoffs for the experience, even if they're one and out. Isn't seeming like it's in the cards this year though.