DeAaron Fox

Yea the reason I hesitated in calling him pure garbage is because Phoenix can't seem to develop players. I can't tell whether they actually suck or just haven't been coached up right.

Regardless, I was reading their message board and one user said he was at a game, and he saw the coach talking to Josh and he wasn't listening at all, rolling his eyes.

Then he said once Jackson got into the game he loafed around on the first possession.

I think the dude is already checked out.
Interesting. There was the Bridges video too of not wanting to listen to the coach. It seems he may not have his players.

If you want some good laughs, read through the comments section of that video. There are numerous people not just suggesting ... but convinced ... that L. Ball is a better all-around player than De'Aaron Fox.
To be fair to Lonzo....... sources say he's being held back by his coach. If his dad was coaching him (blindfolded) he'd be an MVP candidate and the Lakers would easily win the championship.

Source: Lavar Ball

This is one of the biggest moments of the season so far. When knew he was fast. We knew he could handle. I knew he could shoot. HIs playmaking just keeps getting better. He is a defensive weapon now to use in crunch time. This is a luxury most teams don't have. The Fox can just take over games. He is 20 years old?
Our Coach is one smoothe mf'er I'll tell you that. "We can talk about that on the radio show... g'night..."

A lot of people crap on Lonzo but he's got a chance to be in the Jason Kidd, Rajon Rondo type mold. If he can get that shot fixed he can be a really good player. He's only 21. Elite size for his position. Elite rebounding. Very good passing skills and very good defender. He's not going to break out in any way while Lebron is there but if he can up his shooting efficiency, he's going to be a great player once Lebron is gone or if he gets traded and gets to run his own team. He just needs to get that shot under control again. If that happens, he's going to be very good. If it doesn't, he's going to toil in mediocrity.

A lot of people crap on Lonzo but he's got a chance to be in the Jason Kidd, Rajon Rondo type mold. If he can get that shot fixed he can be a really good player. He's only 21. Elite size for his position. Elite rebounding. Very good passing skills and very good defender. He's not going to break out in any way while Lebron is there but if he can up his shooting efficiency, he's going to be a great player once Lebron is gone or if he gets traded and gets to run his own team. He just needs to get that shot under control again. If that happens, he's going to be very good. If it doesn't, he's going to toil in mediocrity.
I cannot abide by the consistent disrespect to Jason Kidd by anyone even daring to compare Lonzo to him. Kidd is a NorCal LEGEND and true baller who did whatever it took to win. Kidd bossed a game like only a handful ever have.

De’Aaron is a much, much better comparison to the LEGEND that is Jason Kidd. Locking Luka down in the second half is straight out of the J Kidd playbook. That grab and go over Deandre was a patented Kidd move. This man Lonzo is not even close.

dude12

Hall of Famer
His role model has to be a Kidd type player but mentally, I don’t think he gets there. Kidd was rather special in the intensity and mental part. Lonzo has been coddled (thanks dad).

My brothers and sisters.... it has been a while since one of our players was on the positive side of a SAS rant... but you cannot deny the feels it gives you. let the feels in frens
Smh SAS dudes a clown don’t know why anyone would watch that nonsense.

Same dude who said the matchup in the KC vs SD game was Hunter Henry vs Derrick Johnson. Come on man

A lot of people crap on Lonzo but he's got a chance to be in the Jason Kidd, Rajon Rondo type mold.
Who? This guy?? :rolleyes:

If he can get that shot fixed he can be a really good player. He's only 21. Elite size for his position. Elite rebounding. Very good passing skills and very good defender. He's not going to break out in any way while Lebron is there but if he can up his shooting efficiency, he's going to be a great player once Lebron is gone or if he gets traded and gets to run his own team. He just needs to get that shot under control again. If that happens, he's going to be very good. If it doesn't, he's going to toil in mediocrity.
In all seriousness, a lot of people are already making a lot of excuses for him. I mean, I don't want to be a complete hypocrite as I admit that things can change over the next 2-3 seasons. I just don't think it's looking all that great for Ball developing into anything more than good role player. I just don't see 'STAR' written on him anywhere.

Does he throw the occasional 'WOW' pass. Sure. Does he play good defense? Sure. But elite defense as some are trying to make it out to be? Nah. And he still can't guard quick, fast point guards. Just ask De'Aaron Fox. And he still can't shoot consistently.

Funny, but John Wall still gets mocked for his shooting yet he's better than Lonzo.

Alot of it is a dislike for his father. Lonzo Ball is no scrub BUT he wasn’t drafted at #2 to be a role player (and that is what he currently is). He was expected to revolutionize the position and be the next great Laker. He still has time to be that but, the comparison between him and Fox as of today is done. Fox has brought back respectability to a historically crappy franchise and IMO has become a franchise player. How freaking lucky are we that the Kings drafted him?!

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Alot of it is a dislike for his father. Lonzo Ball is no scrub BUT he wasn’t drafted at #2 to be a role player (and that is what he currently is). He was expected to revolutionize the position and be the next great Laker. He still has time to be that but, the comparison between him and Fox as of today is done. Fox has brought back respectability to a historically crappy franchise and IMO has become a franchise player. How freaking lucky are we that the Kings drafted him?!
I mean, Magic was freaking comparing Lonzo to HIMSELF (i.e one of the five PGs of all time) as a catalyst for a complete culture change only for Lonzo to be a taller Ricky Rubio.

Ok this may sound like I like the Kid but I cannot condone what his dad has done and when he came into the league he had a giant cloud over him because of it.

We can talk trash but his dad as soon as he started to get stronger he should of converted that shot that young folks have before they have the strength to shoot a normal adult jumper. But no he just saw no need to change it and I am shocked every time I see it. Does it go in? Well yeah sometimes but so does WCS’s free throws.

Now the Fakers have the chance to unload that mistake because Lonzo is a liability and in another system he might just turn out to be a decent low scorer but a better than average point guard. But with LeBron which is a better point guard than Lonzo will ever be they can just plug in a decent guard and actually be better.

If he has any value right now the Fakers need to trade him while they still can and I see him bounce around the league for years in the NBA.

gunks

Hall of Famer
I do think Lonzo gets a lot of hate because of his dad and being a Laker. The kid really isn't THAT bad. If he ends up traded, and/or keeps working on his game until Lebron fades into the sunset, I can see him being a damn good PG in a few years. He'll never be a guy who puts up a lot of points, but I don't think the Rondo/Kidd comp is too off base. He has that nightly triple double threat potential, and isn't a bad defender.

Anyways, why the hell am I defending a freaking Laker?! I guess I'm just so pumped about Fox that I don't really feel the need to bring down any other player in that draft class.

In a redraft our guy Fox is easily going #1. He's just on another level, even dusting cats like Mitchell and Tatum. Lonzo probably drops to around 5.

All world talent, but to bring a constructive criticism, I need to see 4 quarter intensity. With WCS, I need to see ‘serviceability in the paint’. With Fox it’s ‘4 quarters of intensity’

He’s the player which represents to me our ceiling in terms of how good he can be. Not to bring up the boogey man Doncic, but since he’s looked at as a young franchise player I’d say this: Fox is more talented, but Doncic brings a consistent intensity. Making the comparison a question mark

Last year, De’aaron annoyed me with his passivity and IMO coasted through a lot of games, though I always recognized star talent. It was thought then that the system took him out of his play, but maybe there can be something innate to that?

Now, he will take over certain quarters, and play passive for other quarters. When he’s taking over he’s a sight to behold. You just want it consistently throughout the game. There are times when I feel he’s not dictating the pace or putting his “imprint” on periods of games

‘Intensity for 4 quarters’, my mantra for him. Not to take away from just turning 21 and already showing franchise player type stuff. Hopefully 3 years from now he will be imprinting entire games with a consistency

All world talent, but to bring a constructive criticism, I need to see 4 quarter intensity. With WCS, I need to see ‘serviceability in the paint’. With Fox it’s ‘4 quarters of intensity’

He’s the player which represents to me our ceiling in terms of how good he can be. Not to bring up the boogey man Doncic, but since he’s looked at as a young franchise player I’d say this: Fox is more talented, but Doncic brings a consistent intensity. Making the comparison a question mark

Last year, De’aaron annoyed me with his passivity and IMO coasted through a lot of games, though I always recognized star talent. It was thought then that the system took him out of his play, but maybe there can be something innate to that?

Now, he will take over certain quarters, and play passive for other quarters. When he’s taking over he’s a sight to behold. You just want it consistently throughout the game. There are times when I feel he’s not dictating the pace or putting his “imprint” on periods of games

‘Intensity for 4 quarters’, my mantra for him. Not to take away from just turning 21 and already showing franchise player type stuff. Hopefully 3 years from now he will be imprinting entire games with a consistency

I get it, but no one sprints the entire game.

Hmmm. I don’t....hmmm...uhhhh. Not sure how to respond to this. Are we watching the same guy? There have only been a handful of games this year when I haven’t felt like fox had his fingerprints all over the game and/or was clearly the best player on the court. I rarely watch a game and think of him as having a passive quarter. There are certainly quarters where he is not looking to attack with his shot a lot of times on offense, but honestly I think that’s often by design.

Hmmm. I don’t....hmmm...uhhhh. Not sure how to respond to this. Are we watching the same guy? There have only been a handful of games this year when I haven’t felt like fox had his fingerprints all over the game and/or was clearly the best player on the court. I rarely watch a game and think of him as having a passive quarter. There are certainly quarters where he is not looking to attack with his shot a lot of times on offense, but honestly I think that’s often by design.
Tonight was a great example

Is there any news about his right arm from last nights game, is he going to be ok? I know he was nursing it a bit towards the end of the game, which he played through great!

Guess he never listens to his interviews. His job is to get other guys going too.

I’d change “attack with his shot” with “attack”. I just watched him show nothing in the first quarter against New Orleans where the whole team struggled. He’ll probably have a very good third quarter

4 quarters of intensity