DeAaron Fox

I’m not really worried about the “site reaction” and I don’t think Vlade was either. I know they liked Markennan and I suspect they thought they might get him at 10. They didn’t get him but in retrospect may consider themselves fortunate based on Giles play.
I'm not either worried about fan reaction, it's more a comment on revisionist history. Maybe you called it at the time, but I'm always amazed how easy it is to select the draft order after the fact.

With that said, I'm still not sure I'm totally sold on Markkennan. I think he's a nice player and will have a very long career. However, I still think Fox may very well be much more valuable when it's all said and done. We shall see, but that's part of what makes it fun.

We would be in the playoffs if the Kings just took the popular fan choice in the draft for the last 10 years. StR had an article on it a while back and we would have a pretty solid team right now. Not a championship contender but a perennial playoff team.
Although, that would supposedly change the spot at which we are picking as the better players (fan's choice) improve the team incrementally. so the set of players that would have been available to us by following the fan's choice would be increasingly worse year after year than the set of players that was available to us given our missteps. Unless of course we got lucky like Philly and all of our picks got injured so we can accumulate a bunch of them :p

edit: just saying that the universe would find a way too keep us out of the playoffs :)

I'm not either worried about fan reaction, it's more a comment on revisionist history. Maybe you called it at the time, but I'm always amazed how easy it is to select the draft order after the fact.

With that said, I'm still not sure I'm totally sold on Markkennan. I think he's a nice player and will have a very long career. However, I still think Fox may very well be much more valuable when it's all said and done. We shall see, but that's part of what makes it fun.
It’s not even revisionist history... I thought Markennan would be there at 10. But the director of scouting did get fired in Feb. Odd timing and in a time where everything else has been discussed adnauseum, it’s pure speculation as to why. Arguing against a 5 Markennan and 10 Mitchell draft could be a reason why. It’s admittedly an I’m bored and what else can be discussed topic.

It’s not even revisionist history... I thought Markennan would be there at 10. But the director of scouting did get fired in Feb. Odd timing and in a time where everything else has been discussed adnauseum, it’s pure speculation as to why. Arguing against a 5 Markennan and 10 Mitchell draft could be a reason why. It’s admittedly an I’m bored and what else can be discussed topic.
Hahah.....that's something we can agree on! When does training camp start!?!?