De'Aaron Fox to return soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
De'Aaron Fox just said he could be back as soon as the Charlotte game, and no later than Christmas. :D
Absolutely no way Fox would have let us lose that game.

HOW COULD WE NOT TAKE IT TO THE HOLE ONCE IN THE FINAL THREE MINUTES!!!!!!!

(aside from Barnes drawing a foul once).

Fox would have rammed it down their throat every time and at bare minimum kicked it out to wide open shooters.

Incredible. I had my doubts about our training staff for a few reasons, but this makes me so happy.

Fox changes everything for us. Look out, western conference!!

Kingster

Hall of Famer
It should be much longer for a grade 3. That’s a full tear. Really hope they aren’t rushing him back
This is my main concern. What do they say when something is too good to be true? I just don't believe it. I don't believe that he's a 100% and I don't believe that he won't be risking getting it re-injured within a couple of weeks of starting play. Call me a major skeptic on this one. Do I have any inside medical knowledge? No. Am I an expert? Not in any way. It's just that from what I've read this grade 3 sprain takes several months to fully recover from and I can't shake the feeling that he's coming back too soon. I had a very bad ankle sprain in my 20s with crutches and whole shebang and so I'm also drawing on that personal experience. It's going to probably take a month of seeing him play with no repercussions before I stop worrying about him like a fretful mother.

The Kings have a lot more invested in Fox than us fans. I can't imagine they are taking the decision to give him the go-ahead lightly. They also have minimal incentives to rush him back. The Kings are playing fairly well.

There was a very similar discussion of Bogi's hamstring and how he was going to rip it or he should take two weeks off. The Kings are paying people to make these decisions.

I have enough stress keeping up my fandom without having to second guess trainers and doctors. If he's cleared, he should play.

Possible misreporting on the sprain. I know I saw a few twitter reports, but maybe it wasn't actually a grade 3 sprain.
It may have been more a misdiagnosis on the grade of injury, than a misreporting, because the Kings never corrected the reports of the Grade 3 ankle sprain.

Maybe the initial injury was really a grade 2 (moderate) as opposed to grade 3 (severe) ankle sprain.

From the very first weeks of Fox's recovery, he didn't seem as "injured" as a grade 3 sprain would have suggested.

Either way, I just hope that Fox is really 100%, if he is coming back tomorrow. :)

Last edited:
It must have been a bad grade 3 sprain to take this long.
I had a full tear of my ATFL. It was 3 months before I could even think about taking a jumpshot standing still on the court by myself. But then again I didn’t have top of the line equipment and a trained staff caring for me either.

My guess is, as others have said, this was not a grade 3. Grade 3 sprains don’t magically speed up their healing process by 50%. Most likely a grade 2.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
That would make a lot of sense, but has anybody seen a correction to the original reporting of a grade 3 sprain?
I did a quick check and the only mention of a grade 3 sprain was from Jason Jones who quoted "league sources." I didn't see anything from the team that specified a grade 3.

Not too concerned with what reported tbh. I'm just glad he's looking good. :)

The Kings have a lot more invested in Fox than us fans. I can't imagine they are taking the decision to give him the go-ahead lightly. They also have minimal incentives to rush him back. The Kings are playing fairly well.

There was a very similar discussion of Bogi's hamstring and how he was going to rip it or he should take two weeks off. The Kings are paying people to make these decisions.

I have enough stress keeping up my fandom without having to second guess trainers and doctors. If he's cleared, he should play.
Yeah, let’s get real. Severe sprain, clearly, but i don’t remember every outlet reporting a grade 3 sprain. It all seemed like speculation

This is the same team that held Bagley back an extra week with a hurt thumb for crying out loud

I have sprained both ankles at least 10 times. Only one took longer than 3- 4 weeks to heal. It was a grade 3 and black and blue and yellow after 3 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.