corliss can opt out after this season?

F

Fillmoe

can corliss opt out after the season and become a free agent? and if he does what sort of money do we have left to sign another player?

yes yes we are... basically petrie traded webber for kenny.... 22 mil for 8 mil, and an extra 2 years on the contract... we saved money (well not yet because corlis has to expire) but i never thought i would say this... but i miss webber... and wow thats hard for me to say

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Even if Corliss COULD opt out, hard to see him do so after what we did to his minutes this year. be VERY hard for him to secure a deal worth any $$$ at all. In fact actually think that will be an interesting minor sidestory this offseason. Unless Corliss is content just to fade off and hang them up here in Sacto, if I were him I would very much be asking to either be made a normal rotation guy or be traded off to somebody where I could play. Can't average less than 10min and then go off and hit the FA market or you're stuck playing at the vet min for the remainder of your career.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Isn't this getting close to the end of Corliss' career anyway? This is his 11th year... I can't really see him signing a new multi-year deal somewhere.

SacKings4Life21 said:
yes yes we are... basically petrie traded webber for kenny.... 22 mil for 8 mil, and an extra 2 years on the contract... we saved money (well not yet because corlis has to expire) but i never thought i would say this... but i miss webber... and wow thats hard for me to say
We did need to break Webber's contract up in to multiple pieces which we did, but you have to think if we had Webber with our current staff we'd go pretty darn far in the playoffs if not win it. But than again, you make moves with the current roster you have and not what you had. I doubt we would have gotten SAR, let alone Artest etc if we had Webber. It just kind of sucks to think we essentially trader Webber for KT. Corliss, VP, Monia are non factors on our current team. I liked Skinner and think it was a big mistake to trade him because he would have helped us out a lot with rebounding and bashing inside against the Spurs. I would have liked to see how he does against TD and Nazr, because if SAR can do it, I think he can...although he isn't quite the weapon and talented as SAR is at scoring he is very strong and has a desire to win. I was really upset watching what he did to us with Portland after we traded him....he scored so many points one after another on us. Anyways, if we could moved Corliss as a expiring contract and KT packaged up with Miller for someone good at PF/C, I'd be all for it. I like Corliss as a real good locker room player who cheers up the guy, but we don't need him and his $6+ million contract against our cap for as little as he plays. He has been a good embassador for Kings basketball now both in his early and late career, but his career is nearing its end and we need to see what we can get for him and KT to bring us the NBA championship.

We are 1-2 players away from going all the way or at least very far.

I would love our starting lineup of Bibby, Bonzi, Artest, SAR, Camby (then Edwardo N., KMart, Cisco, House/BJ type PG, Francisco Elson off the bench).