ComcastSportsNet West's 1st day

Well the first day of CSN West is in the books. Im a bit mixed.

Started off with the replay of the Kings vs Pheonix game at 2:30pm.

With the Pregame show..... I like seeing Kara Lawson of the Monarchs as the analyst but the rest was awful IMHO. They were trying to be hip I guess but it came across like I was watching Seseme Street or kids show aimed at 10 year olds you normally see on Nickelodeon. The only other good thing was the 2 stories from Channel 13 on that first game against the Clippers. I loved that! Left me grinning from ear to ear.

The postgame show was good. More Kara analysis.....I like seeing Adelmans postgame conferences. Looks like thats going to be everyday on the radio as well. I ve been wanting that for years.

They replayed the game and postgame show after the postgame show which is good to see if the Kings win.. anyway;)

After that they picked up ESPNews.

What did those of you that saw it think of it?

Last edited:
I actually hadn't heard anything about the espn news being on until I flipped over to the channel later tonight.

I like that because I have extended basic cable (no digital) so I don't get espn news on my regular channel lineup.

I only had two real comments about the new things they're doing. First, that set that they are using for the halftime show looks really lame, and I'd rather see Koz doing stuff from courtside.

Also, that one commercial with Slamson and the royal court dancers advertising the Kings team store has to be the absolute worst commercial I've seen on TV in a very long time.

Last edited:
It feels wierd but great to actually have an all kings/sacramento etc. tv channel! It was cool that they replay the game afterward, just incase you missed the game earlier. The pregame show does seem like a nickelodeon meets sesame street kind of theme to it. I would rate it a "D-" . But it's a start! GO KINGS hopefully they win tonight against the Spurs!

I thought it was odd that they showed the last preseason game. And then the pregame show was on and I thought it was kind of stupid. I know I won't be watching the pregame show anymore.

And when they showed the postgame, they cut it off midway thru Adelman's being interviewed. However, I did notice later on in the evening they replayed the game.

Last edited:
Ditto on the pregame show...that just (for lack of better words) sucked.

Abby "the girl next door?" WTF!? What kind of name is "House party live anyways?What is this 1995?

::shakes head because she knows she's still going to watch it every game::

ReinadelosReys said:
Ditto on the pregame show...that just (for lack of better words) sucked.

Abby "the girl next door?" WTF!? What kind of name is "House party live anyways?What is this 1995?

::shakes head because she knows she's still going to watch it every game::
lmao...... I was waiting for Kid N Play to come through the door next;)

Ill be watchin every second of it cursing at the tube that its so stupid hoping that there is atleast 1 descent segment:p

Last edited:
Rockmeister said:
And when they showed the postgame, they cut it off midway thru Adelman's being interviewed. However, I did notice later on in the evening they replayed the game.
First show glitches is all it was.

slugking50 said:
lmao...... I was waiting for Kid N Play to come through the door next;)

Ill be watchin every second of it cursing at the tube that its so stupid hoping that there is atleast 1 descent segment:p
Ditto! But you know, we got to watch for more Kingsfans cameos...anyone else see Kingsgurl on there with that "Abby the girl next door" video thing?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Yep, that was her! For some reason - purple hair and tattoo, possibly - the camera crews like her. ;)

This show is getting worse and more worse by the show..... They introduced "My Grungy Friend Matt"?!?!?!? This show is really gettting AWFUL.... Keep Kara and the old School pieces and dump the other....... stuff emediately!!!!!!! :eek:

KingsTalk is tonight...... Maybe I can give Koz my humble opinion of this travesty....

The other night they kept showing the clip of inuagural game with October 25th 1985 title. Only problem was that it was actually the 1988 home opener for the new/current Arco arena. You would think they could get that one correct.

Well... either Kara got the boot or shes busy with something else. Knowing them they booted her. Kara was/is about the only good about that show!! I like Harrold Pressley but c'mon bring Kara back....

Big Mike is A-W-F-U-L!! Get rid of him now!!!!! And get rid of Abby!! And get rid of the stupid House Party!! Its STINKS!!:eek: :(

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I think the insult of watching that pre-game show and then having the game blacked out was the worst about today...and today hasn't been a good day.

When the bozo says "Welcome DishNetwork and DirecTV viewers" one would think one was going to see the game, wouldn't one?

Blech!

ReinadelosReys said:
That was /walton voice on-HORRIBLE-/walton voice off!!
LOL.... Unfortunately so true......

Postgame show is on now.....< mute >

Ok thats better postgame show is a little bit better on the radio.... Well as much as you can have with Coach T.

Listening to you folks, I don't feel too bad about not being able to see any of the Kings show on TV. I'll have to admit that I would kind of like to have seen the unflattering picture of Kingsgurl.

Rupe da Hoop is coming up next!

There I said it. Bruhaaa, haaa, ha, ha!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The interviews with the players were interesting, especially when Webber joked about the plane trip with Grant. I did enjoy that.

Now, can someone explain under what kind of logic the "REBROADCAST" of the game would be blacked out?

I am slowly losing my mind. If you see it, please tell it to come home. I miss it...I think.

VF21 said:
Now, can someone explain under what kind of logic the "REBROADCAST" of the game would be blacked out?

I am slowly losing my mind. If you see it, please tell it to come home. I miss it...I think.
Wtf is up with that ? thats lame, someone in the NBA/Comcast offices need to start using their brain a bit.