Coach Gentry gets COVID

WALTON TO SERVE AS ACTING COACH TONIGHT

i think i have the right link:

http://captainfoamy.blogspot.com/2005/12/

Still under contract and being paid by the Sacramento Kings, former head coach Luke Walton has been pressed into service to coach tonight's game against the Washington Wizards, in the wake of Interim Head Coach Alvin Gentry's positive Covid test.

Kings owner Vivek Ranadive explained, "We are almost dead broke and there's no way I'm going to pay a THIRD person to coach this sorry-ass team, but we know from experience that Luke will have the guys ready to compete."

Asked to comment, Walton explained that, "I'm going to have to look at the tape first, but my first inclination is to not change a single thing - after all, this team is very close to being a playoff, or at least a play-in team, thanks to my stellar work over the past couple of years. What's not to like?"

Still under contract and being paid by the Sacramento Kings, former head coach Luke Walton has been pressed into service to coach tonight's game against the Washington Wizards, in the wake of Interim Head Coach Alvin Gentry's positive Covid test.

Kings owner Vivek Ranadive explained, "We are almost dead broke and there's no way I'm going to pay a THIRD person to coach this sorry-ass team, but we know from experience that Luke will have the guys ready to compete."

Asked to comment, Walton explained that, "I'm going to have to look at the tape first, but my first inclination is to not change a single thing - after all, this team is very close to being a playoff, or at least a play-in team, thanks to my stellar work over the past couple of years. What's not to like?"

Gotta admit, you had me going in the beginning.

Post of the season!

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Doug Christie could be the Urban Meyer of coaches and still be better for this franchise post-playing than Vlade ever was.

Vlade is known for his passing. Passing to Horry. Passing over Luka.

Vlade was foolishly entrusted with a job that he wasn't qualified for and we're still recovering from his shenanigans.
Brutal!

Loved him as a player. Want to remember the good times, in particular, the beautiful passes to Peja. As he once said (from memory, might not be exact), "when I pass, the ball has eyes!"

[Hot take]

Christie was cast aside. Divac quit. And quit for the gd lakers, on top of that. Christie >>>> Divac, forever.

[/Hot take]
[Hot take]

Divac first signed with the Kings because it was closer to his home in LA. He will always be a Laker first because they brought him over to the league.

Divac wasn't brought back. Petrie chose to spend the money instead to sign Greg Ostertag.

Christie was traded because he suffered from injuries (plantar fasciitis & bone spurs later on) and was no longer the same player he was before.

That being said, I fully agree that Christie >>>> Divac always.

[/Hot take]

Last edited:

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
[Hot take]

Divac first signed with the Kings because it was closer to his home in LA. He will always be a Laker first because they brought him over to the league.

Divac wasn't brought back. Petrie chose to spend the money instead to sign Greg Ostertag.

Christie was traded because he suffered from injuries (plantar fasciitis & bone spurs later on) and was no longer the same player he was before.

That being said, I fully agree that Christie >>>> Divac always.

[/Hot take]
Doug Christie is the guy who, after already being injured, himself, in a playoff game, saw Stojakovic being brought back to the locker room, and realized his team needed him, and went back out, hurt.

Divac is the guy (and I wish my Internet-fu was strong enough that I could track down the article where I read this, nearly 17 years ago [I think it might have been in the LA Times, but I can't find it]) who said that he left Sacramento because Petrie didn't trade Webber fast enough, and that if it would have happened sooner, he would have stayed, for less money. **** him, forever.