Children of Men...

Hands down the best movie I have seen in years. A real masterpiece. I cannot say enough about this film. Go see it, you will not be dissapointed.

Looks very interesting. Alfonso Cuarón has had some other great works like Y tu mamá también and Great Expectations so it should be worth checking out. Thanks.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
I saw it last night... very intense film. Normally I like Sci-Fi beceause it is a nice escape, even dark visions like Blade Runner or 1984 don't feel this intensly connected to reality. This was like watching Kingdom of Hope or Turtles Can Fly: I was stunned. Had to go home and detox by watching something less serious... Discovery Chanel. Props on the film it is a must see but it is NOT a popcorn flick!;)

I've been a fan of P.D. James' Fiction....

For a long time, & the wonderfull mystery! adaptations on PBS. I read the book when it first came out, & the trailor looks good. All of your comments just interest me more, looking forward to seeing it.

I'm glad this movie turned out as good as I hoped it would be after seeing a trailer for it last year. I think a problem common to all scifi movies, or even movies with scientific concepts, is the "big, sweeping exposition" scene, which has some guy explaining what's happening; thankfully, this film didn't have one of those (we never learn what exactly causes the mass infertility).