Chicago Bears VS. Detroit Lions

Surprise, surprise, the Bears lost. I support them so much, but they let the Lions break their streak of 24 consecutive road losses. :(

David Terrell was really good though. So was Rex Grossman. They were doing so well in the beginning, but that blocked field goal ruined the whole game. After something goes wrong, it's downhill for the Bears. They don't get back up. I think that that is one of their weaknesses.....not having confidence in themselves after something goes wrong. Of course, the fans could be a little more supportive. I was so depressed yesterday for about two hours :sigh:. Then, I was watching Vikings vs. Cowboys. The Vikings just blew me away.

Next week, though, the Bears are going all the way. Go Bears! This year they'll be going to the superbowl. Go Bears, Go!!!!!

If you watched the game, they had to mention who holds the longest road losing streak in history of all sports :( Number 43 comes to mind and a team from Sacramento.

Bears_fan said:
David Terrell was really good though. So was Rex Grossman.
Grossman was o.k. until he threw that INT with about 20 sec left...and it was only 3rd down.

Bears_fan said:
Then, I was watching Vikings vs. Cowboys. The Vikings just blew me away.
Yeah, sad day for Cowboys fans. But the Vikings are tough at home and Vinny looked good. Cowboys started out 0-1 last year too, and that was because we lost to ATL w/o Vick in Dallas.

So, when it comes down to it, I think I'd rather lose at Minny, than lose at home to the Falcons w/o Vick.

LOL @ VF21. I would be a Cubs fan....if I liked baseball. Baseball just depresses me for some reason.

I'm happy that your teams won, hoopsfan. Northwestern Illinois won against Southwestern...so YAY!

kingsnation....yeah, that int. destroyed my last hope that they could still win. Even if they didn't get that particular touchdown, they still could've done an onsides kick. I would mind losing to the Vikings, only because they are the biggest enemies of the Bears (after the Packers <I wanted to say cheese heads, but nah>).

vj9999, yeah, I noticed that also. I'm not a Kings fan, but I like this forum. I was racking my brain about where I heard a lot about them, and then I realized that it was from this forum! I used to be b-ball's fan when Jordan was still w/the Bulls, but ever since he left, my interest left with him.

im a bears fans and a cubs fan. by all logic, i should have killed myself 10 times over by now. but, life goes on.

i wouldn't worry about the bears bro, we'll be all right. our offense is still trying to find itself. for a QB with only 4 games of NFL starting experience, and his first game under a completely new staff, we did damn good. our defense is superb, and urlacher is still not 100%. however, our special teams is another story. you're telling me that 3 guys flat out missed the guy who ran and returned a blocked FG 92 yards...? sad.

terrell seems to be tapping into his offensive abilities. however, it seems that whenever his ability goes upward, his immaturity goes downward. i still love the guy to death.

BEAT THE PACK

Grobar said:
im a bears fans and a cubs fan. by all logic, i should have killed myself 10 times over by now. but, life goes on.
LOL.

i wouldn't worry about the bears bro, we'll be all right. our offense is still trying to find itself. for a QB with only 4 games of NFL starting experience, and his first game under a completely new staff, we did damn good. our defense is superb, and urlacher is still not 100%. however, our special teams is another story. you're telling me that 3 guys flat out missed the guy who ran and returned a blocked FG 92 yards...? sad.
I'm a girl. :). Yeah, Grossman was pretty hot (as in good) out there. Like the commentators said, he needs support. Yeah, that was pretty sad. But, they were slower than the other team because they were supposed to be getting that field goal.

terrell seems to be tapping into his offensive abilities. however, it seems that whenever his ability goes upward, his immaturity goes downward. i still love the guy to death.

BEAT THE PACK
^Innit. But, the taunting penalty wasn't deserved. I didn't think he was taunting. I've seen worse. I like what Lovie Smith is doing to the Bears. As for why they lost, they can't change overnight. Also, the ex-coach is part of the Detroit's staff. So, he probably told them a couple of things about the old players from the Bears. Honestly, we are going to the Super Bowl (my brother and I say this every year....unfortunately, I wasn't even born when they went to the super bowl in '85.)

sorry about the "bro" thing, i always say that, its just the way i talk.

also, i don't really care if taunting is deserved or not, its better if they just dont do it. i like what lovie is doing to the bears too. i know they can't change overnight. im not mad at the fact they lost. im mad and dissapointed in the fact that we OWNED them on offense and on defense (they didn't convert a 3rd down untill the second half...) and still lost. its just the level of maturity. but we will grow together over time and get better.

however, this season doesn't look good, especially since our next 3 games are against, the pack, minnesota and the eagles :(