Carmichael Dave innuendo, "We are officially at Defcon One"

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that Jason Jones rumor is true. then what a disaster. Although I'm not sure how it could be considering none of these players even played with him...

Woj is really clear that Vivek fired Malone.

It's strange that there seems to be an ongoing debate over that. Even now.
Wierd because Vivek said Mully and Pete flew out to Vegas and begged to have Malone fired after the hot start.

Theres no clear leader in charge, yeah theres always going to be differing opinions but their needs to be a strong leader in place in which every player can trust, even though he might not nescessarily agree with the coaching selection, we just dont have that right now, this franchise is being run by incompetent people(recognized by everyone) with a landry list of mistakes that is growing by the day.

Wierd because Vivek said Mully and Pete flew out to Vegas and begged to have Malone fired after the hot start.

Theres no clear leader in charge, yeah theres always going to be differing opinions but their needs to be a strong leader in place in which every player can trust, even though he might not nescessarily agree with the coaching selection, we just dont have that right now, this franchise is being run by incompetent people(recognized by everyone) with a landry list of mistakes that is growing by the day.
Was that on purpose? Because it was pretty good.

I beg to disagree and I don't believe that "saying".

Are you saying Doctors, Lawyers, and the likes of Vivek/PDA, etc. get rich because they made dumb decisions in their life?:rolleyes:

How did they get there and be successful if they make dumb decisions?
This I agree with you, but the thing is running a team not only entails knowledge of the inner workings of a locker room. It is more complicated than what casual fans like us think it is.

Besides, do you honestly think with several years of experience in the NBA, both Vivek/PDA wouldn't know the importance of the inner workings of the locker room?

Are they really that moronic or inexperienced not to at least have heard and learned of that very important aspect of team building?

BTW, I am not elevating them. I am just saying they are not that stupid that some of us fans think they are.
The quotes XY pulled are paraphrases, just to inform anyone who is reading this. Also, to anyone who is reading this, please read my original posts to get the message of referenced posts.

I'll just be addressing XY's statements not as a continuation of XY's response to my posts but solely as a response to XY's points.

Are you saying Doctors, Lawyers, and the likes of Vivek/PDA, etc. get rich because they made dumb decisions in their life?:rolleyes:
People don't get rich because of dumb decisions. They get rich because they make decisions that help them become rich.

How did they get there and be successful if they make dumb decisions?
They got there by making decisions that were more likely to make them rich.

Could you explain what these rhetorical questions are supposed to point out? I'm going to assume that these questions are meant to tell me that Vivek and co. are not idiots. They aren't idiots; they have lots of life experiences that make them wise. But they made a bad decision by firing Malone. They executed poorly on the PR side of things, with the players learning about the firing over social media. They damaged the franchise a lot. They're not dumb; Vivek knows how to run TIBCO. But because of what they have done so far, I don't have faith in them moving forward.

This I agree with you, but the thing is running a team not only entails knowledge of the inner workings of a locker room. It is more complicated than what casual fans like us think it is.

Besides, do you honestly think with several years of experience in the NBA, both Vivek/PDA wouldn't know the importance of the inner workings of the locker room?
Vivek/PDA probably know that the inner workings of the locker room is part of the cost/benefit analysis of firing a coach. Either they ignored it or they didn't calculate it well enough. Looking from the outside, the math seemed pretty clear: lots of players liked Malone, and firing him would bring a lot of damage. This was evident even before the firing. Even more reason why I don't have faith in their judgment.

And for the purposes of rational debate: try to directly quote my post and respond accordingly. Sometimes, when paraphrasing an opponent's argument, it is possible that that paraphrase is worded in such a way that makes it so that you are arguing against something that the opposition never said. There might be some quirks that get disregarded, etc. It's like a game of telephone, and by the end of the chain you're arguing against something different from the original viewpoint. I don't want to defend words that haven't come directly from the source.

Finally, I might call the FO idiots from time to time, but that's just me throwing feces everywhere. I call people I don't like idiots, because that's slang from where I come from.

Status
Not open for further replies.