Carlos Delfino and Larry Brown

Why did he have his surgery in Argentina? That's kind of weird. I can't think of any player who had surgery in his hometown, especially mid-season, unless the top doc in the field happened to live there.

Venom said:
Why did he have his surgery in Argentina? That's kind of weird. I can't think of any player who had surgery in his hometown, especially mid-season, unless the top doc in the field happened to live there.
If you were an American baller living in...oh say... Serbia, or Italy, or Greece, where are you going for surgery? ...think aboutit....you're running for home where you hope the surgeon speaks your language and you are 99% sure the nurses do. :rolleyes:

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
kingskings! said:
Dang, somebody better call Rick Adelman and inform him of MSC's "great playoff truths":)
Alright, smart guy, think back to the last season where we did particularly well, and ask yourself when did Adelman give a rookie/playoff newb any significant run? Hell, for that matter, ask yourself what rookies/playoff newbs Adelman is giving significant run to right now? Just because none of these guys have played on this team before doesn't mean that Rick doesn't know what they're capable of providing in the playoffs; coaches *do* scout other teams, you know...

Carlos Delfino, welcome to Larry Brown's doghouse. Try to find a seat; it's a full house.

PS -- Just for the record, I'm somewhere between Slim's stance and Brick's stance on this one.

kingskings! said:
If you were an American baller living in...oh say... Serbia, or Italy, or Greece, where are you going for surgery? ...think aboutit....you're running for home where you hope the surgeon speaks your language and you are 99% sure the nurses do. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I get your point, but its still extremely irregular. Makes me think Delfino had issues before the injury and then used the surgery as a way to go home for a couple months. Brown is a jerk, but it's pretty easy to stay in his good graces if you just work hard and bring it.

i still say its a "what have you done for me lately" business. where the hell has ham been all season? delfino showed potential, and even though with ham you know what you're getting, it aint much. with delfino you know you will get hustle and a 100% effort. it's not like he has never stepped a foot on the basketball court, the man CAN play, and it's not like you will be playing him 30+ minutes a game. i'm all for choosing veterans over rookies, but i would have taken delfino over ham.

larry brown is an idiot i remember he was crying about the brawl and tried to use that a reason for why his team was not playing so well when the pacers were hurting more badly than them

I was more concerned that Larry wasn't supporting his players. You can't be the coach and condemn your own players, even if they were wrong, which Ben Wallace was.