Bucks Trade In Jeopardy: Bogi Didn’t Agree Go to the Bucks

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

”We struck out on Bogi. Who should we sign instead?”

”How about a 34 year old undersized unathletic point guard who’s not great at defense and a guy whose two most enduring moments are the time he broke a teammate’s face when he punched him at practice and the time the Knicks signed him despite already having five other PFs?”

”Sold!”

Maybe why we kept Ken Catanella around. With all the bad signings vlade gave out, we were able to get out of most if not all easily and don’t recall any blunders as bad as this.
Always assumed Ken was strictly a numbers guy and not a personnel guy and as such his job is likely extremely secure as he seems to be crushing it from a structure standpoint.

With 20.7m in cap space, Atlanta can send a offer sheet for 18m to Bogie 4 yrs and 72m easy.
After that I guess they sign both draft picks after that brings roster to 15:

Goodwin is not guaranteed until 1/10/21
They should release Goodwin, Use his 1.7m Plus 2.7 cap to sign backup C for 4.4m
and then offer sheet to Bogie for 18m

Or keep Goodwin and send offer sheet now

Trae,Rondo,Dunn
Bogie,Snell,Huerter,Mays
Gallo,Hunter,Cam
Collins,Okonwu
Capela ,FA,Bruno

With 20.7m in cap space, Atlanta can send a offer sheet for 18m to Bogie 4 yrs and 72m easy.
After that I guess they sign both draft picks after that brings roster to 15:

Goodwin is not guaranteed until 1/10/21
They should release Goodwin, Use his 1.7m Plus 2.7 cap to sign backup C for 4.4m
and then offer sheet to Bogie for 18m

Or keep Goodwin and send offer sheet now

Trae,Rondo,Dunn
Bogie,Snell,Huerter,Mays
Gallo,Hunter,Cam
Collins,Okonwu
Capela ,FA,Bruno
Seems too crowded in all honesty. I am assuming they want to give more time to Hunter and Cam than to Bogie. Cam was quite solid to end the year.

Seems too crowded in all honesty. I am assuming they want to give more time to Hunter and Cam than to Bogie. Cam was quite solid to end the year.
It they sign Bogi it will be to play him and have him as a secondary ball handler. I don’t see how they find time for Collins, Gallo, Reddish, Hunter, Huerter, and Bogi at the 2-4 spots. Not to mention any time for Dunn or Okongwu.

it’s why I think a S&T is a win win for all involved.

They wont sign Bogie at 18m and not start him
without FA you switch Okonwu to Center
14 players, Mays and Bruno wont play
Trae, (Rondo or Dunn for D)
Bogi (Huerter or Snell for D)
Gallo, Hunter
Collins, Cam
Capela, Okonwu

Great starting 5, deep second team with options for defense

Gallo, Hunter
Collins, Cam
Capela, Okonwu

most coaches don’t go deeper than a 9 man rotation. Who isn’t getting time in your lineup?

Gallo, Hunter
Collins, Cam
Capela, Okonwu

Yeah... that would be foolish of ATL to sign him for that much, then put him on the bench. Bogi would not be happy.

Kinda like what the Kings did to Buddy....

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/kings/source-kings-bogdan-bogdanovic-drawing-interest-pacers-hawks

Ohhhh my goooodness yes. This would be close to an ideal outcome for both teams honestly with a Bogi for Turner swap. They'd make the same exact money (18 mil), Turner is absolutely ideal next to Bagley as an athletic rim protector who can space. He fits perfectly into the age curve of a developing team.

For the Pacers, they balance out their roster; get to play TJ Warren full-time at PF where he went beserk in the bubble and have their protection against Oladipo leaving next off-season.

Last edited:

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/kings/source-kings-bogdan-bogdanovic-drawing-interest-pacers-hawks

Ohhhh my goooodness yes. This would be close to an ideal outcome for both teams honestly with a Bogi for Turner swap. They'd make the same exact money (18 mil), Turner is absolutely ideal next to Bagley as an athletic rim protector who can space. He fits perfectly into the age curve of a developing team.

For the Pacers, they balance out their roster; get to play TJ Warren full-time at PF where he went beserk in the bubble and have their protection against Oladipo leaving next off-season.
While it probably would absolutely crater any hopes of Crashing for Cade, Turner is such a natural fit for this roster that you would almost have to make this trade on principle.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
If we’re getting Turner back I don’t care who we send as long as it isn’t Fox/Bagley. Holmes is just another guy to be honest
Holmes is probably more than just a guy but Harrell turning into pure doodoo during the bubble sorta shows the problem with relying on a pure energy guy to play major minutes during meaningful basketball.

Although Holmes being a way better defender than Trez probably makes things less of a disaster.

Last edited:
Holmes is probably more than just a guy but Harrell turning into pure doodoo during the bubble sorta shows the problem with relying on a pure energy guy to play major minutes during meaningful basketball.
Holmes is a guy I’m not flinching to trade wouldn’t even think twice, we’d be getting an all nba defender who shoots.

this would be the best outcome possible I would throw in Bjlecia or holmes if they wanted it. Getting Turner would be a slam dunk move

While it probably would absolutely crater any hopes of Crashing for Cade, Turner is such a natural fit for this roster that you would almost have to make this trade on principle.
Wouldn't care in the slightest.
Being unable to complete the Bucks trade but then possibly seeing Bogi for Myles as an option is the NBA equivalent of dropping a dollar and accidentally finding a twenty dollar bill while looking for it.
Kings deserve some good karma for once.... right?? Right???

I'd send lotto protected picks in 21 and 22 and top 10 in 23 - not a fan of that kinda junk but no way would we give up a 21 or 22 without protections.
3 first round picks??? Bogi and Turner in terms of player talent/value is pretty similar. We probably need to add, but I think we can that adding a Holmes or Bjelica for their junk. If you're adding picks, add from our chest of 2nds