Do they have cap before they sign AD?

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
can we propose S&T deals with Lakers without a tampering charge?:rolleyes:

Kuzma is only 3.6 mil?
Double sign & Trade?
Do they have cap before they sign AD?
There's a cap hold on AD, so it doesn't appear they have any cap room. Even if the player options all got declined and they rescinded all the other free agent cap holds, they'd still be at $100M, so only about $9M in cap space. That's not enough.

Worse, they don't have any first round picks available to send until 2027. And they don't really have any super interesting players to offer. I mean, would you take Danny Green + Kuzma for a 2022 pick swap, a 2026 pick swap, and a 2027 unprotected? That just seems like the best offer available, and it's not all that. Those picks are probably mid-20s picks across the board.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
There's a cap hold on AD, so it doesn't appear they have any cap room. Even if the player options all got declined and they rescinded all the other free agent cap holds, they'd still be at $100M, so only about $9M in cap space. That's not enough.

Worse, they don't have any first round picks available to send until 2027. And they don't really have any super interesting players to offer. I mean, would you take Danny Green + Kuzma for a 2022 pick swap, a 2026 pick swap, and a 2027 unprotected? That just seems like the best offer available, and it's not all that. Those picks are probably mid-20s picks across the board.
They already traded Green

I'm fine keeping Bogdan for $12-13 mil with the idea of moving him down the road for value.

However, I'm sure Atlanta would offer more than $12-13 mil per year so then you have a dilemma on your hands.