Bogdan for our pick

Would you trade Bogdan to get our pick back from Boston?

• Total voters

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
His/Her reason for not wanting to do the trade was "because you have no guarantees at all what that pick will become."

This should never be a reason for turning down a trade as I illustrated with my reference to trading him for the #1 overall pick. It's all about risk. Is the risk of the player being worse worth the risk of the player being better than Bogdan. The black & white approach referenced above is not how the real world operates.

It's a perfectly legitimate question to ask someone who says I will not trade Bogdan for a top 5/top 10 pick "because you have no guarantees at all what that pick will become." The same exact "reason" can be stated for why one wouldn't trade Bogdan for the #1 overall. Technically, the #1 overall pick is not a guarantee therefore we should not trade Bogdan for said pick. As you can see, this logic is weak at best, and it's why I attacked it.
I'm sorry but your logic makes no sense whatsoever. You're now saying that considering a trade of a good player for a top 5/10 pick is the same as considering a trade of that same player for a #1 pick?

If that's true, than why not just trade every player ever year to somebody for any draft pick? I'm gonna leave it to others to continue. My eyes have rolled so far back in my head I cannot see my screen. :)

If Bogdan was just a shooter I could understand trading him. But because of his all around ability and especially his playmaking he is the type of player that is hard to find.

For me I would need a top 3 pick in a good draft to trade Bogdan. Even then I would want those three potential players to be "can't miss" types.

Anybody willing to trade Bogdan Bogdanović after 1 season is being short sighted IMO. We've not come close to seeing the best he has to offer. I'm expecting a spike in his play in years 2 and 3. This year was all about adjusting to a new lifestyle in the USA and a new style of play in the NBA. Hell, he even admitted that he had a bit of a tough time adjusting to the grip and feel a different basketball.

Additionally, the current state of the Kings -- who are in development with young, green players -- made it harder for him to shine. Also factor in the length of time he's been playing competitive basketball in europe then here in the USA and it became clear he was worn down. His jump shot wasn't going in as consistently as it usually does. He had dead, tired legs.

While I know that he'll be in he gym working on his game and with his teammates all Summer, I firmly believe the break in playing competitive games over in Europe will go along way toward rejuvenating his game next season. That, along with an off-season of film study and knowing how defenses are playing him should boost his production.

The best examples of successful players coming from outside the NBA are Manu Ginobli, Drazen Pretrovic and Sarunas Marciulionis. All three stared hitting their stride in their 3rd seasons. All three started their NBA careers at the age of 25.
This is false he the Bogdan we saw this year is his ceiling, that’s what I’ve been told

This is false he the Bogdan we saw this year is his ceiling, that’s what I’ve been told
I know you are being sarcastic, but I agree it was always a false point of view. Pretrovic averaged 7.6 pts as a rookie, 10.2 pts in year 2, 20.6 pts in year 3 and 22.3 pts in year 4. It is a shame he died so young.

Marciulionis averaged 12.1 pts as a rookie, 10.9 pts in year 2, 18.9 pts in year 3 and 17.4 pts in year 4. Unfortunately the rest of his career was riddled with injury.

Ginobili averaged 7.6 pts as a rookie, 12.8 pts in year 2, 16 pts in year 3 and 15.1 in year 4. His best season was his 6th at 19.5 pts.