"Blackout" news for DishNetwork subscribers

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
6th - I cannot believe the idiocy of the NBA blackout policy.

As far as the situation of people in the northern California area goes, tt seems they are uploading the information in zip code order. I have friends in Brownsville (95919) who ARE able to watch the game. Unfortunately for me, my zip code is 95981. It may be 2005 before they get this straightened out!!

Odder still is my neighbor. He's in the same zip code as I am and has the exact same Dish package I do. Where 409 has been on my guide since Saturday, it doesn't show up on his guide and he's done the exact same things I have.

I think it's a conspiracy and if I find out who's behind it, heads are gonna roll!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Apparently, Dish expects to have Comcast Sports Net Chicago signed by the end of this week. Not that it matters since I don't normally watch the Bulls. But, if I need it for the next Kings/Bulls game, I should be okay.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Ohhhhhhh, that's right. The deal has been signed, I believe - but not finalized. That's what "my source" told me just before the deal was signed for Comcast Sports Net West...

Just think. Someday we'll look back on this and laugh...

NOT!

;)

R

R1LOVER

You could always switch to Directv............. Not one glitch so far....

Now all I have to do is cancel my Comcast that I just had installed along side my Directv.

Although I may keep it - I was told as of Dec24th all games with comcast will be in HDTV... I wonder if they will also have the HDTV available to Directv??

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
R1LOVER said:
You could always switch to Directv............. Not one glitch so far....

Now all I have to do is cancel my Comcast that I just had installed along side my Directv.

Although I may keep it - I was told as of Dec24th all games with comcast will be in HDTV... I wonder if they will also have the HDTV available to Directv??
I cannot get Sacramento local channels up here with DirecTV. I'd miss the games on News10.

;)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Hmmmmm. I just checked their website and apparently I could now get locals with DirecTV. Recent development, I presume...not that it matters really.

Bottom line is I'm old, resistant to change and usually very happy with my DishNetwork service. I would hate to have to learn a whole new set of channel numbers.

Besides, I've now developed a kind of Stockholm syndrome relationship with EchoStar/DishNetwork. I would probably find it impossible to leave them.

;)

Here we go. I work for DIRECTV and the info that I can give you is that Comcast Sports West is carried by DIRECTV at, as you know channel 656. This channel is included in it's base package Total Choice (of course if you live in Sacramento Regional sports network RSN), which is $36.99/month without locals.

To find out if you live in an area that is going to show games carried by Comcast go to this link http://www.directvsports.com/asp/active/RSN_Info.asp and type in your zip code. If Kings are NOT listed as your team, then subscibe to NBA LP, if they are, your are in luck.
With Total Choice with locals ($39.99) and up you will get all the games (TNT, Comcast, ESPN, ABC). However, if the game is shown on NBATV, you will need to subscribe to Sports pack ($12/month) which includes this package. If that's a bit pricy, call and ask for 6 month Sports pack special (if you know what I mean).

I doubt that Dish Network has different blackout restrictions on their local RSN, so I guess, if you are a Dish subscriber, the link above would also be of help.

GO KINGS!

"Pedja Srbine Srbija je uz tebe"

oups, if the link says FS Bay Area, dont worry, it hasn't been updated yet. The teams listed ARE your local teams and should NOT be blacked out on your local RSN

Dang! Too bad! I believe I have to pay for the $90 premium package to get CSNWS.
LOCAL REGIONAL SPORTS
NETWORK INFORMATION

The 93940 ZIP Code is in the home team territory for the following pro team(s):

# Golden State Warriors
# Oakland Athletics
# San Francisco Giants
# San Jose Earthquakes
# San Jose Sharks

I am really pleased with DirecTV. I am paying less to see all the Kings games now than what I paid with Total Choice and NBALP last year. DirecTV added the Comcast Sports (Kings) service without raising my fees. I suspect that the move was not necessary altruistic on their part. When Comcast cut the deal with Maloof Sports, I was a heartbeat from switching to Comcast just to get the Kings games. As it stands, the price to see what I see on DirecTV is about what the cost would be for similar Comcast service. I stayed put.

Whereas, DirecTV agents, probably based in Mississippi and Bhopal, India, have had little or no information on what was happening with the Comcast/Kings/DirecTV situation in northern California, they have been polite. Plus, most importantly, DirecTV did exactly what their press release said they would do on NBA.com. Wow, an entity that does what they say they will do. It must be catching.

Bricklayer said:
Not only might you be a redneck, I think you may be living in redneck heaven. ;)
I've been to redneck heaven -- its Alliance, Nebraska. Home of Carhenge.

According to the helpfull sign at Carhenge (aka, an empty field), interseting things can happen when people have farming equipment, inoperable vehicles, pictures of Stonehenge, and lots of time on their hands.

Truly a beautiful sight.

GoGoGadget said:
I've been to redneck heaven -- its Alliance, Nebraska. Home of Carhenge.

According to the helpfull sign at Carhenge (aka, an empty field), interseting things can happen when people have farming equipment, inoperable vehicles, pictures of Stonehenge, and lots of time on their hands.

Truly a beautiful sight.
lol.... I saw a story on that several years ago.....

firaun said:
Here we go. I work for DIRECTV and the info that I can give you is that Comcast Sports West is carried by DIRECTV at, as you know channel 656. This channel is included in it's base package Total Choice (of course if you live in Sacramento Regional sports network RSN), which is $36.99/month without locals.

To find out if you live in an area that is going to show games carried by Comcast go to this link http://www.directvsports.com/asp/active/RSN_Info.asp and type in your zip code. If Kings are NOT listed as your team, then subscibe to NBA LP, if they are, your are in luck.
With Total Choice with locals ($39.99) and up you will get all the games (TNT, Comcast, ESPN, ABC). However, if the game is shown on NBATV, you will need to subscribe to Sports pack ($12/month) which includes this package. If that's a bit pricy, call and ask for 6 month Sports pack special (if you know what I mean).
OK THEN I HAVE A HUGE PROBLEM THEN. I live in 95828. That is smack dab in the middle of South Sacramento. I spoke with Direct TV on Tuesday, and they said, the only way that I was going to get Channel 656, was that I had to pick up the the Sports Package at $12. Because my RSN is Fox Sports Bay Area. They said at DTV, that the only way a deal was struck at Comcast, was to past the cost over to the consumer. Now I am paying $12.00 per month extra for something I should be getting in my basic package.

WTH!!!!!!

Please help me Direct TV employee.