BLACK FALCON

Matt George should know better. Here is the sound of the largest Falcon species…..

Here is the sound of the crow……

I think Barnes nickname is Black Falcon not Black Crow. These Caw posts sound like a bunch of Big City Laker fans.

We are all waiting to hear your rendition of a Falcon’s call. A sound bite would be preferred but written form is acceptable :D

I have liked Barnes since he was a rookie and went to Golden State when we had a chance to draft him. He is a complete player on both sides of the ball. I agree that he is getting more chances. The talent has always been there. He is long and plays under control. He makes good decisions. His defense is under rated. Rebounding has been his only area where he is average. It was upsetting to here people complain about him last year.

we have all been preaching for a guy that can play up to Fox’s level in scoring and we’ll be a way better team. Looks like Barnes is that guy. Now we need Fox to play like last year and this team will be solid
Well, we can't expect him to keep up the 52% from 3 and 10 boards per. Or even the 17.5 FGA per game. Nor do I necessarily want him to keep up the latter. Not with Fox, Buddy, and other guys to keep involved. But my biggest worry, again, is the 37.3 mpg, which is MASSIVE, but not far off the 36.2 mpg HB managed last year.

That's ridiculous. It's simply unsustainable. Especially when Luke plays him entire quarters at a time, which has happened several times already. There were a couple stretches last year when he was clearly exhausted. Kings haven't even logged their first back-to-back this year; can you imagine HB trying to sustain those minutes and his current level of play in back-to-backs?

Would love to see HB cut back to ~34 mpg. Playing 70% of the time at the 4, I think 20/8/4 would be a nice/doable line for him at ~15 fga/game (which would be a big bump up from his Sacramento plateau of 11).

I have liked Barnes since he was a rookie and went to Golden State when we had a chance to draft him. He is a complete player on both sides of the ball. I agree that he is getting more chances. The talent has always been there. He is long and plays under control. He makes good decisions. His defense is under rated. Rebounding has been his only area where he is average. It was upsetting to here people complain about him last year.
I think the importance of the bolded bit is really under-appreciated. To say that he's a complete player obviously isn't too say that he's an elite player or even that he does anything in particular at an elite level. But he really is a guy who can fit into any system and set off players, who has no glaring weaknesses that need scheming around, and is utterly unselfish - maybe, truly, to a fault, but awfully helpful in a sport w/five people to a side and only one ball to go around.

As I keep noting, there's a reason - or reasons - why his coaches have seen fit to play him more minutes per game than any other player during each of the last 5 - soon to be 6 - seasons.

Well, we can't expect him to keep up the 52% from 3 and 10 boards per. Or even the 17.5 FGA per game. Nor do I necessarily want him to keep up the latter. Not with Fox, Buddy, and other guys to keep involved. But my biggest worry, again, is the 37.3 mpg, which is MASSIVE, but not far off the 36.2 mpg HB managed last year.

That's ridiculous. It's simply unsustainable. Especially when Luke plays him entire quarters at a time, which has happened several times already. There were a couple stretches last year when he was clearly exhausted. Kings haven't even logged their first back-to-back this year; can you imagine HB trying to sustain those minutes and his current level of play in back-to-backs?

Would love to see HB cut back to ~34 mpg. Playing 70% of the time at the 4, I think 20/8/4 would be a nice/doable line for him at ~15 fga/game (which would be a big bump up from his Sacramento plateau of 11).
Definitely not expecting him to stay hot for sure but the FGA I think is here to stay. He’s gonna be a 20+ PPG guy this season. We haven’t had 2 20PPG scorers at the same time since uhhh not sure lol. Just gotta get rid of Luke man. He’s not the Skywalker we are looking for

Definitely not expecting him to stay hot for sure but the FGA I think is here to stay. He’s gonna be a 20+ PPG guy this season. We haven’t had 2 20PPG scorers at the same time since uhhh not sure lol. Just gotta get rid of Luke man. He’s not the Skywalker we are looking for
I don't think 17.5 FGA is here to stay. Did I mention that he has avg'd only 11 in each year of his stint w/the Kings? That'd be a HUGE jump that would require both that his teammates keep going to him regularly and that he stay with it even when his shots don't fall. (Whereas Fox and Buddy will get up shots regardless, HB won't.) DFox is right at his last season's FGA even though his shooting % is 10 points lower right now.

Anyhoooo... I'd be happy w/15 FGA/game. He'll get to 20 ppg if that happens.

I don't think 17.5 FGA is here to stay. Did I mention that he has avg'd only 11 in each year of his stint w/the Kings? That'd be a HUGE jump that would require both that his teammates keep going to him regularly and that he stay with it even when his shots don't fall. (Whereas Fox and Buddy will get up shots regardless, HB won't.) DFox is right at his last season's FGA even though his shooting % is 10 points lower right now.

Anyhoooo... I'd be happy w/15 FGA/game. He'll get to 20 ppg if that happens.
17.5 is a lot yeah but he’s prolly gonna be around 15 like you said. It kinda sucks that he didn’t take that many shots last season. Might have the difference between making the play in and not

I don't recall who was trying to troll and stir things up after the last game by commenting that Fox wasn't celebrating as much as his teammates after the game winner, and trying to make it into a "something isn't right with Fox" and his mindset, and suggesting he wasn't happy. But he sure looks like a great teammate in this video. Bagley looks happy too. Looks like the guys get along pretty well

I don't recall who was trying to troll and stir things up after the last game by commenting that Fox wasn't celebrating as much as his teammates after the game winner, and trying to make it into a "something isn't right with Fox" and his mindset, and suggesting he wasn't happy. But he sure looks like a great teammate in this video. Bagley looks happy too. Looks like the guys get along pretty well
People got standards I get it but everytime Fox has been banged up he’s always gotten less aggressive. He hasn’t been the same since he got taped up for the Utah game. He does heal fast though so I’m hoping tonight he’s back to going downhill