Bizarro Wide World of Sports Lin Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too, just yesterday they were willing to put away the Lakers using Paul and at least 3 guys that were "injured" today. Why couldn't they have shown us the same courtesy?
The Kings have no one to blame but themselves for dropping down in the draft.

Joeger could had easily "rested" Buddy, Fox, Bogdan, WCS for this meaningless game, but chose to go full force instead.

The Kings are really clueless.

I remember when this forum was full throttle when the team was doing well and now just hand full of fans. Yet here we are , still fans that root for us to pick 7th every year.

The Lakers fans were dead on correct laughing at Kings fans.
It's true, we deserve everything coming to us. Other teams, like the Mavs and Hawks, know when to tank. When they tank, they pull out all stops. That's why they hardly miss the playoffs. Both of those teams will have good picks with good players and will be contending for playoff spots next year. We'll be in the lotto again, crossing our fingers it doesn't jump into the top 3 so we don't have to watch the Celtics get a free top 3 pick.

Next year should be a very weird year indeed. For the sake of this franchise, they better do a helluva lot better because if they don't, and the celtics end up with a top 3 pick, this franchise is gonna go down in friggin flames.

Grant realizing what winning meaningless games was going to do came through a couple weeks ago on his show. Sure felt like the kings fan at Golden 1 felt that reality set in tonight. The kings have really screwed themselves. I mean they have done themselves some serious future damage. This FO is reaping what they have sowed. Their inability to decide on how to handle this rebuild year has completely screwed themselves.
Congratulations.......

Thank god for the 49ers.............

I doubt either Mavs or Hawks are going to be better than Kings next season. We should keep track of all the tankers and see how they do.
Teams like the Lakers, and now Mavs/Hawks are realizing that the 76ers way is the correct way to win now. Tank properly for 2-3 years and then come back to the playoffs for years to come. Meanwhile, the Kings will miss the playoffs again next year and we'll have to watch the pick go to Boston. At least we won against Memphis though!

Next year's predictions

-Zbo comes back a year older and slower and chucks his way to retirement as Joerger doesn't go away from this.

-Our draft pick is a "nice" player but hardly one we can build around. Ayton and/or Doncic are meanwhile crushing it.

-We win less games than this year as the clutch factor experiences a full regression to the mean. Give up a 3rd-5th pick to Boston.

-Vlade and Joerger's jobs are on life support as they fail to establish anything meaningful and instead are locking us into becoming a treadmill team.

Next year's predictions

-Zbo comes back a year older and slower and chucks his way to retirement as Joerger doesn't go away from this.

-Our draft pick is a "nice" player but hardly one we can build around. Ayton and/or Doncic are meanwhile crushing it.

-We win less games than this year as the clutch factor experiences a full regression to the mean. Give up a 3rd-5th pick to Boston.

-Vlade and Joerger's jobs are on life support as they fail to establish anything meaningful and instead are locking us into becoming a treadmill team.
If it means we can fire Vlade and Joerger and FINALLY tank a season, I'm all for it. That will never happen, since the fans will start screaming for blood after another losing season, but one can dream.

Well it kinda sucks not outright having the 6th pick but there's still the coin flip. Also last year if the kings would have lost another game or two they wouldn't have been 8th in the lottery, which was the spot that actually moved up. It's not ideal but it's not a total catastrophe.

I doubt either Mavs or Hawks are going to be better than Kings next season. We should keep track of all the tankers and see how they do.
Remember this draft is a strong draft in the top 5. Danny Ainge put a top 5 protection on the Lakers pick and beyond that wanted ours.

I think Orlando, and the Nets suck next year. We probably have the 5th or 6th worst pick next year. Boston is going to be damm strong with our pick.

I’m gonna laugh when we lose the coin toss with the bulls and that lottery position wins the #1 pick.
The coin toss only decides position if neither moves up into the top 3.

The Kings and Bulls split the 63 combinations for 6th and 43 combinations for 7th for a total of 53 each.

So with tonight's W, the Kings surrendered 10 lottery combinations to the Bulls and gave them a coin flips chance at moving a spot ahead of them if neither beat the odds and land top 3.

If the Bulls do vault into the top 3, it's not necessarily because of the 10 combos they got from the tie. In fact, I'm not sure if they'd ever divulge whether the combo that got them top 3 was one of the 10 the Kings had to share.

Well it kinda sucks not outright having the 6th pick but there's still the coin flip. Also last year if the kings would have lost another game or two they wouldn't have been 8th in the lottery, which was the spot that actually moved up. It's not ideal but it's not a total catastrophe.
8th is still a very real possibility. If we lose the flip 50% chance, and get jumped by another team 20% we are 8th. Carter may well chose to not declare...

Likely you will see these players gone...
Ayton
Doncic
Bagley
Jackson
Bamba
Porter
Mikhal Bridges

How do you feel about drafting another guard as BPA?

8th is still a very real possibility. If we lose the flip 50% chance, and get jumped by another team 20% we are 8th. Carter may well chose to not declare...

Likely you will see these players gone...
Ayton
Doncic
Bagley
Jackson
Bamba
Porter
Mikhal Bridges

How do you feel about drafting another guard as BPA?
If this entire scenario played out, I'd strongly consider Miles Bridges, Kevin Knox or Trae Young. Young doesn't fill a position of need, but shooting with range is always at a premium these days and they could still try to work some kind of deal with another team to balance out their young talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.