Big Brother 5 (fan discussion thread)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Okay, BB5 fans. Where were we?

Let's see.

Will had been evicted from the house and spent a glorious week in the Jury House on the beach. He even picked out spots for Natalie and Adria to occupy in the event they followed him out of BB5.

Meanwhile, back at the house, Natalie and Adria were put on the block by Nakomis. Adria won Veto and took herself off. Nakomis replaced her with Cowboy. Natalie was evicted.

The head-of-household competition was won by Marvin. He stayed true to his word and put Adria and Cowboy up on the block. Adria tried to appeal to Karen's sympathies, and selected her to play veto power for her. Karen did, in fact, win the power of veto but decided not to use it.

Adria was unanimously evicted.

Meanwhile, at the Jury House, Will is shocked, relieved, gratified and amused to see that Natalie was the next person evicted. While he pretends to bury the hatchet, he confides to the camera that he's not ready to forgive and forget.

Back at the house, the head of household competition is a pop quiz about former house guests. Drew wins.

Tonight, we will see the nomination, the power of veto AND another eviction. And we should see Adria arriving at the house. Will surrounded by the evil twins? That's almost another show all by itself!!

The remaining houseguests are: Drew, Diane, Marvin, Cowboy, Nakomis and Karen. I see Drew putting Marvin and Nakomis on the block. If anyone other than those two wins the veto, I don't see them using it. If, however, either of them takes themself off, I think he/she will be replaced by Cowboy.

My guesses for who will actually be evicted are as follows:

Marvin and Nakomis on the block - Marvin goes
Marvin and Cowboy on the block - Cowboy goes
Nakomis and Cowboy on the block - Cowboy goes

C Diddy? Are you here? What are your predictions?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Okay, my predictions were off. Drew put Marvin and Diane on the block. Diane won the power of veto, took herself off, and was replaced by Nakomis. Marvin was evicted unanimously.

There was a lot of pretty hostile stuff between Diane and Drew. I don't think either of them trusts the other any longer, but they're both pretending they do...

The HofH competition featured the famous "What's missing from the house?" game. As usual when it involves knowing what's going on, Nakomis won.

The house now holds Nakomis, Drew, Diane, Cowboy and Karen.

The Jury House now has Will, Natalie, Adria and Marvin.

For the first time I can remember, I think the HGs are getting it right.

I would predict who Nakomis will nominate but someone posted a spoiler, which I was able to see because of the grayish backgrounds in our threads, so I don't think it would be fair of me to predict even though I would have been right... (I deleted the spoiler.)

C Diddy? WHERE ARE YOU???

NOTE: Please, if you do know things that have gone on in the house but haven't been shown on the show yet, don't post them here as spoilers... :D

B

Biggie Hitzzz

I watched the first season of Big Brother and hated it. I quit watching after that. I'm into the other reality shows like Survivor, Amazing Race, and the Apprentice, but never got back into BB until this summer. Because nothing else was on, I started watching BB again. I'm actually enjoying it this season.

*Serbprincess* said:
I think their should be a twist comming...soon... lets hope:D
I am also hoping for another twist... I find it hard to believe that they would be done with all the surprises.....

My guess for next nominations...... Diane and Cowboy..... Actually, I don't know; it is so hard now that there are only few of them left. Not too many people to choose from.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Okay, it's getting down to the really interesting stuff.

Tonight's episode will reveal who Nakomis selected for the block. I'm still thinking there have to be more twists, too!!

Sorry VF21. I'm around. =)

This week is the week when the poo hits the fan, IMO. Nakomis is gonna shake up the house. I actually predicted the Karen veto win last week and the Adria eviction but the site crashed before I could bask in my glory of correct predictions. I'm 3 for 4. I was wrong on the previous week but no one suspected Adria to win the veto and take herself off to leave Natalie hangin' all by herself.

Hmm, for this week....

(Note: I dont watch the show until 8:00pm. Directv doesnt get it at 7pm like Comcast does so I am making a pure speculation prediction here.)

Nakomis will nominate Drew and Diane.

I'm convinced Nakomis will keep to her word and not nominate Cowboy (she only did it before as a pawn). If she nominates Cowboy this week, Karen and Diane would surely vote him out over Drew. This week, if she plays it right, will put her in the most powerful position, with everyone allied with her and only 4 people left. Nominating Diane and Drew is the best move because they have an alliance (however broken it may appear to be) and putting Diane up assures Karen will vote Drew, so no matter what Cowboy votes Drew will be evicted because Nakomis holds the tiebreaking vote. There's my guess for tonight.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
More interesting choices.

Nakomis puts Cowboy and Drew on the block. And she managed to do it in a way that even Cowboy couldn't find fault with. As she said, the rest of the game isn't about who deserves to leave. It's about who is gonna win...

Diane wins the veto, and pretty much has Drew convinced she'll take him off the block AND she and Drew will save Cowboy from eviction. Diane takes Drew off the block, which puts Karen up by default.

Now, the only interesting thing is how will Drew and Diane vote? I think they'll get rid of Karen, because that breaks up the alliance with Nakomis and leaves them with a 3-1 control.

This has to be one of the best finishes to any of the shows. Two more weeks...

Man I didn't see that one coming. Well, I was a little off on my prediction. Diane has to realize that making it to the final two by playing like that will not get you many votes. You can't backstab your friends like that. Karen will go this week and thats a vote against Diane. Did she not learn anything from watching Danielle two seasons ago? Backstabbing people to get to the final two doesn't get you many votes. I honestly wasn't expecting Diane to become a turncoat. At this point in the game, it seems all bets are off. People are going to do anything and everything to get to the final 2.

I hope Diane enjoys her 50k, because if she makes it to the final 2 regardless of who she takes with her, she won't win anything more then that.

Edit: Grammar and punctuation.

Last edited:
That certainly was the good plan they had last night. Unfortunatelly, Nakomis and Karen are done now, because those other 3 have taken over (well, Diane to be exact). Cowboy is just along for the ride.........

I am really anxious about the next 2 weeks

I feel bad for Karen. She is screwed. Oh I'm sure Diane will run around the house telling everyone she doesn't know how she will vote or I'm not voting against you or whatever, but when it comes down to it, Karen is screwed.

Going into final 4: Drew, Diane, Nakomis, Cowboy. Nakomis can't win HOH again and so she's in a world of hurt this week. I bet that Diane wins it and nominates Cowboy and Nakomis, with Drew voting out Nakomis. I'm not sure if they are doing a veto this week or not, I don't think the numbers work out because of the "Golden Veto" rules, but who knows. Any thoughts, VF21?

:p

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm loving this...

So, Drew will vote to evict Karen. That's pretty much obvious. I don't know about Diane, however. If she votes to evict Karen, then she runs the risk that IF Cowboy finally wins HoH, then he and Nakomis could end up going to the final two. I think Nakomis might be able to convince him of that, especially if she stresses that him siding with Drew and Diane makes him the third wheel.

All the combinations left have possibilities and I imagine the off-screen politics being played in the house right now has been intense.

Diane is in a real tough spot right now... In fact, I'm thinking unless she gets the next HoH, she'll be the next one out...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
OKay, it's down to the real nitty gritty.

We have three people left - Diane, Drew and Cowboy. They're standing on posts, holding on to keys. On occasion, the ground shakes (it is LA, after all) in imitation of earthquakes... Who will outlast the other two?

Let's see the possibilities, at least IMHO:

Cowboy wins. He takes Drew with him to the finals. Cowboy wins.

Diane wins. She takes Drew to the finals. Drew wins.

Drew wins. He takes Diane to the finals. Drew wins.

Now, what are the chances of each person winning this final challenge? I think Cowboy is the least likely to last the longest because he is a klutz. I suspect he will, in actuality, be the first one to lose his footing.

In all likelihood (and especially since Diane apparently has to go to the bathroom), Drew will outlast both of his competitors.

I think this year's BB5 winner is going to be Drew.

I think Drew and Diane's chances are pretty slim. They have to Drew would have to take Diane to win and Diane can't win at all. If Cowboy is up against either of those two he would win. I don't think Cowboy is gonna win the earthquake/key challenge but don't forget that the final HOH is always a 3-parter. The two losers of the earthquake comp will compete and the winner will face the earthquake comp winner in the final showdown, so to speak. While I hate to say this, I predict Cowboy will win the whole thing.

Diane's a sitting duck. She doesn't realize that she really doesn't have a chance.

Sad that The Amazing Race is ending too. Did you know that it's the top-rated reality show?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Whoa. And Diane is shot down in flames by her "boyfriend." Probably one of the dumbest decisions ever made by the final HoH in the history of the game.

I think you're right, C Diddy. I think it's all over but the "yahoos!!"

;)