Bagley @ the 5 or bust.

Bagley can spread the floor. If he can't his career is not going anywhere. Players are defined in the NBA by where they can play defense. Bagley can't defend a lot of centers or PFs either.

Holmes is a guy that I want on the floor. I don't care if he doesn't spread the floor. He is a good foul shooter and can start making shots out to 15 feet.

The future of the Kings has been in doubt for more than decade. One number two pick is not likely to change their chances that much. Problems with the Kings go way beyond Bagley's injuries and what position he needs to play. The future is not that great no matter where he plays.
Sure we are all hopeful he can and this year he in limited time has shot free throws at 80%

but what part of an 18.2% 3 point percentage indicates he currently can??

Bagley at the 4
Holmes at the 5
That's a horrible frontline for the offense, as it allows no floor spacing or ball movement.

The sad part about Bagley is he's a man without a role on a team that is most successful without him in his ideal position. He just doesn't fit the space and pace free flowing offense, and that happens to be where this current roster excels.

That's a horrible frontline for the offense, as it allows no floor spacing or ball movement.

The sad part about Bagley is he's a man without a role on a team that is most successful without him in his ideal position. He just doesn't fit the space and pace free flowing offense, and that happens to be where this current roster excels.
It really only makes sense if the vision for him was some sort of KD-lite. There's just no sense to having a post player who can't shoot in today's NBA, and especially so with a PG who is looking to drive and isn't much of an outside threat

To be honest, we don’t need to make a decision on this just yet. Nobody is holding a gun to our heads and say “choose.” Let’s see where his development takes him before deciding what he is and isn’t.

1. If he becomes a player who can play C and anchor a defense, Bjelica is a great complement.
  2. If he ends up becoming a great perimeter threat but struggles defensively, Holmes could end up being a good complement.
  3. If he neither improves his defense or shooting, we’re likely looking at a guy that we shouldn’t be building around anyways.

Bagley paired with a non shooting big takes so much away from Bagley offensively. Bagley as a pick n roll screener would be worse if there were already another big clogging the lane. Same with his post ups. Playing with a non shooting big would somewhat demote him to a floor spacer. Hes not good at it so it would decrease the overall offensive efficency compared to having a guy like Bjelica spacing the floor. This is the exact reason why we overpaid for a guy like Dedmon. Bagley needs a floor spacing center next to him in order for him to be fully utilized.
Drafting a guy with a high pick that is so limited and requires a unicorn big man next to him that can both shoot threes and defend the interior was such a poor decision and so easily foreseen it's embarrassing. In my opinion it's not even worth going through all this effort to fit a square peg into a round hole. The juice is not worth the squeeze as the potential of this core is so limited. If it were me I would cut bait and start over rather than slowly peeling off this band-aid.

Drafting a guy with a high pick that is so limited and requires a unicorn big man next to him that can both shoot threes and defend the interior was such a poor decision and so easily foreseen it's embarrassing. In my opinion it's not even worth going through all this effort to fit a square peg into a round hole. The juice is not worth the squeeze as the potential of this core is so limited. If it were me I would cut bait and start over rather than slowly peeling off this band-aid.
I talked about this before I ever even saw him on the court in a Kings uni. It was obvious that he would need the unicorn big man from the start unless he developed a handful of skills that he didn't even have.

It's gotten even worse since then because he hasn't even gotten good at the things he was supposed to be really good at.

I'm either in the minority or the silent majority but I'm really glad we have Bagley on this team. I look forward to seeing him play next year and hopefully for years beyond.