At least we always have the moral high ground! (2022-2023 L2M Report Thread)

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
I'd really love an explanation of why Steph got to keep his 3 pointer other than we didn't want to upset the home crowd.
As the rule is written, he initiated the contact with his leg which should have made it an offensive foul. But despite repeated promises to make this a "point of emphasis", I still haven't seen it called that much other than a few times in quick succession once in a blue moon to make a point. What point they're trying to make by writing a rule, announcing that it is now a rule, and then ignoring it 99% of the time is beyond me though.

As the rule is written, he initiated the contact with his leg which should have made it an offensive foul. But despite repeated promises to make this a "point of emphasis", I still haven't seen it called that much other than a few times in quick succession once in a blue moon to make a point. What point they're trying to make by writing a rule, announcing that it is now a rule, and then ignoring it 99% of the time is beyond me though.
DIdn't we just casually chat about palming the ball on the other thread?

Things like these are why I'm so done with the league.

It's one thing to ignore it in the run of play, but when you call the foul and then it is caught on a replay challenge leaving no choice but to reverse it, what are they just claiming he kicked the air now?

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
It's basically the same thing in both situations I guess. David Stern built the NBA into a global brand by putting star players front and center and Adam Silver is his protégé so that remains the business model. Jordan Poole can't palm because that's against the rules but Ja Morant is inhuman so he defies physics and freezes time, he doesn't break the rules. Steph doesn't commit fouls on his jump shots, he delights the world. Part of the reason Steph is such a cocky dude now is because he knows the league office has his back. He tried it a few times 10 years ago, posing after shots and playing to the crowd, and people ate it up so he turned it up a few notches bit by bit and eventually we end up with a play like that one today where he breaks a rule, gloats about it, the Kings initiate an official review, and his rule-breaking is still ignored. It's tacit approval.

Maybe this is off-topic, but that's something I always loved about DeMarcus Cousins. That guy saw this happening around him and he never accepted it without a fight. That was to his detriment ultimately, but I couldn't fault him for being so passionate because that's how I would have felt out there too.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
It's basically the same thing in both situations I guess. David Stern built the NBA into a global brand by putting star players front and center and Adam Silver is his protégé so that remains the business model. Jordan Poole can't palm because that's against the rules but Ja Morant is inhuman so he defies physics and freezes time, he doesn't break the rules. Steph doesn't commit fouls on his jump shots, he delights the world. Part of the reason Steph is such a cocky dude now is because he knows the league office has his back. He tried it a few times 10 years ago, posing after shots and playing to the crowd, and people ate it up so he turned it up a few notches bit by bit and eventually we end up with a play like that one today where he breaks a rule, gloats about it, the Kings initiate an official review, and his rule-breaking is still ignored. It's tacit approval.

Maybe this is off-topic, but that's something I always loved about DeMarcus Cousins. That guy saw this happening around him and he never accepted it without a fight. That was to his detriment ultimately, but I couldn't fault him for being so passionate because that's how I would have felt out there too.

Until this team learns to stop choking the game away after the 2 minute mark, we have no chance to ever make the playoffs. Our star players have to stop taking this crap and dish it out.

I'm not quite sure, at this point, which will make me feel the most depressed at the end of the season: Our overall record, or the L2M (all of them)...

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
oh hey, there was a travel we didn't know about in our shortlist either.

I wish I had just given up in 2002. But I'm still here.
So not only did Huerter get fouled so that we should have had three FTs to tie, but before that at 16.6 Curry traveled, so it should have been Kings ball down 1 with a chance to take the lead. Ah, not like that might have made any difference. Carry on, NBA!

So not only did Huerter get fouled so that we should have had three FTs to tie, but before that at 16.6 Curry traveled, so it should have been Kings ball down 1 with a chance to take the lead. Ah, not like that might have made any difference. Carry on, NBA!
The NBA must be like, "Well, they're the Kings, and they're used to this stuff; Just keep on piling it on 'em"

sadly a lot of us aren't
There were times during which I thought I would, too, be one of those who are not still roaming around. But I eventually asked myself one simple question...

"Well, I've been here for this long to begin with...What exactly do I gain by leaving NOW? And will that gain be greater than what the gain will be once we finally figure this thing out, and turn the ship back around?"

That simple question sealed my fate for eternity. I will be a Kings fan until the day I die. And maybe even beyond.

There were times during which I thought I would, too, be one of those who are not still roaming around. But I eventually asked myself one simple question...

"Well, I've been here for this long to begin with...What exactly do I gain by leaving NOW? And will that gain be greater than what the gain will be once we finally figure this thing out, and turn the ship back around?"

That simple question sealed my fate for eternity. I will be a Kings fan until the day I die. And maybe even beyond.
it's the TID ones that didn't make it which have me bummed more than the ones that just moved on.

This team has had some winnable games. But we don't beat anyone with any authority. We barely beat one of the worst teams in the league in overtime after choking twice. We had to win it with a miracle half court shot. Why complain about the refs. The bad calls come and go.

We could be 5-3 instead of 3-5 merely because of corrections made in the last week to the last two minute report. It's not hard to believe that the calls they miss elsewhere in the game helped us to the point. There's enough data showing that we've been consistently screwed and lost 10 games alone last year in the L2M on blown calls.

But you're right, it doesn't matter.

ok but rt: how on earth are we supposed to change the narrative that we're a loser who doesn't deserve calls if the reason we are losers is because we keep getting the short end of the stick. This team is playing different and you're either not watching or don't care. It sucks because if we keep getting screwed long enough they'll revert back to not giving a lick because why bother?

It sucks dude.

Beat teams by 20 or 30 points if you have to. Every game goes to the wire. So far we can't win most of those. And play better defense. The Warriors swarmed us on D at the end of the game. That is why they won.

I dunno, what's your mental health worth to you?
16 years of not seeing playoff basketball may have already done the amount of damage required for me to no longer feel any sense of pain. As a matter of fact, and most likely, somewhere around the 5-10 year range may have done the amount of damage required...

My body's most likely just numb at this point.