Ariza....why is he so bad?

He hasn't been good for quite a while now. He was the FA signing I disliked the most, by far.

Unfortunately we had a lot of fans here completely deluded about what he can still offer, including some good posters who really should know better. It wasn't a good signing at the time and it's looking even worse now. He's not good enough to get any meaningful minutes on a decent team, which we are not at the moment.

He doesnt seem to have much explosiveness left in him. He looks like he could possibly turn it up in a playoff series for a 20minute stretch per game as a semi switchable wing that can hit some shots but in a regular season he doesnt appear to be very usefull.

He was bad last year, and 34 year olds with multiple long playoff runs don't typically bounce back unless they're Lebron.
I doubt he had many offers approaching what the Kings offered, so it must have been influenced by Luke. Every coach loves bringing in at least one of "their" guys.

It's just one year, but if they were patient maybe they could've eventually taken back a bad contract with a pick. Now they're just stuck with a zero upside bad contract. Shump without the good vibes.

He was bad last year, and 34 year olds with multiple long playoff runs don't typically bounce back unless they're Lebron.
I doubt he had many offers approaching what the Kings offered, so it must have been influenced by Luke. Every coach loves bringing in at least one of "their" guys.

It's just one year, but if they were patient maybe they could've eventually taken back a bad contract with a pick. Now they're just stuck with a zero upside bad contract. Shump without the good vibes.
All of this.

He came here for Luke and it isnt working. It's only 1 year but after 3 games it ain't working.

There are still 79 to go and Houston looked pretty bad after 3 games last year and they righted it. Our problem is we dont have a Harden and DeAaron is afraid to heave 27 footers.

His defense is still decent but his shot looks terrible and he can't drive in the lane without getting the ball slapped away. His play last year for Washington was still at a solid level of play for a backup.

He just doesn't have the team mindset and move the ball. During the Suns game last week he and Fox were on a 2 on 1 fastbreak. Fox gave him the ball around halfway between midcourt and 3pt line and instead of pass back to Fox who had an open lane when the defender closed in on Ariza, he tried to make a contested layup/draw a foul and lost the ball. He just thinks he's better than he is and thinks that since he's a veteran he should be a bigger part of the team than he actually is. Although if Walton keeps playing him this much, I get why that's his mindset...

Money to spend = put to use in a 1 year deal at position of need. Sure a partial.

I'm not really worried about it much as it basically expires.

But it is probably age and miles.
I’m only worried about it if he continues to get minutes. Would rather wee Gabriel get a chance at some minutes or to go small with more playing time for yogi