Are You Ready for a Change at Coach?

Would You Like to See a Coaching Change for the Monarchs

• Yes, Right Now with another coach outside organization

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
http://www.sacbee.com/voisin/story/2019439.html

According to Ailene Voisin:

Whisenant thus has a dilemma, and it would seem, two alternative courses of action. If the inconsistency continues before the season is a total lost cause, he can return to the sideline, reinstate the "white line" defensive principles that formed the identity of his championship squad, and address personnel issues in the offseason. Or he can accept the losses, start preparing for a better-than-usual draft pick, and decide Boucek's fate when her contract expires in September.

"Professional sports is all about wins and losses," Whisenant said. "What happens in the future, we'll just have to see. But we have to play better. That's just the way it is."
Sound off Monarch Fans, it looks like change may be on the horizon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Unless you subscribe to the belief that it's still only a matter of time before Minnesota falls apart without Augustus (which I don't), then there's no point in making a coaching change in the middle of a season that's going to see us fail to make the playoffs, anyway. Fire her in September.

I don't subscribe to the theory that Minnesota will fade, I don't think they're the one teams currently out of a playoff spot are chasing. I think it's a matter, for me, of rolling the dice and thinking about whether or not the Monarchs have a chance of playing in a positive direction before San Antonio or Los Angeles do. Will a .500 record or a shade below get you into the playoffs? It's certainly trending that way.

For me the jury's still out on that. LA not playing well during the time Parker was out didn't make sense to me. How are you below .500 with Thompson, Milton and Leslie as your front court? Harrower had been an upgrade over what they'd been getting in the past.

The bonafides are certainly in the Monarchs' favor - if you subscribe to the theory that their problems have been mainly due to them not having a favorable home schedule thus far. If I saw them playing appreciably better at home than they do on the road, I might bite on that. But I haven't seen that and I'm not sure I see signs of that changing.

I think something's brewing. This story didn't just appear out of thin air even though Voisin seems to pull issues out of her proverbial.... and write stories months in advance and pull out when convenient. I don't understand why she says Whiz' presence is more ominous now unless he's showed up during practices last week.

Not sure if it's related to the coach or a shake up with the roster but I would be absolutely shocked if Monarchs drop either of the two games they have coming up next week and something doesn't happen. Boucek in my mind needs to get wins in both. I'd also watch who does or doesn't get minutes from here on out in the rotations. And for me, it's been the rotations and use of personnel that's been most problematic this season.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Keep in mind that Ailene Voisin is a columnist, not a reporter. She brings up topics for discussion that may or may not actually come to fruition and has, many times, made incredibly big mountains out of wee little molehills. And, IIRC, wasn't she in favor of Whis getting the Kings head coaching spot?

Not sure if it's related to the coach or a shake up with the roster but I would be absolutely shocked if Monarchs drop either of the two games they have coming up next week and something doesn't happen. Boucek in my mind needs to get wins in both. I'd also watch who does or doesn't get minutes from here on out in the rotations. And for me, it's been the rotations and use of personnel that's been most problematic this season.
at Phoenix, vs STORM, vs SHOCK= Bye, Bye Boucek (if what you are saying is the case). I do believe believe they can beat Detroit at home, but Phoenix and Seattle are just better than Sacramento home or away.

Just for fun, here are names that are available:
John Whisnant
Bill Laimbeer (if he does not get a college or NBA head or assistant job)
Anne Donovan
Karleen Thompson
Pokey Chapman
Brian Winters
Trudi Lacey :)eek:.....just kidding)

As far as the rotation, I absolutely agree with that. But I will say that Jenny did drastically shorten her rotation from 11 to 10 last night:D. Paris got all of Kelly's minutes. At this point it seems Jenny is stubbornly wanting to shuffle 11 players in and out regardless. It bothers the life out of me to see Nicole Powell just lighting up the sky with threes only to be dragged to the bench.

Keep in mind that Ailene Voisin is a columnist, not a reporter. She brings up topics for discussion that may or may not actually come to fruition and has, many times, made incredibly big mountains out of wee little molehills. And, IIRC, wasn't she in favor of Whis getting the Kings head coaching spot?
I completely agree with your thought about "Poison", but she may be on to something here. When Whisnant is directly quoted saying "Professional sports is all about wins and losses, What happens in the future, we'll just have to see. But we have to play better. That's just the way it is." To me leaves a lot of room for the imagination.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
You could be right. And the whole thing could actually be a bit of a trail balloon to see what fan reaction is to the hint of Whisenant retaking the reigns.

I completely agree with your thought about "Poison", but she may be on to something here. When Whisnant is directly quoted saying "Professional sports is all about wins and losses, What happens in the future, we'll just have to see. But we have to play better. That's just the way it is." To me leaves a lot of room for the imagination.
Ok, that quote could mean ALOT of different things and can be interpreted many different ways. It may or may not be dealing with a coaching change.

He was directly quoted, yes. But it doesn't say what he was being quoted about, besides obviously the team's future.

I actually brought this up several weeks back. I really don't like the way things are going for the M's. I was frustrated with the inability to coach an offense.

I agree on PR's assessment on several points:
1) Whiz's statements could mean JBoo might get the axe.
2) I cringed everytime JBoo took out a "hot" player last night. It seemed to defy logic how we just yank players who are on a roll and replace them with a player not playing well.

On the other hand, Our players are just not up to the same "offensive" snuff that other teams have. And our roster is a selection of the front office. How much of that is JBoo and how much of that is Whiz is certainly a factor.

By the way, glad to see MBF is back, what happened to the POC updates? miss your hilarious and witty commentaries. :)