Any video gamers around here? (split)

I paid $300 for it, its not a bad piece of technology by any means. The newer CV1 will blow it out of the water when its released! The consumer version will probably be around $250-350 but its going to include the VR headset, built in high quality mic, 3D sound headphones built in, and an input device like a controller made for VR. Not bad when you add it all up.

I can say from experience that its mind blowing playing some of these games in VR. Just looking around and finally understanding the size and scope....vastness of you surrounding and to to be 100% IN THE GAME....its unreal

AAA content will be released by the time the consumer version 1 is released. Currently many games have been modded i guess you could say to work in VR but its a mixed bag of some great some bad.
FPS games that are made specifically for VR will come out very soon but currently ARMA 3 has been ported to work with the oculus rift.

Wow that looks amazing. I'm not a huge tech guy but this is some cool VR gear. Question, do you worry that the market won't be big enough for this? The Industry is starting to boom, but most consumers cant even tell the LG G4 apart from the Moto X.

It wouldn't surprise me if Oculus struggles to meet expectations next year during releases. I know they've partnered up with Facebook, but it'll be interesting to see how this ford on the market. It'll be huge for tech guys, but I don't think it meets the eyes of a reg consumer unless they promo like crazy.

Very amazing! Reminds me of Nintendo's VR lol. Are you planning on getting the new one when it comes out?

Wow that looks amazing. I'm not a huge tech guy but this is some cool VR gear. Question, do you worry that the market won't be big enough for this? The Industry is starting to boom, but most consumers cant even tell the LG G4 apart from the Moto X.

It wouldn't surprise me if Oculus struggles to meet expectations next year during releases. I know they've partnered up with Facebook, but it'll be interesting to see how this ford on the market. It'll be huge for tech guys, but I don't think it meets the eyes of a reg consumer unless they promo like crazy.

Very amazing! Reminds me of Nintendo's VR lol. Are you planning on getting the new one when it comes out?

Yeah man I have been following the Oculus rift for around 4 years now. When it first popped up on the internet you had guys like me who were really amazed by the tech and I thought it would explode and everyone would see how cool this was! Well you had guys like me, which were alot no doubt, but the majority of gamers to my absolute shock were unconvinced and didnt really seem to like it. Now this was mostly due to being uninformed and most would say things like "oh its makes you sick" or when facebook bought it out "oh its gonna be filled with ads" "enjoy candy crush in VR"

Well the reason the original headsets made you sick was due to high persistence. Basically when you turn your head the delay was like .052 second which kinda messed with your brain and distorts you reality. Not unlike riding in a car and reading....your brain is telling you your moving forward and another part is telling you to focus on the reading which is still...end result is motion sickness.
Well they got rid of high persistence and from leaked reports about the new Consumer version people have said its absolutely mind blowing, jaw droppingly amazing lol

Well those people are now finally seeing how cool this is, the market for VR is here already or at least enough for it to survive its infancy until the masses can actually try it out. Now i have been seeing nothing but positive remarks from the gaming community.

Oculus got the party going and now Microsoft is making an Augmented Reality HMD and Sony is making a VR HMD along with Samsung Gear VR and HTC-Valve. I wouldnt worry about it not catching on, when Oculus realsed the DK1 and then the DK2 if you put an order in it would takes months to finally receive it due to orders being backed up so bad.

The current way of playing games, watching movies, sporting events, tv ect is all through a freakin flat screen. You cant go past that besides higher resolution or better audio. VR is the logical next step in entertainment and education! Total immersion!

I am definitely going to be getting myself one! The NBA btw is partnering with Facebook so you can watch NBA games from a 3D-360 degree panorama camera COURT SIDE!

And remember, this is only the beginning.....only going to be seeing better HMD with better resolution, more features and better games.

Yeah man I have been following the Oculus rift for around 4 years now. When it first popped up on the internet you had guys like me who were really amazed by the tech and I thought it would explode and everyone would see how cool this was! Well you had guys like me, which were alot no doubt, but the majority of gamers to my absolute shock were unconvinced and didnt really seem to like it. Now this was mostly due to being uninformed and most would say things like "oh its makes you sick" or when facebook bought it out "oh its gonna be filled with ads" "enjoy candy crush in VR"

Well the reason the original headsets made you sick was due to high persistence. Basically when you turn your head the delay was like .052 second which kinda messed with your brain and distorts you reality. Not unlike riding in a car and reading....your brain is telling you your moving forward and another part is telling you to focus on the reading which is still...end result is motion sickness.
Well they got rid of high persistence and from leaked reports about the new Consumer version people have said its absolutely mind blowing, jaw droppingly amazing lol

Well those people are now finally seeing how cool this is, the market for VR is here already or at least enough for it to survive its infancy until the masses can actually try it out. Now i have been seeing nothing but positive remarks from the gaming community.

Oculus got the party going and now Microsoft is making an Augmented Reality HMD and Sony is making a VR HMD along with Samsung Gear VR and HTC-Valve. I wouldnt worry about it not catching on, when Oculus realsed the DK1 and then the DK2 if you put an order in it would takes months to finally receive it due to orders being backed up so bad.

The current way of playing games, watching movies, sporting events, tv ect is all through a freakin flat screen. You cant go past that besides higher resolution or better audio. VR is the logical next step in entertainment and education! Total immersion!

I am definitely going to be getting myself one! The NBA btw is partnering with Facebook so you can watch NBA games from a 3D-360 degree panorama camera COURT SIDE!

And remember, this is only the beginning.....only going to be seeing better HMD with better resolution, more features and better games.
Wow that's honestly a very terrible delay.. it would be terrible for someone like me who gets motion sickness very easily. ( I think this a personal perk since I have no reason to text and drive.. or multi task while driving). However, a lot of it is really understandable.

I think Oculus will be #1 in the market since they're the first major company to get their product out there before most. Maybe they go as far as making oculus rift a house hold name like Jacuzzi and Klennex.
Have you ever tried the other ones? My friend has personally tried gear VR and he said it was amazing.

I'm excited to see what they bring in a few years. I hope it catches on because this is seriously cool. I hope Oculus does well in the future and it won't be a flop like Google Glass. Sometimes I don't think it's good to release an unfinished product, but it's great to create hype for it. Q1 in 2016 seems like a way to go, but I think they should be ok as long as there are no setbacks.

Do you think the company is aiming this towards the gaming market? This will be very interesting!