Amick on Dumars departure and coaching search

You have to remember, the Kings have like 50 owners all with their own agendas, most who have grown to despise Vivek. It could be coming from anywhere.
If Vivek is actually looking to overrule the FO for the first time in their tenure the leaks could be coming from anywhere. The FO very well may have chosen to keep their powder keg and any issues in house so far, and that may have changed if Vivek is looking at crossing a red line into boning the franchise again

If Vivek is actually looking to overrule the FO for the first time in their tenure the leaks could be coming from anywhere. The FO very well may have chosen to keep their powder keg and any issues in house so far, and that may have changed if Vivek is looking at crossing a red line into boning the franchise again
Only problem: the red lines are set by Vivek.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Middle manager’s primary goal is survival. Less you say, longer you stay.
You keep saying middle manager and yet in the last 30 days the final remaining training wheels of the Vlade regime (Ken C and Dumars) have announced their departures from the organization. While there is surely some reason to worry that this means Vivek is taking full control it's equally if not more likely this actually is a vote of confidence in the McNair/Wilcox regime.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
You keep saying middle manager and yet in the last 30 days the final remaining training wheels of the Vlade regime (Ken C and Dumars) have announced their departures from the organization. While there is surely some reason to worry that this means Vivek is taking full control it's equally if not more likely this actually is a vote of confidence in the McNair/Wilcox regime.
And that's the thing about it all. If Vivek was truly THIS destructive then I think the media uproar from those minority owners attempting to steal the team from day 1, or oust Vivek, would be much bigger than it is. When Vivek has a full pants down moment the the tar and feathers are ready to go. We all know that, lol.

Nah. Their contracts ran out. If you recall, the only reason Walton got another half a year was because the minority owners balked at buying out another contract. Walton finally got fired, because the Kings just sucked so hard it was unavoidable. Cantenella and Dumars' contract ran out. Gentry is staying on, because he has another year on his contract. Notice a theme? Kings are broke. Lolzzz.

So if we are to believe reports:

Joe wanted the Morey Elton Brand situation with Monte and Vivek said no thanks.

all the voices are out of the room and we are left with Vivek, Monte, Wilcox.

Vivek let Monte trade beloved Ty for Sabonis.

and now we are to believe Vivek is going to pull the owner card on Jackson over Brown.

if Mark is the choice and we find out Brown did not turn down the job, oh boy

Last edited:

So you mean to tell me Brown wants to hire his own staff and for us to win games? Where does he think he's applying, any other pro NBA team?
sorry guys, Ham said Brown wants the job so I guess Mike Brown turned us down.
These two quotes run counter to each other: one says Brown will take the job, but wants control in the form of $ for himself, $$ for coaches, and $$$ for players. The other says he wants it bad, which usually means he'll take what's offered without much demands. Something is off.

My take: Kings won't hire him, if he's demanding $, $$, and more $$$. McNair is amongst the lowest paid GMs in the league. The Kings keep dudes on payroll rather than buy them out or fire them.

Usually when Ham reports something I look for who he stole it from.
Hilarious! It's so funny that there are some fans out there who really think he will break some major news. It's been what? 12-13 years of blogging and still hasn't broken a single major news story but still the best in the business at confirming.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Hilarious! It's so funny that there are some fans out there who really think he will break some major news. It's been what? 12-13 years of blogging and still hasn't broken a single major news story but still the best in the business at confirming.
Some people really like him, pointing out he lost his tv job and calling him a hack who just reposts others on reddit brought a few bros to his defense.

Some people really like him, pointing out he lost his tv job and calling him a hack who just reposts others on reddit brought a few bros to his defense.
Losing his TV job was interesting.

Years ago when the previous person who held that position moved on, I was told the blogger was not their first choice to hire. I know of a few who turned down the job because the pay was so low and not worth it along with NBC Sports California really wanting someone to blog more than anything else. The hiring and firing is not done by the Kings.

I'll never forget how the blogger told me on the phone of how bad he wanted Sam's job when he was with S.I. I'm thinking to myself, "How could you say such a thing like that?"

I'll also never forget the time when we went to film Rob Fong, a city council member at the time. All he talked about was how he wanted to host his own Kings pre-game and post-game show on TV. This was when we parked in the garage by the Hyatt and walked over to Fong's office. We drove in seperate cars but that's where we met prior to filming.

I'm thinking to myself of how we are supposed to help keep this team in Sacramento by giving the political cover to the council to vote yes to help fund the arena, the jobs saved and created, revitalize downtown, a second economic engine with Natomas, community benefits, etc. (bigger than basketball) and he's having day dreams of hosting a Kings show that Koz used to do years ago. He was clearly into making a film to help launch his so-called media career.

When I found out he was fired by NBC Sports California, I knew his dream was dead and justice was served. Being on the radio, blogging and selling subscriptions and other stuff isn't going to help pay the big bills and certainly not for retirement. Doubt it provides a good 401k or pension or medical and dental benefits. But hey keep living the dream or chasing that dream I guess.

Since my involvement to help keep the Kings in Sacramento, I have been told things before they even happen. I'm talking before Woj gets a chance to tweet it out. I just don't advertise it online. I have no interest in working in the media or being a reporter or anything like that.

Funny thing is I was once an intern at KHTK.

By the way, when we will see the sequel to the film he was so proud of? :D

Last edited by a moderator: