Alvin Gentry, Clippers former head coach to join the Kings as an assistant.

If Sac can’t get multiple assets for Buddy Hield then keep him. Something tells me that Hield isn’t going anywhere. I also don’t really want Bogi as our starting 2 guard.
I recon we will get several lowball offers in part because Buddy can’t keep quiet. I’d like Atlanta’s 6th but forget about including our 12th in any deal.
Bogdan might be okay as a starting 2 if the rest of our team outside of Fox was any good, but were not so I too recon we need to upgrade that position and he’d need to accept coming off the bench.

Last edited:
i just hope Bogdan is healthy or takes the necessary measures to be sure that he is. Right now, he isn’t consistent enough to be a starter IMO.

If Sac can’t get multiple assets for Buddy Hield then keep him. Something tells me that Hield isn’t going anywhere. I also don’t really want Bogi as our starting 2 guard.
Agree. I cant picture Vivek giving his blessing to any trades for Buddy that dont reward us handsomely. After the way that Vivek basically stalked Buddy at a game when he played for NO, and the fact that we traded Cousins to get him, I just dont think he will get traded.

Bubble Bogi was really good for us. He was basically a superior Buddy Hield.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/bogdabo01/gamelog/2020#202-209-sum:pgl_basic

Problem is that no one trusts him to actually be able to play like that consistently over the course of a season. We all know he's capable of it but for whatever reason he just doesn't put it together from game to game.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/bogdabo01/gamelog/2020#202-209-sum:pgl_basic

Problem is that no one trusts him to actually be able to play like that consistently over the course of a season. We all know he's capable of it but for whatever reason he just doesn't put it together from game to game.
It definitely was interesting how much he outperformed Hield in the bubble. Below is the per36 comparison:

1603219607385.png

Literally better across the board with the exception of Hield scoring at a higher rate (although less efficient). Also interesting to see the AST:TO comparison...

Bogdanovic = 2.92
Hield = 0.89

That's quite drastic.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Yeah, the bubble was a small sample and Hield was god awful. Both SGs are flawed. Hield is being misused by Walton. I wonder if the other players like playing with him as he’s seemingly high maintenance. Bogi on the other hand is a coach killer. One good scintillating game followed by games he plays awful in all aspects.

You mean to tell me that Bogie was unable to play basketball for 4 months, came back refreshed and his performance increased?

I don't distrust him playing that way as much as I distrust this head coach to use him in a way that will see that consistently or anything close to it. Especially if he's expected to play next to Fox. We've seen a few years of both and one bubble showing where the HC made a mockery of things even when they didn't need to doesn't tell the tale. At SG Buddy is the better bet for anyone who knows how to use him and considering how much he's paid and the need to at least build up his trade value again.

Yeah, the bubble was a small sample and Hield was god awful. Both SGs are flawed. Hield is being misused by Walton. I wonder if the other players like playing with him as he’s seemingly high maintenance. Bogi on the other hand is a coach killer. One good scintillating game followed by games he plays awful in all aspects.
And together they could have been interesting. This is why it's so maddening. Usually you have players that are fighting for one spot because they are too similar and not complimentary. That turns into a deep-seated resentment and hatred from a sort internal competition. That was never the case here. In fact, they both really liked eachother. Enough for Buddy to hang out with Bogdan in the offseason on his own accord multiple times. F'n Kangz. Seriously.