AD requests trade

Have to agree with this. If that offer is true, the Lakers offered the kitchen sink. I admire NO for saying no, but they're not going to get a better offer. That is a huge amount to give up for anyone.
If the offer is/was true. In this case that's a huge IF. There's been a good number of contradictory reports. All of the players offered then reports that there was a choice from that list. Communications between the teams contrasting with one-sided talk.

I'm not putting a lot of stock in any of it or at least the accuracy of the reporting.

Ball (1st round pick)
Ingram (1st round pick)
Kuzma (Late 1st round)
+
First round pick (top 10 protection)
First round pick (top 10 protection)
+
Solo Hill cap space

Ball
Holiday
Ingram
Randle
Okafor

Kuzma super 6th man off the bench.
Zubac off the bench + others

That's a good start to me, plus the picks.
That lineup gets you maybe 10th in the West? Who wins if that lineup played 10 games against the current New Orleans squad? Maybe 5-5 or 4-6 either way? Doesn't really move the needle for New Orleans, but AD moves the needle a lot for the Lakers (at least in the short run).

If the Lakers in fact offered this, it's outrageous. Even for Anthony Davis, that's a huge overpay. Two picks, two guys drafted at #2 within the last three years, Kuzma, Zubac, Hart...AND salary relief? Basically, if the Pelicans turned that offer down and I'm the Lakers, that offer NEVER gets back on the table. Not even close. My offer at this point drops to Kuzma, Ingram, one pick, and no salary relief. Passing on this double-Godfather deal is, to me, dealing in bad faith. To the point that I would probably never call the current Pelicans FO on a trade call again, and may not answer the phone if they called.
Couldn't access the article, but the trade scenarios I have read do not include either Zubac or Hart. Even if they do, the Pelicans can't take on 5 new guys, unless they want to become Lakers 2017-18 South.

The Pelicans let Demps go two years after he traded for Cousins. Who would have thought things would have worked out this way? I do have to give Demps a thumbs up for standing tall when faced with Lebron, Rich Paul, Magic and the Lakers organization pressing him to trade AD to them.

Apparently management was pissed about AD getting injured during the game. They insist it had nothing to do with the whole Lakers debacle.

I don't really understand it though because New Orleans was forced to pay AD or get fined every game so not sure what Demps was supposed to do. Maybe they're angry he wasn't able to get a deal done with someone else before the deadline.

Apparently management was pissed about AD getting injured during the game. They insist it had nothing to do with the whole Lakers debacle.

I don't really understand it though because New Orleans was forced to pay AD or get fined every game so not sure what Demps was supposed to do. Maybe they're angry he wasn't able to get a deal done with someone else before the deadline.
All indicators pointed to Demps being on his way out anyway for purely results based reasons. Pelicans are stagnant with or without AD and didn’t have much cap flexibility or draft position to improve on the core he built. The Cousins trade and Buddy’s ascent has got to be part of that as well.

Reports were that Mickey Loomis and other NOP higher ups had taken a more hands on role since the Lakers started tampering.

I don’t think they permitted Demps to explore AD trades especially when the other best suitor was unable to make a play for him. The only goal was to stick it to the Lakers. They knew going in that AD wasn’t getting traded this season. Whatever trade they make involving AD should belong to a new GM and not a lame duck as Demps was considered even before AD requested a trade. I think they let him move some pieces like Mirotic around and other smaller manuevers and now they have absolutely no use for him. Get a new guy in there to evaluate and get a head start on rebuilding. Gentry is next.

Last edited:
I've heard chatter that they want to rebuild around Jrue Holiday. But that's a strange idea to me. He turns 29 in a few months, and by the time the Pels will be able to put together another competitive team, he'll probably be much older and in decline.

Whatever happens, one thing is sure - the franchise is in pretty bad condition. The lone bright spot right now is Jahlil Okafor of all people.

Don’t let Lebron win once AD is traded to Boston/NYK Lebron and LA will be left with nothing. And that’s what those tampering fools deserve

Don’t let Lebron win once AD is traded to Boston/NYK Lebron and LA will be left with nothing. And that’s what those tampering fools deserve
I wonder what AD,KD and Kyrie would look like in NY. Maybe add a Zion. Not sure they could pull it off ( not including the draft), but that would be an instant powerhouse in the East.