AD requests trade

Toronto should be all over it the only teams that can trade for him are contenders as he’s said. Or places that can contend with him aka Sacramento.

Siakam-OG-Jonas-VanFleet-Green

For

AD-Hill

New Orleans:
I doubt they’d wanna go full rebuild with that fan base sothis is half in rebuild. They get a center in Jonas whose pretty good, VanFleet to start at pg next to Jrue, OG is a good prospect, and Siakiam is the big get.

Toronto will than be armed to take down those bums in GSW

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Whoops. Didn’t even look there because I assumed it was threadworthy
I don't know what the other mods' personal policy is but, as a general rule, I don't typically separate discussions from other threads until there are ten posts or more talking about it. I made an exception for the Fox/Doncic madness.

EDIT - I mean, it's a tough sell to say that something in the #NBA subfolder is thread-worthy, when there's at least a vocal minority of posters who seem to resent the fact that we even have an NBA subfolder, and wonder why we can't just post everything in #KingsRap?

I highly doubt they would take it, but I would offer Bagley, KK or Zbo, WCS, any other non core player an unprotected 2021 first, and 2 seconds for AD (assuming he signs the godfather offer).

Fox
Buddy
Bogi
Bjelly/Giles
AD

+

Whatever bench is left over

+

Starting SF like Tobias Harris in offseason (I think we could actually sign someone with Fox/Buddy/Bogi/AD core.

Not going to happen though

I highly doubt they would take it, but I would offer Bagley, KK or Zbo, WCS, any other non core player an unprotected 2021 first, and 2 seconds for AD (assuming he signs the godfather offer).

Fox
Buddy
Bogi
Bjelly/Giles
AD

+

Whatever bench is left over

+

Starting SF like Tobias Harris in offseason (I think we could actually sign someone with Fox/Buddy/Bogi/AD core.

Not going to happen though
Excuse me but that is a very respectable offer. Bagley has a lot of Anthony Davis - like skills. Look at the Lakers poo poo platter. The Pelicans don't want any of their trash. And the Celtics assets have depreciated namely Jaylen Brown and Terry Rozier. The player that the 76ers should hold out for is Ben Simmons. A Simmons-Davis trade makes sense for both teams! But if I am the Pels and pondering the likes of Bagley vs Ingram/Ball vs Jaylen Brown/Rozier as the centerpiece of a deal to trade away Davis, I would be more inclined to take the Kings offer. Bagley is going to be a great player. Simmons has stardom all over him too even though he can't shoot. If I am the Mavs I would do Davis straight up for Luka yesterday. Sell high Mavs! Sell high!

Excuse me but that is a very respectable offer. Bagley has a lot of Anthony Davis - like skills. Look at the Lakers poo poo platter. The Pelicans don't want any of their trash. And the Celtics assets have depreciated namely Jaylen Brown and Terry Rozier. The player that the 76ers should hold out for is Ben Simmons. A Simmons-Davis trade makes sense for both teams! But if I am the Pels and pondering the likes of Bagley vs Ingram/Ball vs Jaylen Brown/Rozier as the centerpiece of a deal to trade away Davis, I would be more inclined to take the Kings offer. Bagley is going to be a great player. Simmons has stardom all over him too even though he can't shoot. If I am the Mavs I would do Davis straight up for Luka yesterday. Sell high Mavs! Sell high!
I didn't think it was a bad offer per se, but I would think they would want Bogdan included as well and that might just be too much for a team not ready to contend and inability to replace those pieces easily.

I didn't think it was a bad offer per se, but I would think they would want Bogdan included as well and that might just be too much for a team not ready to contend and inability to replace those pieces easily.
I would be tempted to do Bogdan, Bagley, Willie and an 2021 protected / unprotected pick for Davis. That is a lot but probably worth it if we can sign him to a maximum extension. The Kings would destroy the league with Fox and Davis pick and roll and Buddy spotting up. We would have plenty of cap space too to attract and add free agents around them. This would become a very desirable destination.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
His agent is going to do the same thing to the Pelicans that DeMarcus' agent did to us, tell other teams he won't sign an extension with them unless they're a preferred destination. The Knicks seem unlikely for that reason but getting out of the Western conference probably has some appeal. Brooklyn maybe. Washington ditching everybody else to build around Davis and Beal or Davis and Wall might be interesting if they could get him to agree to it. He'll probably want to go to a team with an established star and a history of success. My money would be on the Lakers as the most likely destination.

If all we need to do is beat out other teams offers, I'd lo ike to dream that we can hold onto buddy, bogs, fox and bags.

I'd prefer we try to include extra future 1sts.
Convince NO that WCS and jackson is worth much more.

I'd like to dream of
Fox
Buddy/Bogs
Xxx
Bags/giles
Davis

His agent is going to do the same thing to the Pelicans that DeMarcus' agent did to us, tell other teams he won't sign an extension with them unless they're a preferred destination. The Knicks seem unlikely for that reason but getting out of the Western conference probably has some appeal. Brooklyn maybe. Washington ditching everybody else to build around Davis and Beal or Davis and Wall might be interesting if they could get him to agree to it. He'll probably want to go to a team with an established star and a history of success. My money would be on the Lakers as the most likely destination.
As of yet, has any player actually walked away from the super max in order to sign elsewhere??? No matter what these agents posture, that is a whole lot of money to give up and I believe when it comes down to it, if a team trades for them and calls the bluff, the player is going to take the money and his agent will push him to take it too (agent gets a cut)

If all we need to do is beat out other teams offers, I'd lo ike to dream that we can hold onto buddy, bogs, fox and bags.

I'd prefer we try to include extra future 1sts.
Convince NO that WCS and jackson is worth much more.

I'd like to dream of
Fox
Buddy/Bogs
Xxx
Bags/giles
Davis
They had a better deal two days ago?

My untouchables are Fox, Bagley and Hield.

I'm willing to part with anyone else. Not sure there's enough talent outside of those 3 to make it happen.
It’s Anthony Davis man. Kings would have to part with two of that at least. I don’t see any deal that the Kings could make where they’d feel comfortable he stays

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
As of yet, has any player actually walked away from the super max in order to sign elsewhere??? No matter what these agents posture, that is a whole lot of money to give up and I believe when it comes down to it, if a team trades for them and calls the bluff, the player is going to take the money and his agent will push him to take it too (agent gets a cut)
Maybe but I'm not sure any team wants a player on their payroll making $40 million a year who doesn't really want to be there either. Even when everyone wants to be there, that amount of money causes problems when you go to fill out the rest of the roster. You could try to call his bluff but then you've just got an unhappy superstar collecting a paycheck to lead you into sustained mediocrity.

It’s Anthony Davis man. Kings would have to part with two of that at least. I don’t see any deal that the Kings could make where they’d feel comfortable he stays
Yea. And I wouldn't want to do that. Especially with AD's injury history. Guy misses so many games. Additionally, if we're to give up key pieces like that then we'd be extremely starved for depth:

Fox
Shump
Jackson
Bjelica
Davis

Yogi
Bog
???
Giles
Koufos

You could swap or delete some of those guys too probably, like Bog or Giles.

We'd also need to probably include a pick which means we'd be looking toward free agency to fill in the gaps and to also add a major third piece to the key guys.

Ehh...

Ok crazy thought, but would Fox+Davis be enough to bring Kevin Durant aboard? If we had that trio we'd be instant title contenders overnight.

Fox
Hield or Bogdanovic (who ever doens't get traded)
Durant
Bjelica/WCS(best big man rotation in the league)
Davis

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
Ok crazy thought, but would Fox+Davis be enough to bring Kevin Durant aboard? If we had that trio we'd be instant title contenders overnight.

Fox
Hield or Bogdanovic (who ever doens't get traded)
Durant
Bjelica/WCS(best big man rotation in the league)
Davis
Would we be able to max Kevin Durant after maxing Anthony Davis though?

First off, when the Boogie Cousins for Buddy Hield trade went down, AD mocked Sacramento by saying he would never have come here to join Boogie. So forget about the notion of AD signing an extension here.

Secondly, as great as AD is, I'm not sold on him as a clutch player when the chips are down. Sure, he'd be an elite complimentary piece to an already established alpha such Kyrie or KD or LBJ. But as the lead dog himself, no thanks. He's not that type of player.

He piles up stats and often dominates, but has also been pushed around during the playoffs. Where he lost me was when he allowed Draymont Green to be able to guard him 1o1 by consistently opting to take fade away jumpers rather that work his @$$ off to punish him down in the post. He just can't or won't do that -- even to a smaller player (yes, I'm aware Draymond is a great defender). For that reason, I'd never be on board with acquiring him unless it was to pair him up with a true alpha.

Would we be able to max Kevin Durant after maxing Anthony Davis though?
Anthony Davis's contract is signed until next year. If we give him the 5 year $240million max, it would start in the summer of 2020 correct?

AD+Hill would account for $40million. Let's assume we traded Hield+Bagley+Giles+Jackson which would be for $19.28million.

We'd only have $40.59million on the books with the rest of our contracts including Willie's $11.7million cap hold.

Brings our salaries to $61.31million, the cap is set at $109million... so total cap space is: $47.7million.

I believe Kevin Durant's max contract would be 4 years $164million...bringing us to $41million (first year a little less).

Fox/Yogi
Bogdanovic
Durant/Hill
Bjelica/WCS/Skal
Davis

Bench is very weak though. We'd just have to hope someone believes in the starting core of Fox-Bogdan-Durant-Bjelica-Davis to make a finals run and take a big discount. Proven players who have made enough money and are at the end of their prime, or near the end of their careers but still good: Jeremy Lin, Tyreke Evans, JJ Reddick, DeMaree Carroll, etc.

AD's decision has more interest to me in that it sets things in motion across the league. The upcoming trade deadline was the still pond waiting for the annual player news that causes the first ripples. Davis will likely cause very large ripples league wide.

And the Kings have a lot of cap space to facilitate trades with.