A Thank You To The Lakers

loopymitch said:
only if you drive on the wrong side of the road:D it's much easier if you take the tube. Driving in Atlanta's no picnic either, especially downtown. Too many one way streets going the wrong damn way.

For best results use the MARTA ;)

Driving in China is pretty bad too. Not just because of the drivers though, the pedestrians and bikes act like they own the road, it's almost impossible to not have a near-collision situation everytime I drive up there.

doone said:
Driving in China is pretty bad too. Not just because of the drivers though, the pedestrians and bikes act like they own the road, it's almost impossible to not have a near-collision situation everytime I drive up there.
Doesn't help I'm sure that there are 2 billion + living there. ;)

Back to Kings and Lakers, I do miss the dramas between those two teams and the fans. It's not fun not shouting at the screen or yelling or use profanities. It just aint the same. According to my therapist, it’s actually a good thing.

T

thesanityannex

Mr. S£im Citrus said:
Bricklayer wins the thread; I've been to all of the places mentioned in this thread, and Napoli is the worst by far.

I assume you haven't driven in Mexico City!
Thread taken back by sanityannex.

T

thesanityannex

Actually, Mexico is an INDUSTRIALIZING nation, therefore, it is not third world. Third world refers to the least industrialized.

thesanityannex said:
Actually, Mexico is an INDUSTRIALIZING nation, therefore, it is not third world. Third world refers to the least industrialized.
Like Gargamel said...third world countries don't count. ;)

doone said:
I thought HK was bad until I went to Guangdong. I can't even imagine how bad traffic is in Beijing. I never drove in either place, we went by taxi or bus, but ohmigod, I nearly had 14 heart attacks a day.

Drivers of cars, commercial vehicles, buses, motorcycles, bicycles, and pedestrians all jockeying for first place at the green light (if they wait for it). eek! :eek:

O

ONEZERO

Unlike some of you, I've lived in LA my whole life. I've seen everything that goes on with the lakers and their fans. Their fans have got to be the most ridiculously arrogant fans. They don't know their facts, yet they still argue with you. And those flags are the worst thing ever. They were on when they were winning rings, and almost completely off when they stopped winning. I don't know if you guys know what even phil jackson called the people with flags on their cars. He called them "flagets". He called them this I think because of the reason they had them on was because they became fans when the lakers were winning and then abandoned them later. Man I don't even here ONE word about the lakers anymore. All the fans that used to come into my dads restaurant and talk continious nonsence, have stopped saying anything at all. Its almost become as if LA is not even a basketball town anymore. I remember when these stupid laker fans used to say, "kobes way better than jordan. He's only 23-24 and has 3 rings. Where was jordan at that age?" go check my profile and u will see why I hate the lakers and the lakers fans.

T

thesanityannex

ONEZERO said:
Unlike some of you, I've lived in LA my whole life. I've seen everything that goes on with the lakers and their fans. Their fans have got to be the most ridiculously arrogant fans. They don't know their facts, yet they still argue with you. And those flags are the worst thing ever. They were on when they were winning rings, and almost completely off when they stopped winning. I don't know if you guys know what even phil jackson called the people with flags on their cars. He called them "flagets". He called them this I think because of the reason they had them on was because they became fans when the lakers were winning and then abandoned them later. Man I don't even here ONE word about the lakers anymore. All the fans that used to come into my dads restaurant and talk continious nonsence, have stopped saying anything at all. Its almost become as if LA is not even a basketball town anymore. I remember when these stupid laker fans used to say, "kobes way better than jordan. He's only 23-24 and has 3 rings. Where was jordan at that age?" go check my profile and u will see why I hate the lakers and the lakers fans.
I feel your troubles, I've seen them all. Kings fans always say they miss the rivalry, but I doubt many of them live in L.A. Three years of those idiotic flags and all their Laker B.S. can drive a person insane. I'm glad they suck now, even if the rivalry is gone, because they are now gone too.

hoopsfan said:
Universal is right...London has to be the all-time worst!!
ever been to the Philippines? Manila in particular? wait till you experience driving here & you'll know how much London is much, much better. ;)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
ONEZERO said:
I think you're mistaking your personal experiences for what goes on here at Kingsfans.com... HERE we welcome fans of all teams, provided they're here to talk hoops and not just pound their chests and act as though their team is better than ours.

We have some great Laker fan members who have been here A LONG TIME. They're respected and, in turn, they respect us and the fact this is a Kings board.

If you live in LA and hate the Lakers and their fans, fine. Just don't bring it here, at least not as hostility against ANY of our members.

Thanks!

O

ONEZERO

VF21 said:
I think you're mistaking your personal experiences for what goes on here at Kingsfans.com... HERE we welcome fans of all teams, provided they're here to talk hoops and not just pound their chests and act as though their team is better than ours.

We have some great Laker fan members who have been here A LONG TIME. They're respected and, in turn, they respect us and the fact this is a Kings board.

If you live in LA and hate the Lakers and their fans, fine. Just don't bring it here, at least not as hostility against ANY of our members.

Thanks!
did i mention any members names? no.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Cool, then a word to the wise should suffice, shouldn't it?

Now, let's return to the original topic at hand... Any future comments between us can be done via PM.

T

thesanityannex

VF21 said:
Now, let's return to the original topic at hand... .
Onezero was speaking of the topic at hand. I should know, I started this thread. Somehow it got changed into who drives the worst. This is about those STUPID laker flags and all the chumps who took them down in embarrassment.

Bricklayer said:
Try Naples, Italy and see what you think of basically ANYplace else on the planet. L.A. drivers are little old ladies by comparison. I'm not entirely sure there ARE any traffic rules over there.
Ditto for Bangkok. China was tame in comparison, and my cab almost killed a biker.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
thesanityannex said:
Onezero was speaking of the topic at hand. I should know, I started this thread. Somehow it got changed into who drives the worst. This is about those STUPID laker flags and all the chumps who took them down in embarrassment.
Sorry, but I'm more interested in talking about how bad drivers are all over the world.

You may want to snipe at Laker fans, but it's pretty much a dead topic for the majority of us who DON'T live in LA. Besides, as I pointed out, we have a nice group of members here who happen to root for the Lakers and they're pretty classy individuals. They're no more "chumps" than anyone else...

So, anyway back to the topic at hand worth discussing...

The worst drivers are flat-landers who come up here in the winter without a clue about how to drive on ice and snow. It's almost a local sport to make bets on whether or not all of them will make it back down the hill...

T

thesanityannex

VF21 said:
Sorry, but I'm more interested in talking about how bad drivers are all over the world.

You may want to snipe at Laker fans, but it's pretty much a dead topic for the majority of us who DON'T live in LA. Besides, as I pointed out, we have a nice group of members here who happen to root for the Lakers and they're pretty classy individuals. They're no more "chumps" than anyone else...

So, anyway back to the topic at hand worth discussing...

The worst drivers are flat-landers who come up here in the winter without a clue about how to drive on ice and snow. It's almost a local sport to make bets on whether or not all of them will make it back down the hill...

First, I didn't call Lakers fans "chumps". I called the bandwagonners who took down their flags chumps. Second, I've seen you numerous times tell people to get back on topic or start a new thread, so why don't you just start a new thread about who drives the worst, or just close this thread completely.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
mr. moustache said:
Ditto for Bangkok. China was tame in comparison, and my cab almost killed a biker.
I have a friend who recently visited Thailand. He said the drivers were horrible BUT he was terrified by all the people in the boats. He mentioned a water taxi driver who apparently thought he could outrun an oncoming cargo ship.

The drivers in Chico are pretty mellow. We only have two lanes on our highway here so that probably is a factor. Worst drivers I've ever seen are in San Francisco, especially downtown. Absolutely dreadful.

C Diddy said:
The drivers in Chico are pretty mellow. We only have two lanes on our highway here so that probably is a factor. Worst drivers I've ever seen are in San Francisco, especially downtown. Absolutely dreadful.
I concur, Chico is a piece of cake. It's actually a joy to drive around this area of Northern California.

For crazy drivers it's Taiwan, IMO. I've been to Italy, but Venice, not Napoli. I've been around Europe (Amsterdam, Spain, Germany freeways are pretty crazy though). I’ve been all around the US; Las Vegas to SF to NY to LA to Chicago.....and boy, Taiwan is still the saddest IMO. Asians are horrible drivers. Yes, I said it. And yes, I'm Asian. ;)

My one visit to China I did see some pretty bad drivers, but I didn't drive there myself, personally.