A Bonzi trade...

From a Wolves fan on RealGM:

I could see Griffin and Hassell for Bonzi and the rights to your 1st round guy this year and a 2nd. Griffin and Hassell are both much younger than Bonzi and Hassell's underrated offensive game I would not rank too far behind Bonzi's. Hassell and Artest on the wings would lock up all perimeter scoring. Kevin Martin would probably be the starter over Hassell, though, he really seems to be shining.
http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=498221&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=12

I love that deal. Then we could go after a quality back-up guard behind Bibby. We
d address a bunch of things. Hassell could come off the bench as a sparker, and keep the defense going when Artest goes out, and allow him to rest more. Along with him being solid offensively over the last year or so, now. Hassell can guard three positions, and Artest/Hassell out there at times would be sick vs. the Suns/Mavs/Clippers, etc. Next years draft is going to be good anyways. Don't really think the R2 pick is needed from us, but maybe from them.

Bibby/FA-tradee/Garcia
Martin/Hassell/Garcia
Artest/Garcia/Hassell
Griffin-SAR-KT/Two of Griffin-SAR-KT ;)
Brad/Griffin/SAR

Could also throw in KT for them, and throw in Jaric for us. Both have bad contracts, but would suit the Kings situation and the Wolves situation. As the Wolves need another big to help out KG with rebounding, Blount is not that ;).

Wolves:

Banks
Davis
Bonzi
KG
Blount

Last edited:
I would never give up a first round for change like Griffin and Hassel. We also don't have a 2nd this year. If they want a first rounder, Garnett better be coming our way. This kind of trade does us no favors at all. We could get a Griffin/Hassel type in the draft possibly, and we assist a rival in picking-up Bonzi, plus we put the icing on the cake with a second rounder, too. That'd be three years in a row without a second rounder.

We'd be getting fleeced. We're helping Minny in acquiring a player they might not be able to sign, so why are we giving them picks. Picks should be coming our way.

Hassel has a contract at about 4.3 a year that ends in 09/2010.

Well, tend to agree about the picks (even mentioned the 2nd rounder part), but I still dig the general deal (type and # of picks aside) a bunch.

LOL, give up a 1st & 2nd rounder along w/ bonzi for those 2 fools. gyeah......... HAHAHA and you agreed to it! hahah damn we'd be getting fleeced like packt said. you'd make mchale look like petrie there getting the better end of the stick. btw, bonzi has to agree to want to be SIGNED then TRADED to minney first. it's not like you have him under contract and move him anywhere you please.

I totally agree with this trade... so much! ron and hassel in the back court would make for such a great defensive perimiter I like the length or jaric to back up. the whole trade thing is not nessecary i agree. we need our picks. but i want to see this move go down

KMart23 said:
LOL, give up a 1st & 2nd rounder along w/ bonzi for those 2 fools. gyeah......... HAHAHA and you agreed to it! hahah damn we'd be getting fleeced like packt said. you'd make mchale look like petrie there getting the better end of the stick. btw, bonzi has to agree to want to be SIGNED then TRADED to minney first. it's not like you have him under contract and move him anywhere you please.
Ah, Indeed.

So I have a different view and opinion. No need to overreact there, chap. Also, commented on the draft picks part of the deal in my previous two posts. ;)

I think Bonzi would be be fine playing with KG, just the location part would be in question.

Last edited:
BMiller52 said:
No thanks. I'd rather try to get Foye with our first rounder than pick up those 2 clowns while losing Bonzi.
Well, with where Foye is projected, we likely won't be able to get him. I had him on my draft list, but took him off since we've moved up in the position picking order.

sorry mate,
i did overreact there. this would be a bad deal for the kings. i'm sure we could get better trade value than the 2 players listed above. bonzi grabs a ton of boards at the swing position.

I don't think the Kings can afford to add too many bad offensive players to the team. Look at what the bench would be: Hart (zero offense), Hassel (zero offense), Garcia (a little offense), SAR (offense), Griffin (zero offense). When the bench comes in, who is going to score??

nbrans said:
I don't think the Kings can afford to add too many bad offensive players to the team. Look at what the bench would be: Hart (zero offense), Hassel (zero offense), Garcia (a little offense), SAR (offense), Griffin (zero offense). When the bench comes in, who is going to score??
As I mentioned in my first post, the new back-up small guard (someone like Claxton/Bell (he doesn't have zero offense or little offense)/Dooling/James).

Hassell does not have no offensive game, as the Wolves fan said. He actually has a solid offensive game, going inside a number of ways well and with mid-range jumpers. Consistently. As I have seen too, with near-regularity this season watching the Wolves. Any other Wolves follower would agree similarily, just figured it was kinda known Hassell is quite improved on offense now. So I didn't mention it in my first post. Also, who knows how Garcia improves over the summer.

With all that said, I still dig the general deal.

Last edited:
Kings113 said:
As I mentioned in my first post, the new back-up small guard (someone like Claxton/Bell (he doesn't have zero offense or little offense)/Dooling/James).

Hassell does not have no offensive game, as the Wolves fan said. He actually has a solid offensive game, going inside a number of ways well and with mid-range jumpers. Consistently. As I have seen too, with near-regularity this season watching the Wolves. Any other Wolves follower would agree similarily, just figured it was kinda known Hassell is quite improved on offense now. So I didn't mention it in my first post. Also, who knows how Garcia improves over the summer.

With all that said, I still dig the general deal.
Hassell isn't an atrocious offensive player, but he's not going to create any offense, and he won't mesh well with a bench that's already starved for points. He's a defensive minded player who can hit a 15 foot jump shot if left completely unguarded. Not exactly the type of player who is going to thrive coming in off the bench against the opposing team's second unit, even if the Kings do luck into a better backup point guard.

We've gone back and forth over Griffin many times, but I'll boil it down to 1) can't guard the post, 2) worse than zero offense because he shoots a terrible percentage and shoots a lot, 3) massive head case.

Assuming team salary is going to right around the tax threshold I'd just assume let Bonzi walk and use the MLE on the best post defender available.

nbrans said:
Hassell isn't an atrocious offensive player, but he's not going to create any offense, and he won't mesh well with a bench that's already starved for points. He's a defensive minded player who can hit a 15 foot jump shot if left completely unguarded. Not exactly the type of player who is going to thrive coming in off the bench against the opposing team's second unit, even if the Kings do luck into a better backup point guard.

We've gone back and forth over Griffin many times, but I'll boil it down to 1) can't guard the post, 2) worse than zero offense because he shoots a terrible percentage and shoots a lot, 3) massive head case.

Assuming team salary is going to right around the tax threshold I'd just assume let Bonzi walk and use the MLE on the best post defender available.

Well I wouldnt mind letting him walk for the MLE on Przbilla. But will he want to come that cheap? who knows. And Griffin is an excellent inside presence... he blocks alot of shots and is a good rebounder, so he definatly can guard the post

nbrans said:

Hassell is a good at going inside, or driving and shooting a jumper at the FT line. Consistently. The regular jumpshot, agreed, but that's how it is regularly with him.

As have others with you on Griffin. But, a massive headcase? The guys been fine (which doesn't mean a great person) since 2004, has matured and been given a second chance, and has obviously taken it. Not getting into anything iffy. Griffin has been inconsistent offensively up to his demotion of role in early February, and not having his jumper this year. Last year he wasn't too bad, definitely better than this year.

About guarding the post, haven't gathered enough on that during the last two seasons to have anything close to definite. Probably would get good results on a couple Wolves boards.

Who do you suggest for post-defense? Ely? Pryzbilla?

Last edited: