but teams with cap space to Blow?

Atlanta - Yes but we have better cheap youth
Bulls - Thats a lot of money to move up 3
Dallas - Thats a lot of money to move up 1 and they need the money for Big Cuz
Philly - would only use cap on an elite

Maybe something like:

Sacramento - Parsons from + 4th pick from Memphis
Memphis - Faried + 14th pick from Denver
Denver - 2nd round pick from Sacramento + one of SL, JJ or FM3. If it doesn't work salary wise, include someone other then Bogie, Hield, Fox.

Bott Memphis and Sacramento save around 12 M salary this year, Memphis also 25 M next year. Both trade down saving a litle bit.
For us it is no brainer, we draft Mikal Bridges and Luka Doncic (or JJJ/WC ;)

Last edited:

SLAB

Hall of Famer
^^^ Second round pick, not #2 pick.

Would Memphis want Faried if they're trying to shed salary? Is he an expiring? Or would he help them "win now" if they actually believe they can do that.

Memphis is monumentally dumb if they are willing to package the 4th pick just to unload dead salary. How many top flight free agents are really setting their sites on Memphis this summer. There's no way they will take garbage just to dump Chandler's salary. I think it would take a deal that included one of our high upside youngsters (fox, bogi, buddy.... maybe WCS/Skal/Giles but I doubt it), in which case most on this site would probably be uncomfortable parting with.

Would Memphis want Faried if they're trying to shed salary? Is he an expiring? Or would he help them "win now" if they actually believe they can do that.
Maybe we keep faried and parsons but send to them some useful players like zbo and Shumpert or wcs and shump or kk and shump etc

2nd round, as written. Faried is expiring, I haven't checked recently but I am pretty sure. In order to max Jokic this year and not pay luxory tax, they must shed salary.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I really don't think we should imagine that Memphis is willing to just dump #4 to get rid of Parsons. It seems to me they will want actual value for the #4 and then try to slough off Parsons as the cost of doing business.

I really don't think we should imagine that Memphis is willing to just dump #4 to get rid of Parsons. It seems to me they will want actual value for the #4 and then try to slough off Parsons as the cost of doing business.
Then they are utterly naive. Nobody is going to take on 25M per w/o coming out far ahead on the deal. That's the price to pay for the priviledge of dumping awful contracts.

I'm not saying they can't get anything in return, but nothing close to equal value or what the #4 pick would net straight up.

And NBA sources tell me the Mavs are willing to take Parsons back in trade if Memphis is serious about sacrificing pick No. 4 overall in the upcoming NBA Draft.

Dallas "would look at taking on money in exchange for a top-10 pick,'' one source tells me.

https://247sports.com/nba/mavericks...k-No-4-in-NBA-trade-with-Grizzlies-119058233/

so Dallas wants to take on salary to get another pick at 4?

Hey Vlade!! We want to do this too!!!

They can have everything they want except Fox, #2, Bogdan, Giles and maybe Buddy. Any package centered around WCS and JJ or Skal works perfectly fine for me. But it sounds too god to be true.

I like Buddy a lot. But don't forget he's a bench player right now.
He's much more important than "bench player" suggests. He's got 6th man of the year potential - and he is the one guy on the Kings who puts in the most work. You never know how much better he can get year to year. I am really reluctant to move on from Buddy Heild - he is our Jamal Crawford.

He's much more important than "bench player" suggests. He's got 6th man of the year potential - and he is the one guy on the Kings who puts in the most work. You never know how much better he can get year to year. I am really reluctant to move on from Buddy Heild - he is our Jamal Crawford.
Me too. I'm not saying he will be him, but even harden started off as a 6th man too. Some times it takes a few years to move into that starting role.

Ya you trade down when you have the 4th pick not trading out of a draft. No way Memphis trades out of the top 10 a trade with ya would’ve worked if we stayed at 7-8.

I’d focus on Denver’s pick and doing
ZBO- Skal- a couple of 2nds
For
Faried-14

Walk out the draft with Doncic/Knox or Bagley/Musa

Mike Fisher: Source: #Mavs ‘not willing’ to include Harrison Barnes in #Grizzlies ‘Parsons + pick No. 4’ trade idea (vip)

3 hours ago – via Twitter fishsports

To Vlade: How come i see rumors for Mavs talking to Grizz for #4
How come I see rumors of Atlanta talking to Denver for #14
I dont see any rumors of Kings potential trades!!!!

Get on the phone to Grizz and at least see what they want for the #4
WCS,JJ,Skal - hell yes
Bogdan or Buddy - mmmmmmmmmmm maybe? Luka and Bagley worth one of our SG?
could be future 3 and 4 allstars for our one of two SG
Memphis cant get Luka at 4 , but maybe Luka Light (Bogdan) plus 40 Mil
Mavs said no to Barnes, Maybe Vlade says yes to Bogdan

Fox,Buddy,Luka,Bagley, Giles sign me up

So Dallas would not trade 50 mil of Barnes for 50 mil of Parsons, get 4 and 5 in Draft , and still have money to offer Big Cuz?

Cuban is an idiot

Grizz gets better offer from us above, young talent , and cap space

So Dallas would not trade 50 mil of Barnes for 50 mil of Parsons, get 4 and 5 in Draft , and still have money to offer Big Cuz?

Cuban is an idiot

Grizz gets better offer from us above, young talent , and cap space

I wouldnt do that deal if I was Dallas. Barnes is the Maverick's best player and trading him away for the worst contract in the league is laughable.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Ya you trade down when you have the 4th pick not trading out of a draft. No way Memphis trades out of the top 10 a trade with ya would’ve worked if we stayed at 7-8.

I’d focus on Denver’s pick and doing
ZBO- Skal- a couple of 2nds
For
Faried-14

Walk out the draft with Doncic/Knox or Bagley/Musa
Unrealistic. Denver offers Faried to shed salary, not to get even more salary alongside 37 years old. Also they have 6 or 7 PFs on the roster. If they receive player in return, it would be minimal salary, backup PG or SF (read FM3 or JJ).