2022 California Classic Day 1 7/2/2022 (Kings vs Warriors 4:30 Pacific, NBATV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ellis n Rhoden we’re meh. Queta trying things. Looks slow on offense defense. Murray was solid. The shot looks nice. The off ball movement was good. The on ball creation n scoring was meh. Okay tbd on the perimeter—Jessup drove n scored in him twice with no screen. Jessup is playing overseas next year.

Dude reported grew an inch or so during the last season in Iowa and never measured at the combine so he's probably around 6'9"/6'10" now.
I doubt it. I saw an interview and when asked about his measurements it sounded like he's probably around 6'7" barefoot from the way he was describing it. He was next to Sochan and Dieng on draft night, both listed at 6'9" and he's definitely shorter.

Keegan: Awesome. Super quiet 26 pts/8 rebounds on 10/14 shooting. Had a couple creation opportunities where his teammates just bricked wide open 3s. Thought he looked good on the perimeter defensively, had some really nice contests on shots that were more prayers than anything; couldn't defend it much better. The beauty is he got a majority of his looks within the offense; things that are easily repeatable with actual NBA playmakers getting him the rock. Dude could have had 40 if he wasn't getting looked off half the game.

Ellis: Defense is NBA ready now. Straight up a defensive playmaker and stifling on-ball defender. Most noticeable was the stretch we put him on Santos at the end of the first half and he just locked him up 3 possessions in a row and stole his soul. Looked like the lean version of Davion out there.

The offense? Work in progress. I think he played ok within the team system, had one really nice creation play. His value is going to be tied to him being a 37%+ 3pt shooter.

Queta: Big progress all-around. Showed a few creation moves, rim-running was excellent generally disruptive on defense, was actually able to hang on the perimeter with some wings/guards. Still prone to some silly mistakes that need to be corrected and I'd like to see more than 6 rebounds in 21 minutes. He's by far the biggest dude on the floor.

The Rest:

O'Connell: was a bigger surprise. Super active on defense making plays, looks like a + athlete, had some nice cuts. He's someone to get a closer look at for sure, a lot of nice tools.

Sestina: Didn't shoot it, but looked very polished on defense especially. In the right spots, which you'd expect from a guy playing pro-ball for a bit.

Coleman/Steward showed some flashes; the shiftiness/speed is elite. When they tone it back and play in control, they're good. Still a bit too selfish for my liking.

Horne/Rhoden: Couple nice plays, but mostly invisible.

Ferrari: Eh, more like a Honda. Don't see much here.

I may be the only one who isn't mad at Ferrari. It's easy to forget the amount of summer league games that become completely unwatchable due to extremely poor playmaking from the PG spot. Many times these games just turn into a bunch of guys going 1 on 1 because no one is able to use a screen or run a pick and roll.

He had 7 assists and 3 TO. Made some bone headed and poorly placed passes but at least he's trying to get his teammates involved. Even if he sucks, the offense at least has some flow with him out there.

I may be the only one who isn't mad at Ferrari. It's easy to forget the amount of summer league games that become completely unwatchable due to extremely poor playmaking from the PG spot. Many times these games just turn into a bunch of guys going 1 on 1 because no one is able to use a screen or run a pick and roll.

He had 7 assists and 3 TO. Made some bone headed and poorly placed passes but at least he's trying to get his teammates involved. Even if he sucks, the offense at least has some flow with him out there.
I agree. I thought he was certainly playing more like a system PG than the other guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.