2019-20 Off Season Moves

Sorry, I know this is early. But its on my mind.

Here is my dream (and realistic) off season

• Renegotiate Barnes. 4 years declining salary staring at $20MM
  • Sign Vucevic to the Max
  • Sign Pat Beverly to a two year, $16MM deal where year two is partially guranteed.
  • Waive Yogi
  • This should put us at the cap
  • Sign Bojan Bogdanovich to a 3 year MLE
  • Extend Buddy Hield to a 4 year, 85MM extension, declining.
  • Extend Bogi to 4 year 51MM extension

De'Aaron will get the max in 21/22 most likely and Bagley the Max in 22/23 (This assumes they are both All Stars). The 22/23 season we will be in Salary Cap Hell, but hard to project space that far out. Who knows where Giles falls in this scenario.

The above is a 48-52 win team. We may add or draft stash a 2nd rounder or two. This is a very Denver Nuggets trajectory. I think WCF would be realistic in 2021 with a couple tweaks.

Attachments

I love all the suggested additions. I don't know if Bojan will come that cheap. The Pacers are in a quandry with Sabonis since they can't play him together a lot with Turner who they already committed big money to. I could see them letting him go and committing to Bojan, who has had stepped up huge with Oladipo out.

I know some are unsure about committing a lot to Vucevic with Bagley and Giles on the way up, but in my mind the youngsters need a high-caliber player as a bridge over the next 3-4 years until they get their man strength. It's going to be a while before those two can hold down 30 minutes on the floor together. The Kings need to protect and maximize their investment in Bagley by putting him next to a proven player who can compliment him on each side of the court, and that is Vucevic. The kids will still only be 23-24 when that deal expires.

I've also been advocating taking the one year of cap hell however it can be made to work within the rules. The next year you get relief as Barnes and Vucevic come off the books just as they are exiting their primes and the next generation fully steps up.

He signed a 1 year deal worth 10MM, MLE starts at 9.3 and can get 5% raises. 1 year deals usually have a higher AAV, were talking an almost 30MM deal over 3 years. It might be a bit of discount, he can probably get 36MM but I don't see him getting more than that.

There should be more realistic options out there than Bojan to essentially just play behind Barnes. Any kind of wing defender with length would be nice.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Sorry, I know this is early. But its on my mind.

Here is my dream (and realistic) off season

• Renegotiate Barnes. 4 years declining salary staring at $20MM
  • Sign Vucevic to the Max
  • Sign Pat Beverly to a two year, $16MM deal where year two is partially guranteed.
  • Waive Yogi
  • This should put us at the cap
  • Sign Bojan Bogdanovich to a 3 year MLE
  • Extend Buddy Hield to a 4 year, 85MM extension, declining.
  • Extend Bogi to 4 year 51MM extension

De'Aaron will get the max in 21/22 most likely and Bagley the Max in 22/23 (This assumes they are both All Stars). The 22/23 season we will be in Salary Cap Hell, but hard to project space that far out. Who knows where Giles falls in this scenario.

The above is a 48-52 win team. We may add or draft stash a 2nd rounder or two. This is a very Denver Nuggets trajectory. I think WCF would be realistic in 2021 with a couple tweaks.
you want to extend Bogdanovic after his horrendous campaign for majority of this season? Let's first find out if his injuries are going to be long term and bring his play down or if it's a down year for him and he'll be a rejuvenated player next season.

Why in the world would the Clips let Beverly go? That’s very wishful thinking.

You’re talking about a team that has money for 2 max contracts, a great coach, top notch front office, and a incredible mix of youth and vets.

Beverly is not going anywhere. Clips are one Kawhi, or Ad from being completely dominant in the West. That, you can book.

Never said he wasn’t. Clips will lock him up .
I am sure he will want to stay. He’s older and has a better chance at winning a ring by staying with the Clips. Especially, if they sign a big name. They will be a lot closer than the Kings if they sign Kawhi or AD they will be one of the favorites to win the West. Clips are a very smart organization and a a great coach. I would be shocked if he leaves.

On the other hand, you may be right.

Kings front office will blow their wad and sign him for 3/60. Wouldn’t surprise me one bit. That’s par for the course.

Well, if they want him then Vlade has to seriously work some magic, no pun intended. Aren't him and Vucevic close or something? Other than that with the Magic seemingly not so sold on Bamba, which is ridiculous IMO, prying him away will be close to impossible.

Well, if they want him then Vlade has to seriously work some magic, no pun intended. Aren't him and Vucevic close or something? Other than that with the Magic seemingly not so sold on Bamba, which is ridiculous IMO, prying him away will be close to impossible.
I havent heard anything but it would not suprise me if they are, i read that he did look up to Divac growing up (from orlando sentinel below)

There will be multiple suitors to sign him to the max so he will have his fair amount of suitors.

I feel the Mavs will be our toughest competition. Cuban runs a great organization and running with Doncic and Porzingis will appeal to him im sure.

Then again he can have 3 point shoot offs with Peja and Buddy post practice and have Vlade around, whats not to like about us hey ?

Borislav Vucevic, his father, played 24 years of professional basketball and even played on Yugoslavia's national team alongside future NBA player Drazen Petrovic. His mom, Ljiljana Vucevic, played pro basketball for a team in Sarajevo and the Yugoslavia national team.

Nik considers Montenegro home, but because of his father's profession, he spent 12 years of his childhood in Belgium.

He's fluent in Serbian, French and English.

As a kid, he looked up to Vlade Divac, but he was a self-described "huge fan" of Michael Jordan, so much so that most of the clothes he wore as a kid bore the Nike Jumpman logo or Jordan's image.

I’d love Vucevic but at $35 million a year for the max I’m not sure that’s the best way to
allocate funds over the next 5 years.

Jordan Bell or Brooke Lopez on deals around 2 year $20 million makes more sense to me. Re-sign Barnes and have money to extend the core of the team over the next few years without issue.

I’d love Vucevic but at $35 million a year for the max I’m not sure that’s the best way to

Jordan Bell or Brooke Lopez on deals around 2 year $20 million makes more sense to me. Re-sign Barnes and have money to extend the core of the team over the next few years without issue.
I agree. And in the end how much offense can you realistically give him? Sign him to that and watch his usage go down and subsequent production back to his career stats and it will look pretty bad on paper.

I'd personally go Bell over anyone right now. He'll fit great next to both Giles and Bagley.

Randle has really diversified his game. A one man wrecking crew tonite.
I would go after him hard. Max contract.
He’s young, fast, tough as nails, and a high character guy. He was a one man wrecking crew tonite.

Entity

Hall of Famer

I don’t think bell or Lopez makes us better. I’d rather hang on to wcs. If I could upgrade and get an all star I would do it. If you can land vucevic you do it and don’t look back. That’s a lot of fire power

Dudley is doing a great job being a pest. If we want a hard nosed vets with some dog to them then bringing back brewer and signing dudley and deandre jordan would be very solid moves.