[2016] The Finals

Who ya got?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Let me put it this way: Draymond Green's hand found itself in the vicinity of LeBron James' groin. If you don't want to call it a "punch," knock yourself out. Whatever it is that you would call it, he didn't have any business doing that ****ing ****, either. It's not "ridiculous" that Green suspended for it, this time. What's ridiculous is that it isn't a suspension for everybody, every ****ing time.

None of that excuses what LeBron James did. But, whether James' actions need excusing is irrelevant, because James is not a recidivist, and James is not the one who already had three flagrants/technicals on his CV in the playoffs. Because, technically, Draymond Green wasn't suspended for punching LeBron James in the balls, he was suspended for having a record. To paraphrase the great American philosopher Mos Def, it wasn't the one straw that broke the camel's back, it was the million other straws underneath it.

So a player is a recidivist. Should this influence the way the ref's make calls regarding this particular player? Should it influence the way the league treats this particular player, when they review calls or hand out suspensions?
Ok now we extrapolate this to DMC yelling at ref's all the time. So basically DMC is a recidivist right? So when dealing with this issue the league should take all the incidents into account, when DMC yelled at a ref? Because then we are talking about making decisions based on a players reputation and not treating players the same.
I personally don't like it, when the league treats players different. It should be the same rules for everyone - no DMC rules, Green rules and Curry or Lebron rules.

So when we get back to this "punch" (it looks more like a shove for me but nevermind) I would prefer it, when the league and the ref's look at this incident without taking the things that happened in the Warriors vs Thunder series into account.
Lebron starts the whole thing by stepping over Green. Green reacts, no harm is done, they exchange a few words and Green moves away.
Play on or double T.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
No, but it doesn't surprise me in the least that you would be the one to make that leap. His being a recidivist is relevant to the reprisal that he gets from other players, not from the league; he's a habitual line-stepper. When I say, "he's lucky that he just got suspended," basically what I mean is, "I can't believe that one of these players hasn't had somebody in their entourage handle their light work, and hit him in the back of the head with a brick, or something."

So when we get back to this "punch" (it looks more like a shove for me but nevermind) I would prefer it, when the league and the ref's look at this incident without taking the things that happened in the Warriors vs Thunder series into account.
And what I would prefer is that the league had a "zero tolerance" policy for putting your hands in other people's groins. And you still have a concept error: he didn't get suspended for "things that happened in the Warriors vs Thunder series." He got suspended for committing his fourth technical/flagrant in the playoffs. That's pretty much the definition of "the same rules for everyone," it just so happens that the only other technical/flagrant that anyone remembers him committing in the playoffs was in the conference finals. He didn't get suspended for that, he got suspended for doing four boneheaded ****ing things in the playoffs; that just happens to have been the most recent one.

Green should not be upset at anything, he has no one to blame but himself for the position he finds himself in today. No one should be mystified at the reason he was suspended either. It wasn't what he did last game that earned him the suspension, it's his "body of work" over the playoffs.

I find it ironic that Green called LeBron a *****, because that's exactly what I think of Green.

Warriors will win unless Curry or some one else gets hurt in addition to Bogut. Without Green Warriors small ball does not work. You could see Lebron and Kyrie easily attacked whichever big man is in there (Bogut, Ezeli, Varejao, Speights) which are too slow for the switch and blows by them or if they sag just pull up for an easy jumper. With Green in the line-up no way Lebron and Kyrie would have exploded like this in the game. Ofcourse, the touch fouls mini bump fouls helped give the Cavs some momentum too. Bogut in the game would have blocked those Lebron drives and Kyries, but got injured. Cavs knew it, they got lucky and just won because they played an incomplete Warriors team, which they'll take anyway. I want a game 7, more drama.

If the Cavs want to stand a chance in the next game they need to bench Love. His pick and roll defense is horrendous. They just got lucky the Warriors didn't hit all those open 3's. When they switch they lock it down, when Love or Thompson plays off the screen it's wide open shot after shot.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
this is what happens when you just put your head down and take over.

Just go hard lebron. Leave it all out there. Everyone else needs to be ready but you need to be aggressive.
last night just so happened to be a night where Bron was hitting his jump shot which opened up everything else for him. I don't expect him to continue to make those jump shots at the same clip, which will eventually be Cleveland's downfall IMO.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
I still don't understand why so many people are determined for James to take over a game? Well, that's not exactly true: what I really don't understand is why people act like the only way to "take over" a game is by scoring a ton of points? That's not James' game, it's never been his game. He's done it, like, three times in his career in the playoffs.

This is a guy who thinks nothing of making the pass, because it's the smart basketball play, and all people want to say when he does that is how he runs away from the big moment. I don't get it.

last night just so happened to be a night where Bron was hitting his jump shot which opened up everything else for him. I don't expect him to continue to make those jump shots at the same clip, which will eventually be Cleveland's downfall IMO.
I expect him to make em in CLE. Game 7 in Oakland I doubt it but hey it's a good time to get it right

He didn't get suspended for that, he got suspended for doing four boneheaded ****ing things in the playoffs; that just happens to have been the most recent one.
Well, he got suspended for doing AT LEAST 6 boneheaded things:
the WWE takedown vs Houston (1 flagrant)
the flying knee to Adam's nuts (no foul)
the absurdly non-basketball kick to Adam's nuts (worth 2 boneheaded things)
the blatant trip of Kanter (not even a foul)
the worse-than-Kelly-Olynyk shoulder-rip of Adams (double foul)
the ridiculously-purposeful shot at Lebron's nuts (1 flagrant)

ANYONE who defends Draymond just because Lebron is X, Y, or Z is being completely myopic and disingenuous, letting their bias against Lebron cloud the issue.

Of course, this does show that the NBA blatantly protects Lebron's nuts more than Adams', but we all knew that beforehand, didn't we?

IfAt1st said:
ANYONE who defends Draymond just because Lebron is X, Y, or Z is being completely myopic and disingenuous, letting their bias against Lebron cloud the issue.

Of course, this does show that the NBA blatantly protects Lebron's nuts more than Adams', but we all knew that beforehand, didn't we?
The NFL has The Shield. The NBA has The Cup.

Last edited by a moderator:
if lebron is truly great this is his chance. game 7 in oakland. it will take all his offensive will and might to carry his team to a ring, but this is all on him now