2012 BIG DOG-VF21 KingsFans NFL Fantasy League

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Hey! It's time to get the old gang back together. The league was dormant last year, but I'm bringing it back to life, hopefully bigger and better than ever, for this year.

Confirmed for 2012:

1. VF21 - VF21 Devils
2. Gary - Gary's Bengals
3. Adam X - Dr. Champenstein
4. nebs - nebs niners
5. SacKings7 - Go Chargers!
6. Josh - Boogies Boyz
7. Rockmeister - Bradymeister
8. Londonking - fumble from the snap
9. Entity - TeamEntity
10. xrzn - RN 8 U ALV
11. kingfanpaul - Rockin' Reign
12. Reke 13 havoc - Ochocinco's forehead
13. Walmatt23 - On like ndamukong!
14. steelevt - On Like Dronkey Kong

Those participants will be given first opportunity sign up for this year's league. After about a week, I'll open it up to considering other team managers, up to a maximum of 16.

Here's the league info:

League ID#: 163658
League Name: BIG DOG-VF21 KingsFans
Password: (available upon request)
Draft Type: Live Draft
Draft Time: Sun Aug 26 10:00am PDT
Max Teams: 14
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
Start Scoring on: Week 1
Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports
Max Moves: No maximum
Max Trades: No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 1
Waiver Time: 1 day
Post Draft Players: Waiver game time to Tuesday 11:59pm PDT
Playoffs: Week 15, 16 and 17 (8 teams)
Roster Positions: QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/T, W/R, W/R/T, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN
Stat Categories: Passing Yards (25 yards per point)
Passing Touchdowns (6)
Interceptions (-2)
Rushing Yards (10 yards per point)
Rushing Touchdowns (6)
Receptions (1)
Reception Yards (10 yards per point)
Reception Touchdowns (6)
Return Touchdowns (6)
2-Point Conversions (2)
Fumbles Lost (-2)
Offensive Fumble Return TD (6)
Field Goals 0-19 Yards (3)
Field Goals 20-29 Yards (3)
Field Goals 30-39 Yards (3)
Field Goals 40-49 Yards (4)
Field Goals 50+ Yards (5)
Point After Attempt Made (1)
Sack (1)
Interception (2)
Fumble Recovery (2)
Touchdown (6)
Safety (2)
Block Kick (2)
Points Allowed 0 points (10)
Points Allowed 1-6 points (7)
Points Allowed 7-13 points (4)
Points Allowed 14-20 points (1)
Points Allowed 21-27 points (0)
Points Allowed 28-34 points (-1)
Points Allowed 35+ points (-4)
Fractional Points: Yes
Negative Points: Yes

Note: I made one change. I took away the second DEF position and added instead a W/R/T offense position.

I'll be sending out the emails to previous participants shortly. If you're listed above and don't receive it by late today, let me know. If you're interested in joining, sign up below.

Thanks! Here's to a great season of Fantasy Football!!!

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Okay, I've got 9 managers so far. Haven't heard from MontysBiggestFan or bigdog5142. If you love football and promise to be an active participant in the league, put your name on the waiting list. We can always use some new blood and I'd love to have about 12 or 14 managers this season.

Thanks!!

Last edited:
I would love to join the league. The other times you guys did this I missed out. I'm warning you though, I have won the fantasy super bowl 4 years straight! lol. Win or lose I am a very active owner throughout the whole season. Never quit! :p

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I would love to join the league. The other times you guys did this I missed out. I'm warning you though, I have won the fantasy super bowl 4 years straight! lol. Win or lose I am a very active owner throughout the whole season. Never quit! :p
Check your PMs. Please register asap.

This will make 11 players. I have one returning player who checked in but has not registered. If he does not do so shortly, I will have room for one more manager. Thanks!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
One more fantasy player needed!

Help!

I have one returning member for my BIG DOG-VF21 Fantasy League who didn't respond in time and lost his spot. If I can find one more participant, I can expand the league to 14 managers and he'll be able to play.

Please drop me a PM asap if you're interested!!!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Thanks to all who were able to participate in the live draft. Sorry to hear that a couple of you had technical difficulties. (Can't include you in that, nebs, since you admitted you forgot about the draft...:))

Should be a lot of fun this year. Having 14 teams makes it a more balanced league IMHO. Good luck to one and all!!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
the official scoring setting on the fantasy page doesn't have receptions as 1 point? Is it still counted.
Thanks for letting me know. I have no idea what happened, as the settings I show in the initial post are those are used for this year's league. I corrected the "reception" omission and I'll double-check all the rest.

Thanks again!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I've had some comments about how unowned players are being claimed. It is being suggested that we implement waiver rules. Here are the options:

Weekly Waivers

Use these settings to give everyone in the league a fair chance at picking up players.

1. Sunday - Tuesday means all unowned players will be placed on waivers at 10:00am PT each Sunday with the claim period ending at 11:59pm PT on Tuesday.

2. First game of the week - Tuesday means all unowned players will be placed on waivers at the start of the first game for that week with the claim period ending at 11:59pm PT on Tuesday.

3. Game Time means all unowned players will be placed on waivers at the scheduled start time of their game with the claim period ending at 11:59 pm PT on Tuesday. In Game Time Waivers, players on a bye week will be placed on waivers Monday night at 5:30pm pacific time.

If I'm reading this correctly, it means you can pick an unowned player without waiver early in the week but once the games have started, unowned players - meaning those guys who light it up in a particular game - are subject to waiver listing.

What do the rest of you think?

I've had some comments about how unowned players are being claimed. It is being suggested that we implement waiver rules. Here are the options:

Weekly Waivers

Use these settings to give everyone in the league a fair chance at picking up players.

1. Sunday - Tuesday means all unowned players will be placed on waivers at 10:00am PT each Sunday with the claim period ending at 11:59pm PT on Tuesday.

2. First game of the week - Tuesday means all unowned players will be placed on waivers at the start of the first game for that week with the claim period ending at 11:59pm PT on Tuesday.

3. Game Time means all unowned players will be placed on waivers at the scheduled start time of their game with the claim period ending at 11:59 pm PT on Tuesday. In Game Time Waivers, players on a bye week will be placed on waivers Monday night at 5:30pm pacific time.

If I'm reading this correctly, it means you can pick an unowned player without waiver early in the week but once the games have started, unowned players - meaning those guys who light it up in a particular game - are subject to waiver listing.

What do the rest of you think?
Yes, waivers please. That's my only complaint that I've had about Rockmeister's league. First timer in a deep league so I won't complain about my injury woes so far :D. But yes, IMO waivers make the game that much more balanced for all involved.

I also agree that this should be done. I had thought we were going to have a waiver system like that in place, but then I noticed how hot players would get grabbed up after their game or even while the game was taking place. So then I had to remember to quickly come check for players or else they would all get snatched.

I think the third option is the best choice, seems like it would be very fair for all owners.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The waiver order is the reverse of the draft order. If you go to the league home page, you'll see that each manager has a waiver number assigned to them. If they use the waiver, they go to the bottom of the list...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I've been in contact with two other league members, who also favor the Option 3. For this reason, I have gone ahead and revised the setting. Our league unowned players are now on waivers from the time their game starts each week until Tuesday 11:59pm PDT.

I've been in contact with two other league members, who also favor the Option 3. For this reason, I have gone ahead and revised the setting. Our league unowned players are now on waivers from the time their game starts each week until Tuesday 11:59pm PDT.
Yeah, it should have always been like this. I just went to free agents to make waiver claims for some players and everyone is gone. SJack and Bradshaw got hurt and I wanted to grab their backups but both are already gone. Not sure wtf I'm suppose to do if both players are ruled out.

Pretty lame.

Yes, waivers please. That's my only complaint that I've had about Rockmeister's league. First timer in a deep league so I won't complain about my injury woes so far :D. But yes, IMO waivers make the game that much more balanced for all involved.
If you have a concern in my league, please let me know. I promise I won't bite. :)