http://www.nbadraft.net/profiles/mauriceager.asp

PJ Tucker - SG/SF - 6'5" 220 lbs - Texas:
http://www.nbadraft.net/profiles/pjtucker.asp

Bobby Jones - SG/SF - 6'6" 210 lbs - Washington:
http://nbadraft.net/profiles/bobbyjones.asp

Brandon Bowman - SF - 6'8" 219 lbs - Georgetown:
http://www.nbadraft.net/profiles/brandonbowman.asp

Last edited:
All I have seen'heard of Diaz I like. Most mocks have him going in the 2nd round, but with the draft this year all lot of movement will probably be made, won't even get an idea until after summer draft camp.

The only guy on that list that excites me is Mardy Collins, and he does not excite me that much.

The way I see it is that we need to draft big. We have Garcia to help back up the PG pos, and Artest can help bring the ball up the floor as well. I am not a big fan of Diaz.

You really think Shawne Williams would be available?

Also, Brandon Bowman will be a bust. I hope we don't draft him.

Last edited:
I think he'd be that spark small guard we need and a lot of teams have/had. He's an NBA player.

I'd definitely be ok with us drafting him. Ultimately though, I'd prefer a big man.

What about ;

Patrick O'Bryant BRADLEY 7-0 250 C 13ppg 8rpg 3bpg

Justin Williams WYOMING 6-10 220 PF-C 11ppg 11rpg 5bpg

Shelden Williams DUKE 6-9 250 PF 18ppg 10rpg 3bpg (I put him in here because some drafts have him mid 1st round)

Paul Millsap LOU. TECH 6-7 245 PF 19ppg 13rpg 2bpg

Paul Davis MICH STATE 6-11 260 PF-C 17ppg 9rpg 1bpg

Josh Boone CONN 6-10 235 PF-C 10ppg 7rpg 2bpg

I am kind of frustrated here. We have guys here that are projected to go in round 2 but have showed at the division 1 level that they can play. Justin Williams for instance. I would take this guy in the first round although I see him going as late as mid second. That's crazy!

I also see JJ Redick dropping in a lot of drafts. If he were available at 19th would you pick him?

Let the early pics be Cedric Simmons, and Andrea Bargnani. It will leave more quality later in the first round.

Last edited:
O'Bryant, yes. Shelden, yes. Justin Williams, yes, but would take 3-4 guys in my sig before him. Milsap, ditto. Boone, not sure. Davis, no. Redick, no.

I'd love to get Simmons, but he's probably gone by 19. Keep him in my sig because I see varyings around mocks and projections.

I am from Wyoming and am a big fan of the 'Pokes. Also a big fan of Justin Williams. Here's the scoop on him:

He's listed at 6-10 225 but he looks like he weighs a buck-eighty. He's pretty raw on offense as well. That said, the guy can jump out of the gym. His arms are long and even though stronger centers would back him down, he would still recover to block their shot a lot of the times. He's a fantastic help defender as well, sometimes he'll come out of nowhere to block what looks like a pretty easy lay-up. He's skinny, but he gets nasty haha.

He's a secound rounder because he doesn't have much offense other than putbacks and dunks and NBA people worry he's too thin to play center in the NBA. That's a valid concern, but I think he has a chance to end up like the only other center to make it from Wyoming, Theo Ratliff. Also kinda reminds me of a Keon Clark with a mean streak. If I had to guess, I'd say he will end up being a solid rotational player off the bench. Too bad we don't have a secound rounder though...

Last edited:
i like pj tucker a lot, his toughness is crazy. but we need big men like crazy, so i say we trade up by trading miller and get lamarcus aldridge. the only down side about aldridge is that he doesn't play to his full potential and goes easy too much. He could easily be the best player in the nation if he did play to his best ability. He admitted it himself in an interview.

Joakim noah would be great but, i just don't like looking at him, hes so annoying. uhhh, just they need to lose miller quick.

W

West_Gunslinger16

How bout starting a thread which player you want to draft? Come on, I wanna know how many people want to draft a guard and a center.

Kings113 said:
O'Bryant, yes. Shelden, yes. Justin Williams, yes, but would take 3-4 guys in my sig before him. Milsap, ditto. Boone, not sure. Davis, no. Redick, no.

I'd love to get Simmons, but he's probably gone by 19. Keep him in my sig because I see varyings around mocks and projections.

Would you pick Shelden over Simmons?

Shelden Williams is more of a complete player, and better rebounder.

Last edited:
I'd take either. I'm not sure who's the better rebounder, but I do know more about Shelden. Also have to take into account I think Simmons played limited minutes at NC State.

Simmons notes:

Displays solid toughness inside. Does not shy away from contact ... Plays hard, good energy ... Terrific rebounder due to his long arms and leaping ability ... Has great hands ... Tremendous feet, his foot speed allows him to rebound out of position and cover a lot of ground defensively ... His body is on it's way. When he adds another 10-15 pounds, he's going to be very tough to contend with inside ... Attacks the basket well ... Has good touch around the basket ...
http://www.nbadraft.net/profiles/cedricsimmons.asp

Kings113 said:
I'd take either. I'm not sure who's the better rebounder, but I do know more about Shelden. Also have to take into account I think Simmons played limited minutes at NC State.

Simmons notes:

http://www.nbadraft.net/profiles/cedricsimmons.asp
I am always afraid of these players that didn't prove much at college, than come out early. I know that I am proven wrong year after year when one or two of them turn out to be decent NBA players, but You gotta say somethign about the player that stayed for 4 years, and proved to be a great college player.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Burly power forward with a no nonsense approach ... Great experience, 4 years at Duke has given him a strong foundation with a great skill level and solid fundamentals ... Hard worker who has developed a reputation as a great kid ... Extremely strong body ... Deceptively quick and athletic ... Sticks to playing in the post, where he dominates on the NCAA level ... "[/FONT]

Whoever gets Shelden Williams will have a serviceable big man for years to come. If he goes mid first round he will be the "steal" of the draft imo. If we could trade down 5 or so spots to get him, I would.

One last thing... Shelden Williams Notes: Nicknamed "The Landlord" because he owns the paint.

Last edited:
Gary said:
I am always afraid of these players that didn't prove much at college, than come out early. I know that I am proven wrong year after year when one or two of them turn out to be decent NBA players, but You gotta say somethign about the player that stayed for 4 years, and proved to be a great college player.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Burly power forward with a no nonsense approach ... Great experience, 4 years at Duke has given him a strong foundation with a great skill level and solid fundamentals ... Hard worker who has developed a reputation as a great kid ... Extremely strong body ... Deceptively quick and athletic ... Sticks to playing in the post, where he dominates on the NCAA level ... "[/FONT]

Whoever gets Shelden Williams will have a serviceable big man for years to come. If he goes mid first round he will be the "steal" of the draft imo. If we could trade down 5 or so spots to get him, I would.

One last thing... Shelden Williams Notes: Nicknamed "The Landlord" because he owns the paint.
I'd love the guy. He will NEVER be a franchise player but he could maybe be a Ben Wallace type player.

W

West_Gunslinger16

^^^ Nope. I'm from Kings '99 era. Only an 'ubernerd' Kings fan from '99 would know that.

W

West_Gunslinger16

Back in the old days.....

Geoff Petrie's mom: Geoff buy me a bag of salt in the supermarket.
GP: OK, mom.

1 hour later......

GP: Here you go, mom!
Geoff Petrie's mom: Son, I ask you to buy a bag of salt. This is a packet of GROUND PEPPER!

Just kidding :D. OK from now on I wouldn't mind who will he draft. We'll just have to see the performance of the player we will draft before judging the player.

Any update on who were the Kings are working out with?

Last edited by a moderator:
West_Gunslinger16 said:
Any update on who were the Kings are working out with?
Apparently yesterday they worked out Nick Fazekas and Matt Haryasz, along with a guard from Sac State and another guard whose info I can't recall.