Kings Sign Boogie Ellis

Link: USC product played five games for the Kings in Las Vegas summer league

The Sacramento Kings announced today that they have signed guard Boogie Ellis. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Ellis appeared in five games for Sacramento at NBA 2K25 Summer League in Las Vegas, averaging 11.2 points on 51.3% shooting from the field, including 54.5% from 3-point range. He also added 1.2 steals and averaged 17.3 minutes per game for the Kings.

A native of San Diego, Calif., Ellis spent the last three seasons at the University of Southern California where he posted averages of 15.4 points (42.7 FG%, 39.5 3pt%), 3.5 rebounds, 2.8 assists and 1.2 steals per game in 95 career games. In his final season with the Trojans, Ellis averaged 16.5 points, 3.5 rebounds, 3.0 assists and 1.4 steals per game, starting all 29 games, on his way to receiving All-Pac-12 Second Team honors.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Sad... I thought he'd at least make the Stockton team.
He was on an Exhibit 10 contract, which has a bonus if, upon being waived, he joins the affiliated G-League team. The waiver was purely procedural, and would have been widely expected. It doesn't mean he won't join Stockton, and if he doesn't, it most likely means he decided against it, not us.

He was on an Exhibit 10 contract, which has a bonus if, upon being waived, he joins the affiliated G-League team. The waiver was purely procedural, and would have been widely expected. It doesn't mean he won't join Stockton, and if he doesn't, it most likely means he decided against it, not us.
I see... Thanks for clearing it up!

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Yeah word is he'll be in Stockton. The only threat there is another team signing him.
Thing is, I’m not really sure there’s a huge market for 6’0” guys who are good at basketball. Sure we think he’s an interesting prospect but he’s generally not the sort of profile teams will go out of their way to pick up off of waivers just to get into their dev system

Thing is, I’m not really sure there’s a huge market for 6’0” guys who are good at basketball. Sure we think he’s an interesting prospect but he’s generally not the sort of profile teams will go out of their way to pick up off of waivers just to get into their dev system
Yeah, he's a 6' tall SG essentially. I wouldn't be too worried.