[Game] Kings @ Magic - 3/23/2024 - 4:00PM PST/7:00PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to be a negative Nancy. That Wizards game stings even more now. Ultimately the Kings get all wins they were projected to get by winning the one game I would’ve been okay with them losing on this road trip…

…but this would be an easy 50+ win season with solid playoff seeding if this team would just take out the damn trash and take care of home court. Can’t slip at home vs Philly.

Anyway, big win. Great game from Keegan and Keon. Fox was up and down in the fourth but ended on an up.

A massive Malik Monk donut and an otherwise worthless bench performance and to win is big.

Kings won the starter matchup quite handily tonight.
Yeah, but this is all based on 3's still. The Kings are showing that even if they hit that 37% area is starts inching towards up in the air depending on factors like the other teams hitting 3's and if the Kings are outmatched physically. We have to see what the playoffs look like and how dominant some of these paper champ teams are but the last few years shooting can take you to the conference finals if you stay hot. Of course, for most of those teams it was also followed by seasons of dropping like a rock, but that's the variance with shooting teams. I think the Kings are at a bigger advantage than say a team like the Hawks since Fox isn't as reliant on outshooting teams as their star is. Monte is trying to turn this into a team that can get beyond that variance, don't doubt it. Hopefully he can get it done.

Also trying not to be terribly negative in a win, but when Keegan is dialed in from downtown it feels like we don’t do the best job of feeding him and testing the limits, 47 point outburst aside.
It's still quite up to the defense though. Keegan is still getting the vast majority of his offense within the offense. It was weird actually seeing those DHO's again. It seems like we've hardly seen much of that lately.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
It's still quite up to the defense though. Keegan is still getting the vast majority of his offense within the offense. It was weird actually seeing those DHO's again. It seems like we've hardly seen much of that lately.
I think they've had to start running him off of more DHOs without Huerter because those actions make up so much of our playbook and Huerter and Sasha were pretty much the only two guys who were able to run it off of Domas consistently

I hope I am wrong but it looks like we will lose.
It was good that i was wrong. Good job overall, good coaching plan by Brown and the staff, very good defense throughout the game except for the Isaac minutes that it was hard to predict that could happen.
K33gan and K3on led the way (the K3 assassins, beasts in defense and snipers in offense), I liked it when Fox "touched the paint" didn't like his dozen of threes again, the ones that didn't go in seemed way off. Sabonis was superb as well, had to fight several players that weren't playing so "clean" let's say, and all players will wake up a bit "sore" next morning. Kings made Orlando look as a bad team at certain moments, made them have bad choice shots and we could have won much easier if we got a few calls BUT we were lucky with that Suggs foul (i think if the table were turned and it was foul against us we would be fuming). Btw in that play Mosley tried to challenge it but it was too late, at least that was what Mark Jones told.

The main reason we won was the 3s, the 3 point defense (not leaving so many open shots) and we have been getting better at free throws (while Orlando missed several ones. We couldn't get many second chance points (Orlando doesn't allow that, was shown in a card before the match began), but we got many fast break points that were turned to easy baskets.

At one point all the players looked tired to me, all starters playing 36+ minutes, almost zero help from the bench which we don't see too often. I think under normal circumstances (Len, Sasha 100% fit) Barnes wouldn't have played that much, but he was good in the defensive part.

Brown sugarcoating Monk for his presence in the bench taking "Mason Jones" role in a way.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
In other words, in the Sacramento era, coaches by percentage of .500+ seasons (full OR partial):

Rick Adelman: 100%
Mike Brown: 100%

Tyrone Corbin: 0%
Alvin Gentry: 0%
Rex Hughes: 0%
Dave Joerger: 0%
Phil Johnson: 0%
Eddie Jordan: 0%
George Karl: 0%
Michael Malone: 0%
Dick Motta: 0%
Eric Musselman: 0%
Kenny Natt: 0%
Jerry Reynolds: 0%
Bill Russell: 0%
Keith Smart: 0%
Garry St. Jean: 0%
Reggie Theus: 0%
Luke Walton: 0%
Paul Westphal: 0%

Jerry Reynolds is tied for third!

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
In other words, in the Sacramento era, coaches by percentage of .500+ seasons (full OR partial):

Mike Malone would have come in a clear third if only the weasel had fired him a few games earlier.

Good Lord. It's truly mind-boggling how we couldn't find a decent coach for so many years.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Also trying not to be terribly negative in a win, but when Keegan is dialed in from downtown it feels like we don’t do the best job of feeding him and testing the limits, 47 point outburst aside.
He only had 12 shot attempts in this game. He had no shots in the last five minutes of the game. It's a crime if he doesn't have 16+ shot attempts a game, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.