[Game] Kings @ Magic - 3/23/2024 - 4:00PM PST/7:00PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tough game, I’ll say it again we need 9 wins to lock up the 6th seed in my opinion. That means only 4 losses the rest of the way. We’ve been playing pretty good basketball in March, figure it out.

I hope I am wrong but it looks like we will lose. Orlando is a very physical team playing at home and can take advantage of the new "not so many fouls given" policy. So far the Kings have lost almost all physical games that I recall. 3 times vs the Rockets, once vs the Knicks, at Philly and the ones against the Pelicans.

Orlando wasn't playing so "physical" when we beat them at Sacramento, they came there as the team that hits the least 3 pointers in the league or something and set a franchise record with 25 only to lose in double overtime with some controversial calls at the end (for both sides) from the refs. In that match they were missing Cole Antony, Fultz, Ingles and Isaac while Frantz Wagner and Gary Harris were injured quite early in the game. Banchero was also injured (that shouted really loud and everyone on the arena and on tv heard about it), but he carried on and finished with a career high 43 points and I think a career high six made 3 pointers. Besides Boston, the Magic are on fire in 2024 in the East (along with the Knicks) having 18-5 since February 1st and 9-2 in March, winning their last 5 games with their latest one being a comfortable win against the Pelicans. They still want to win as many as possible since they are chasing Cavs (and Bucks perhaps) to avoid a meeting with the Celtics in the 2nd round of playoffs. Still they are not so far from the 7th place (currently sitting at 4th) and their last 4 matches are all difficult.

I don't think they will hit as many 3s as they did in the first match but having almost a full squad this time (only Harris is listed as questionable) they can hurt us a lot in the forward positions that they have many Frantz Wagner and Banchero, their two main weapons. Keegan will have to guard one of them but the other will fall on Barnes I guess (not so easy for Keon). Perhaps Kessler will be called at some point, but still not an easy task. Suggs is turning into a very solid defender, will make things hard for Fox (he did so in the first match, when Fox had 6/22 shots), but if Monk goes supernova again I doubt they can limit both of them at the same time. Sabonis in theory can dominate in the glass, I just hope they won't limit his role as creator cause this seems to be the key for everyone to make the Kings malfunction in offense lately.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I want to see Fox shoot the ball closer to 20 times a game, than 30. Act like a point guard, get into the paint, distribute the ball and trust your teammates; don't take guarded 3 pointers. I don't care if Murray misses five in a row - feed Murray the freaking ball and continue to feed Murray the ball until he's so sick of it he throws up on the floor. Murray should take 'em outside, inside and in-between-side. If anybody should be jacking up 3s on this team it's Monk, Murray and if he's not invisible, Barnes. Pass the ball to the open guy and if he's open he should shoot, regardless if that player is Ellis, Mitchell or Edwards. Also, it would be nice if the Kings could play some D and push the pace like their paycheck depends on it.

I want to see Fox shoot the ball closer to 20 times a game, than 30. Act like a point guard, get into the paint, distribute the ball and trust your teammates; don't take guarded 3 pointers. I don't care if Murray misses five in a row - feed Murray the freaking ball and continue to feed Murray the ball until he's so sick of it he throws up on the floor. Murray should take 'em outside, inside and in-between-side. If anybody should be jacking up 3s on this team it's Monk, Murray and if he's not invisible, Barnes. Pass the ball to the open guy and if he's open he should shoot, regardless if that player is Ellis, Mitchell or Edwards. Also, it would be nice if the Kings could play some D and push the pace like their paycheck depends on it.
Agreed. I think couple factors make me think Murray will GO OFF tonight -

1. He was efficient last game yet took just 11 shots. Will prob attempt more just due to that. (Hot shooting on low/mid attempts translates to more attempts next game is my theory)
2. Fox took 30 FGA last game. Better believe he's gonna correct that, maybe overcorrect that and shoot below 15/20 FGA.
3. It's Murray vs. Paolo. Murray was drafted behind him, is less hyped, AND they play the same position. If there's a matchup he's gonna have an extra push to attack it's this one.

I’m guessing Franz guards Murray. Orlando is a concerning matchup with the length to attack us on the wing and stoppers at the point. Don’t know if WCJr has the strength to handle Domas and that might be an advantage.

Monk might see this game as an audition however so we shall see how he plays

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Tough game, I’ll say it again we need 9 wins to lock up the 6th seed in my opinion. That means only 4 losses the rest of the way. We’ve been playing pretty good basketball in March, figure it out.
Yeah, and any wins against teams around them in terms of success need to be W's. I noticed around the turn of the year the Kings have been hovering around .500 ball according to the 10 game outlooks in the standings. They'll go up a few games at times, but usually then right back down. Jan and Feb the Kings were 14-13. This month they are about 3 games above that .500 mark so far.

I am hoping to see the second coming of Sasha Vezenkov tonight. I may have dueling screens with the Tar Heels due to play any minute now.

The Kings need to score from outside. Their best 3-points shooters in March have been Duarte, Ellis, and Barnes, all at 41% or above. No one else is shooting above 35%. That means Ellis needs to take the shot when he is open and not hesitate. (Duarte never has that problem.)

The main concern so far is that the Kings are giving an open buffet to the Magic at the 3 point line. If they start hitting those wide open shots this is going to change in a hurry.

This is kind of on Brown here. The Magic are basically just like the Wizards in terms of size and Brown throws a small G lineup at them. Getting pounded now.

Status
Not open for further replies.