[Game] Kings @ Knicks 2/2/13

Did the Jazz lose 3/4 of their games in January by double digits, some 20+ points?
No, the Jazz have been playing pretty well which is why the loss was so painful. I think coach Smart should be fired but I also don't think that one blowout should be the reason.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
No, the Jazz have been playing pretty well which is why the loss was so painful. I think coach Smart should be fired but I also don't think that one blowout should be the reason.
How about two? How about ten? Depending on how narrow or wide your definition is, you could make the case that we have more blowout losses than we have wins.

You know how Smart always points towards the other team's bench at the end of the game? I think 95% of the time it's like "Here ya go (insert random coach's name), I know how tough it is to get a win in the league. Here have one, courtesy of me!"

JR Smith this year is everything we wished MT was.
jr smith is shooting 40% from the field and 33 % from the 3pt line while averaging 33 min a game. Of course after this game his numbers will go up but u get the point. Keith smart's constant juggling of the lineups has affected everyone. Thornton is just as good as smith if not better considering his clutch ability.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
jr smith is shooting 40% from the field and 33 % from the 3pt line while averaging 33 min a game. Of course after this game his numbers will go up but u get the point. Keith smart's constant juggling of the lineups has affected everyone. Thornton is just as good as smith if not better considering his clutch ability.
Aye, but Smith has accepted his role, and Thornton is still sandy over not starting.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
One blowout? Where have you been?

It's more like the final straw to top off numerous uncompetitive games.

I'm not sure if you've been watching the Knicks games, but trust me when I say that Smith has done far far more to carry the team than Thornton has. When Anthony was out Smith stepped up big time and was the leader of the team. IMO he's also just as clutch or even more so than Thornton. He's hit a few game winners this season already. He also plays way better defense and attacks the rim as well. This is not the JR Smith of years past.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Who was the 2nd highest scorer? Granted most of the points came in garbage time but a lot were from 25 ft and further. There are a lot of reasons to demean that achievement but the achievement occurred just the same. I'm not sure what that means to our coaches decision making but I wish he would let Jimmer at least get warm because once warm, he misses very rarely. Sure he is not the greatest on defense but he won't get better sitting on the bench and I doubt very much he will learn in practice. He is NOT selfish like two other on the team and seems to have a sense of judgment otherwise called BBIQ.

This team is like crap and to let a guy who takes more shots than anyone else on the team continue to play when he is supposedly a pg is ridiculous. Maybe Jimmer won't evolove into a great player but you can't figure it out without letting him have some court time.

I had to find another reason to ***** about Smart so forgive me.

Who was the 2nd highest scorer? Granted most of the points came in garbage time but a lot were from 25 ft and further. There are a lot of reasons to demean that achievement but the achievement occurred just the same. I'm not sure what that means to our coaches decision making but I wish he would let Jimmer at least get warm because once warm, he misses very rarely. Sure he is not the greatest on defense but he won't get better sitting on the bench and I doubt very much he will learn in practice. He is NOT selfish like two other on the team and seems to have a sense of judgment otherwise called BBIQ.

This team is like crap and to let a guy who takes more shots than anyone else on the team continue to play when he is supposedly a pg is ridiculous. Maybe Jimmer won't evolove into a great player but you can't figure it out without letting him have some court time.

I wish Jimmer would get to shot 12-15 times just once with the starters. Jimmer can play and he knows how to pass the ball.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I wish Jimmer would get to shot 12-15 times just once with the starters. Jimmer can play and he knows how to pass the ball.
If he's getting 12-15 shots with the starters then he's just as big a problme as IT, without the quickness.

That slot needs an 8-10 shot guy, tops.

Jimmer is a great shooter, yes. However, that's his problem as with most streaky shooters. Jimmer needs time to get warm. Meaning he needs to come in and take shots -- In the mean time, taking shots away from DMC and Reke. We need him to come in, get others involved and take the shots as they come to him... NOT trying to come in and shoot 28-foot 3-pointers so he can get on a hot streak.

BTW, this is not a thread defending IT or Brooks either.

Speaking of IT, why in the world did he play the entire 4th quarter tonight? Those 12 minutes could've gone to someone else, since IT is a freaking starter!

If he's getting 12-15 shots with the starters then he's just as big a problme as IT, without the quickness.

You're not wrong. I do think, though that you could easily plug Jimmer in as a backcourt guy next to Tyreke and he would defer to Tyreke as the primary playmaker. Brooks did that to a large extent as well. IT does not.

He would have to play 30+ minutes to get that many shots and he wouldn't be looking for his own shot like IT is. There are several possessions a game where nobody but IT touches the ball. In fact the only time he seems to pass is when his shot is completely taken away.

Jimmer can get his own shot just as easily as IT can. He was the focus of every defense in college and averaged 30 a game. He chooses not to jack up shots, especially when the he is in with the other starters.

You're not wrong. I do think, though that you could easily plug Jimmer in as a backcourt guy next to Tyreke and he would defer to Tyreke as the primary playmaker. Brooks did that to a large extent as well. IT does not.
I think he would too but Tyreke ans Demarcus both look for Jimmer when they get double teamed.

Glenn

Hall of Famer

I agree with this but somehow we have to straighten out the MT/Jimmer problem. Jimmer would be very good off the bench as a pg, yes I said it, and I think unlike MT, seems to know more than just shooting. He could be a pg against the opposing team's 2nd string guards. I don't know what has happened to MT but his game is deteriorating and seriously I am not rooting for Jimmer to get a place in the rotation at the expense of MT. I want MT to solve his problem and it may be by trade.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
He would have to play 30+ minutes to get that many shots and he wouldn't be looking for his own shot like IT is. There are several possessions a game where nobody but IT touches the ball. In fact the only time he seems to pass is when his shot is completely taken away.

Jimmer can get his own shot just as easily as IT can. He was the focus of every defense in college and averaged 30 a game. He chooses not to jack up shots, especially when the he is in with the other starters.
It's all well, and to the good, that Fredette "chooses" not to jack up shots, but you specifically stated that you wanted him to take 12-15 as a starter:

... which is as good as saying you want him to jack up shots. Which brings us right back to Bricklayer's post.

It's all well, and to the good, that Fredette "chooses" not to jack up shots, but you specifically stated that you wanted him to take 12-15 as a starter:

... which is as good as saying you want him to jack up shots. Which brings us right back to Bricklayer's post.
I don't want it to be a regular thing.....just once. I don't want him to average that or have that be the game plan every game. IT get's to do it outside of an offensive flow every single night.