[Game] GAME: Kings at Nuggets, 1/4 @ 6PM

That's part of why Cousins looks so poor. Out on the wing looking for nonexistent cutters, which effectively turns into an iso 18 ft from the basket. How is that playing to Cousins strengths?
It's not, he was quoted before the season started as he'd be playing in the block more. It's not his fault, I don't think even this team means to play so much iso offense. it's just the other 4 guys with the ball seemingly never know where they should be on the court. DMC is usually calling for the block down low when he can and he gets fed when the players can get there because he is the only person they seem to be able to count on to find at any time even if he doesn't convert currently.. it's sad to watch so many guys on this team lost offensively

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Seems to me the starters took the attitude of, "if you're not starting Cousins, you're not trying to win, or put our best on the floor, so if you're giving up before the game even starts, why should we give 110% for you"?

Which of course throws everything off for the entire team. Can't say I blame them. This has turned into a toxic situation.

J

jdbraver

That's part of why Cousins looks so poor. Out on the wing looking for nonexistent cutters, which effectively turns into an iso 18 ft from the basket. How is that playing to Cousins strengths?
Thank god we have that huge summer of free agency coming up...oh wait

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
It's not, he was quoted before the season started as he'd be playing in the block more. It's not his fault, I don't think even this team means to play so much iso offense. it's just the other 4 guys with the ball seemingly never know where they should be on the court. DMC is usually calling for the block down low when he can and he gets fed when the players can get there because he is the only person they seem to be able to count on to find at any time even if he doesn't convert currently.. it's sad to watch so many guys on this team lost offensively
I don't think anyone is being used correctly, or anyone knows what to do. Cousins was just an example. Boy is this a mess.

Yes. This makes me nuts. Cousins is constantly above the ft line, or out in the corner when he gets the ball. Makes no CENTS.

Edit: should have replied to the post you replied to.

Yup, going to get torn a new butthole by Beno tomorrow (there's a joke in there somewhere). On another note, who's looking forward to this game this season?:

Old picture: I mean Versus the Heat.

I don't think anyone is being used correctly, or anyone knows what to do. Cousins was just an example. Boy is this a mess.
We have a young team in a free-lance offense. They can do what they want, I have to believe there is 0 coaching on spacing or where you should be at any given moment or where you want to work to be

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
We have a young team in a free-lance offense. They can do what they want, I have to believe there is 0 coaching on spacing or where you should be at any given moment or where you want to work to be
Something I don't think anyone can argue against, is that there hasn't been any improvement in spacing/off ball movement since Westy came here, aside from maybe a 20 game stretch last year.

Watching game on League Pass w/ Nuggets announcers. Color analysts says:

"You get the ball out to Evans or Thornton, and these guys just will not pass it. If you're the Nuggets, you've got to know that. There is a reason this Kings team averages more turnovers than assists."

Telling, isn't it?

Watching game on League Pass w/ Nuggets announcers. Color analysts says:

"You get the ball out to Evans or Thornton, and these guys just will not pass it. If you're the Nuggets, you've got to know that. There is a reason this Kings team averages more turnovers than assists."

Telling, isn't it?
Srs, They've mentioned this about 4 times so far

Pass was deflected fyi
What's your point? That it wasn't a turnover? Because it was. That a deflection somehow makes it ok? That a pass made in the area of extremities of the opposing team voids criticizing of said pass? A 3-1 fastbreak should always end in a score. Jesus Christ... let's keep making excuses.