Kings players not happy about move either

An owner is going to do whats best for them at the end of the day and whether it's a fan or a player not wanting something to happen it won't matter, it's the cold truth. Good to hear them voicing their support.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Nobody enjoys moving. It can be very stressful under the best of conditions. I am not surprised they say what they say. It's natural. It's nice to hear though.

An owner is going to do whats best for them at the end of the day and whether it's a fan or a player not wanting something to happen it won't matter, it's the cold truth. Good to hear them voicing their support.
The Maloofs are doing what they "think" is best for their financial empire. What's best for the team has nothing to do with it.

Why do you think that the Kings will leave, if they leave?
Because they can. Because they could have left a year ago, two years ago, three years ago, etc. Because they need a new arena and working with pathetic City of Sacramento to develop a plan for over a decade has gotten absolutely nowhere. Because over a year ago the NCAA declared the old Arena no longer acceptable for their collegiate sports. Because NBA eventually will do the same and FORCE the Kings out of sorry cow dung pasture Sacramento, even it they wanted to stay.

Because they can. Because they could have left a year ago, two years ago, three years ago, etc. Because they need a new arena and working with pathetic City of Sacramento to develop a plan for over a decade has gotten absolutely nowhere. Because over a year ago the NCAA declared the old Arena no longer acceptable for their collegiate sports. Because NBA eventually will do the same and FORCE the Kings out of sorry cow dung pasture Sacramento, even it they wanted to stay.
Ok I get your point about the arena but why the need to insult the city and the area? That is different than insulting the city or Sac/politicians IMO. I don't get the need to do that. To me that sounds like a fan that dislikes the city and wants them to move to a certain area. Yeah, we need a new arena, we get it. But you dont have to take shots at the area/town, when your beef is supposedly with the politicians. And yeah, Sac without the Kings will be really boring. But that doesnt sound like your point IMO.

Ok I get your point about the arena but why the need to insult the city and the area? That is different than insulting the city or Sac/politicians IMO. I don't get the need to do that. To me that sounds like a fan that dislikes the city and wants them to move to a certain area. Yeah, we need a new arena, we get it. But you dont have to take shots at the area/town, when your beef is supposedly with the politicians. And yeah, Sac without the Kings will be really boring. But that doesnt sound like your point IMO.
I live in the county, very near city line. I think if someone does same thing over and over expecting a different result they are ______. Fill in the word you like, Einstein called it "insane." The city voters keep putting same old worthless politicians on "their" City Council with no vision, anti-biz, and more obstructionist than executing long-term planning to get a new arena - or anything else done. Of course, Mayor KJ has tried but he's too little, to late it appears, and it was his top aid Graswich who just summed up his plan for Kings with - "good riddance." The mayors spokesperson has no problem endlessly slamming Kings and Maloofs like the blittering idiot he is. I have no problem putting it right back on him and those like him who keep this place permanently small-minded, brain-dead, turf battling, down in the dumps second rate - and looking insane to the rest of the world.

The players are comfortable and settled in at their places in Sacramento. I can understand them being bummed that there's a very good possibility that they will be looking for a new place. As soon as they see the OC 'Riviera' or Anaheim Hills they will change their minds.

Why do you think that the Kings will leave, if they leave?

IMO the Maloofs are finished with Sacramento and want a fresh beginning. They see a financial glass ceiling over them if they stay in Sacramento. They feel the Anaheim move will help them get to much needed capital much faster than if they stay in Sac town. Anaheim may provide them with new/other business opportunities. Like I've said before its 'who you know'.

The players are comfortable and settled in at their places in Sacramento. I can understand them being bummed that there's a very good possibility that they will be looking for a new place. As soon as they see the OC 'Riviera' or Anaheim Hills they will change their minds.
I agree. Big downside is horrendous traffic down south like was mentioned by Voisin regarding possible commute by Coach Westphal. Other big downside is Kings players/organization that own homes in Sac area purchased in early/mid-2000s. They are going to take a bath if they sell but ones that are multi-millionaries, it's hard to feel very sorry for.

I agree. Big downside is horrendous traffic down south like was mentioned by Voisin regarding possible commute by Coach Westphal. Other big downside is Kings players/organization that own homes in Sac area purchased in early/mid-2000s. They are going to take a bath if they sell but ones that are multi-millionaries, it's hard to feel very sorry for.
They could chip in and take chopper to the arena like Kobe does lol

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
It's a mixed blessing really. Home prices are still astronomical in the affluent parts of So Cal even after the recession. Nice places to live, sure, but they're going to have to pay for it if they want to own a house there. Even renting an apartment will cost them twice what they're paying now for the same size place.

It's a mixed blessing really. Home prices are still astronomical in the affluent parts of So Cal even after the recession. Nice places to live, sure, but they're going to have to pay for it if they want to own a house there. Even renting an apartment will cost them twice what they're paying now for the same size place.
True. The young kids will feel it right off the bat. The OC is expensive.

IMO the Maloofs are finished with Sacramento and want a fresh beginning. They see a financial glass ceiling over them if they stay in Sacramento. They feel the Anaheim move will help them get to much needed capital much faster than if they stay in Sac town. Anaheim may provide them with new/other business opportunities. Like I've said before its 'who you know'.
Its not that simple. Unfortunately, I agree that it appears that Maloofs are finished with Sacramento. I say unfortunately because in large part both parties had it made. Sacramento has its NBA team that pumps $$$ into the local economy and Maloofs had by far the best fans in the whole country.

Somewhere along the way the relationship has soured and aunfortunately, its almost reached the point of no return.

But make no mistake, moving to OC is not all beer and skittles. Its a VERY risky move. Potentially, a more prosperous move in terms of money but the risk is very high. You are moving the team into area that has no affiliation with the current team and in fact has been barracking against them and for their arch rival for a quarter of a century.

I think in all this, Maloofs will end up losing the team which is not a bad thing in itself but its not a good thing for Sacramento. In a couple of years time Samueli will own the Kings, Maloofs will be out the door and the biggest loser in all of this could very well be Sacramento.

If only there was a modern arena in Sacramento, then none of this crap would even be an issue at the moment.

Tyreke will feel right at home driving through compton.
Are you kidding? Compton is nowhere near Orange County, especially its nice beach areas. That slum is not far from The Forum where Lakers played for ages and just up the road a bit is The Staples Center which is in a remarkably revitalized zone.

But make no mistake, moving to OC is not all beer and skittles. Its a VERY risky move. Potentially, a more prosperous move in terms of money but the risk is very high. You are moving the team into area that has no affiliation with the current team and in fact has been barracking against them and for their arch rival for a quarter of a century.
If the Maloofs ever think that they'll get a crowd in OC like the one in Sac tonight, for team that was 21-54, they're extremely mistaken...

Because the Maloofs are going broke and think Anaheim will solve their problems? I thought that was pretty obvious.
So in your opinion, the fact that the team needed a new arena and for various reasons didn't get it hasn't played a role in this matter? Do you think that if a new arena had been built sometime in the past 14 years, the Kings would still be seeking to relocate right now?

I agree with you, but shhhh, don't tell Rookie just yet. I'm just checking to see if he is truly open to seeing all sides of the situation, or focusing solely on blaming the Maloofs for being robber barons.

Its not that simple. Unfortunately, I agree that it appears that Maloofs are finished with Sacramento. I say unfortunately because in large part both parties had it made. Sacramento has its NBA team that pumps $$$ into the local economy and Maloofs had by far the best fans in the whole country.

Somewhere along the way the relationship has soured and aunfortunately, its almost reached the point of no return.

I think in all this, Maloofs will end up losing the team which is not a bad thing in itself but its not a good thing for Sacramento. In a couple of years time Samueli will own the Kings, Maloofs will be out the door and the biggest loser in all of this could very well be Sacramento.

If only there was a modern arena in Sacramento, then none of this crap would even be an issue at the moment.
Plus one. Great post dude, I agree 100% with you.