[Game] Preseason Game 6: Clippers Vs. Kings

haha ya the al farouq aminu shot reminded me of robert horrys :( but right when that happened i knew tyreke evans was going to have the ball and make a game winner ;) Reke just lives for that moment!

Really nice game for Omri. Grabbed critical boards down the stretch and was very active as usual on both ends. Donte too often looks like he's playing in slow motion compared to Om this preseason. Still, if it's going to be Greene starting and Casspi off the bench to light his own and teams fire - I'm okay with that! DJax has a nice stint too and showed he's a solid pro who actually might make Kings fans forget the guy he was traded for. DMC now knows he has a lot on his shoulders at least for first part of season and seems ready for the huge challenge - getting one tonight from Kaman. Noticed Cuz mostly kept his hands from flailing around too much to pick up ticky tac fouls plus hit his FT chances (6for6). Beno got off a bit slow but his vet leadership was obvious out there - and needed. Cisco was a factor as well. Reke was Reke, especially when really needed to do what he does.

Really nice game for Omri. Grabbed critical boards down the stretch and was very active as usual on both ends. Donte too often looks like he's playing in slow motion compared to Om this preseason. Still, if it's going to be Greene starting and Casspi off the bench to light his own and teams fire - I'm okay with that! DJax has a nice stint too and showed he's a solid pro who actually might make Kings fans forget the guy he was traded for. DMC now knows he has a lot on his shoulders at least for first part of season and seems ready for the huge challenge - getting one tonight from Kaman. Noticed Cuz mostly kept his hands from flailing around too much to pick up ticky tac fouls plus hit his FT chances (6for6). Beno got off a bit slow but his vet leadership was obvious out there - and needed. Cisco was a factor as well. Reke was Reke, especially when really needed to do what he does.
I think that coming off the bench is indeed a good role for Omri, and I hope that Westphal sticks with it. As long as Omri (and the other players as well) knows his role there is less chance of ego issues that distract him from playing his best. This is one of the things in which PW is responsible for the turmoil that this team went through in the second half of last season - yes, these players are young and you can't set their roles in stone, but also because they are young it is important to make it perfectly clear to them what their role is, and not have a player be a starter for one game, 10th man in the next, and then starter again, only to be yanked out after 5 minutes for the rest of the game. I hope that this season both Omri and Donte learn their role, embrace it, and get to settle into it. This can only be good for the team.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
It's a shame that Centers & Power Forwards will destroy us for a little while until Dalembert comes back.
Destroy is a relative term. We will at least put up more of a fight in the front court than we did last year and the year before that and the one before that, well, pretty much any year since we traded Webb.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Hey, just be glad Griffin wasn't in this game.
I kind of was and kind of wasn't. 50/50 on it, I did want to see him play some more against our bigs just so they can get a feel of how he is going to play against tem and what not, on the other hand it would be an embarrassing effort on their part attempting to box him out and not have him dunk on our faces atleast twice.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Destroy is a relative term. We will at least put up more of a fight in the front court than we did last year and the year before that and the one before that, well, pretty much any year since we traded Webb.
I believe it. I hope to see Hassan in there for some spot minutes to alter some shots and all that good stuff.