Cousins muscling his way to Sac?

True, but it looks like it may be a contingency plan. If Cousins is gone it looks like we'll either pick Monroe or trade down.

http://twitter.com/samickFanHouse

"On that Kings front, here's the info I've gathered: The 1-2 wish list for No. 5 pick is Kentucky's Cousins and Georgetown's Monroe."

"That being said, Kings hoops prez Geoff Petrie Is believed to be very open to moving the pick. "
WHY move this pick when it looks highly possible the exact kind of player we desperately need could be available??? If geoff moves this pick and it doesn't result in the kind of big this team needs, I think I'm done with this team until he lazily wanders off into the team tunnel for the last time.

Yeah if Cousins is there you take him period. No trading away to avoid him or going with less gifted safer guys. I don't really see the problem. Petrie loved Noah back in 2007 and was hoping he would fall to the Kings. Noah is a similar goofy headache inducing kind of guy in his early career. The difference is that Cousins has more talent on offense coming in and less than Noah on defense.

WHY move this pick when it looks highly possible the exact kind of player we desperately need could be available??? If geoff moves this pick and it doesn't result in the kind of big this team needs, I think I'm done with this team until he lazily wanders off into the team tunnel for the last time.
It seems to me, that he is NOT going to move the pick unless Cousins is gone. In which case moving down would still secure a big (Monroe or Whiteside) and a few additional pieces or the dumping of a bad contract.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
It seems to me, that he is NOT going to move the pick unless Cousins is gone. In which case moving down would still secure a big (Monroe or Whiteside) and a few additional pieces or the dumping of a bad contract.
Shhh. Don't interrupt everyone's moment of indignant anger.:cool:

that's definitely the million dollar question right there is this dependet on cousins being gone. if he's there we'd be crazy to do it. if he isn't then it comes down to basically prince+whiteside+noc gone or Wesley Johnson/Greg Monroe. I'm pretty high on whiteside and think he has potential in the league and isn't as bad on offense as some think he is. so far the order seems to be cousins>Monroe>whiteside. hopefully this next workout drops Monroe and kind of reveals monroes weaknesses to geoff and we get cousins.

I bet all my hair on my head(not eye brows) that this is the case.

If it goes wall, turner, favors, Johnson, Petrie will take cousins. No doubt in my mind. At all.
I do have a tiny doubt, because of Petrie's reputation of aquiring soft bigs such as Spencer Hawes and Brad Miller. In the case that Cousins is passed on for Monroe, whenever I hear about the 'Sacramento Kings', I will also think of a big, fluffy marshmallow...

Last edited:
Cousins vs. Favors in HS

Heya folks, check this clip out. Cousins displays his full arsenal here on both sides of the floor. Look at the ball handling and passing skills from the big guy, and check out the move he put on Favors around the 4 minute mark! Sorry if it's been posted before, it's the first time I've seen it.

[yt=Cousins vs Favors in HS]b-yCp9I85aE[/yt]

Heya folks, check this clip out. Cousins displays his full arsenal here on both sides of the floor. Look at the ball handling and passing skills from the big guy, and check out the move he put on Favors around the 4 minute mark! Sorry if it's been posted before, it's the first time I've seen it.

[yt=Cousins vs Favors in HS]b-yCp9I85aE[/yt]
I had not seen that. Thanks for posting that. I want him even more now!

We also have to remember that Perie coveted Nene. And I'm telling you if a guy likes Nene and Noah, he better darn well like Cousins even more. He has way more mobility, handling and touch than Nene. This isn't Chris Washburn here. This guy has game and knows how to play. I think the only worry I would have about him is being able to stay out foul trouble enough to stay on the court for 35+ minutes a game.

I do have a tiny doubt, because of Petrie's reputation of aquiring soft bigs such as Spencer Hawes and Brad Miller. In the case that Cousins is passed on for Monroe, whenever I hear about the 'Sacramento Kings', I will also think of a big, fluffy marshmallow...
You have to remember that it's not who he picks, it's who he passes to pick that particular person. I vividly remember my anger when Noah was picked by Chi right before us. I had an inkling it would happen, but Chi needed a post threat (and still do), and I thought they might have gone w/Hawes since he was touted as being advanced in the post (har har har). Who we passed on was Al Thornton, NOT Noah.

Brad Miller actually had a rep as a pretty physical guy in Chicago/Ind. It wasn't until he got here that he turned into a softie.

With the most recent additions of Tyreke, Casspi, and Brock, it's not a matter of choosing softies vs toughness, it's the amount of skill you perceive to give up to get that toughness.

I think that Petrie will take Cousins if he is there. If he doesn't, it's not because he's tough, but b/c Petrie does not think Cousins will succeed as much as someone else. But I think Minn will take Johnson, and we take Cousins.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Cuz showed that besides being a bruiser, he was skilled as well.

I think the reason he hasnt been called in for a second workout is that GP has in fact made up his mind on him. IF he's gone at 4, thats when trading down for Monroe or Whiteside or whoever happens.

If Minny likes Wes so much, then we need to get him in for a workout and put the muscle on them so to speak. Otherwise it wouldnt surprise me if someone jumps over us for their pick.

7 days.

OMGICANTWAAAAIT!!!

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Wow. The agent is NOT saying that. That's a pretty serious and completely unwarranted stretch from what was reported in the article - which is that the agent does not want Cousins to work out in Minnesota because the agent does not believe that Minnesota will draft him. An agent not wanting to waste the time and energy of his client is a far, far cry from dictating where a player will and will not sign.
So Minnesota just wants him there for cannon fodder? Seems like a weak excuse by the agent.

I'm pretty sure not working him out means he's not considering him.
In Petrie's interview he said that there were a couple of players that he wanted to come in for a workout that couldn't for different reasons (didn't say who). He also said that not having a player in for a workout wouldn't keep him from drafting the player.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
In Petrie's interview he said that there were a couple of players that he wanted to come in for a workout that couldn't for different reasons (didn't say who). He also said that not having a player in for a workout wouldn't keep him from drafting the player.
Thanks for the info.

Personally I think that's a cover up. He didn't take Marcus Williams when he fell all the way to 23(?), and he was invited to the Green Room. In hindsight it's easy to say who cares about Marcus Williams, but let me remind everyone that that happens to be the same draft that we took Douby. I'd still take Marcus Williams over Douby

Personally I think that's a cover up. He didn't take Marcus Williams when he fell all the way to 23(?), and he was invited to the Green Room. In hindsight it's easy to say who cares about Marcus Williams, but let me remind everyone that that happens to be the same draft that we took Douby. I'd still take Marcus Williams over Douby
and that would still get you nothing...

That's not the point. We didn't take Williams because we didn't work him out. He was invited to the Green Room, so was obviously considered one of the best prospects at the time
its not like GP was the only one to pass on him... he was obviously viewed as being less then what he was hyped up to be at the time.

its not like GP was the only one to pass on him... he was obviously viewed as being less then what he was hyped up to be at the time.
Yeah, I understand that side of it too. I just think when you have a chance to land a projected lottery pick when you're picking in the late teens, you take it.

Anyway this is getting a bit off course. Basically I'm just worried that us not working out Johnson will come back to bite us you know where. If Cousins is gone, Johnson is BPA and I just don't want to see us draft Monroe with Johnson still there

Yeah, I understand that side of it too. I just think when you have a chance to land a projected lottery pick when you're picking in the late teens, you take it.

Anyway this is getting a bit off course. Basically I'm just worried that us not working out Johnson will come back to bite us you know where. If Cousins is gone, Johnson is BPA and I just don't want to see us draft Monroe with Johnson still there
i think you take johnson anyways and, if need be, trade him for additional pieces/picks.