Kings Secure Sole Possession of 3rd Spot

I know it's been difficult watching the Kings lose so much recently. But due to the wins by both Washington and Golden State, the Kings now have the 3rd best shot of getting the #1 pick or winning the draft lottery.

We all know how things played out last year, but I'm so very happy that we've again positioned ourselves to be in as good a position as possible to greatly increase the talent level of this team. If things go well, we could pick up another elite talent and be looking forward to the playoffs for years to come.

The last two days have been fantastic for the Kings future. And it's one which I'm really looking forward to.

Once the draft lottery takes place on May 18th, we'll finally know where we are positioned.

Here's hoping for the best.

GO KINGS!

IF we get a top 4 pick, I think we're going to be on our way by next year. I don't know about the playoffs necessarily, but we'll be ready to start writing the book about our ascent into contender status.

S

sactownfan

well the good news is theres no tie breaker.... that didn't work out to good for us last time... GW and WAS really came clutch tonight.... !!!!

NO TIE BREAKERS!!!!

The harsh part is there is still a decently large chance of falling out of the top 4, which I'm sure would cause bunches and bunches of angry Kings fans and a few more conspiracy theorists. Just gotta be happy because just a little while back we were looking at 6-10 pick.

I am so thankful GS and Washington didn't get the memo. You can have ROY Curry.....I'd much rather have the higher draft pick and I'm sure Reke feels the same way...at least I hope he does :)

The harsh part is there is still a decently large chance of falling out of the top 4, which I'm sure would cause bunches and bunches of angry Kings fans and a few more conspiracy theorists. Just gotta be happy because just a little while back we were looking at 6-10 pick.
We'll know a lot more after the lottery. But it's possible that either Favors or Cousins could fall to 5 if a team really needs a SF and selects Wes Johnson or shoots for Aminu's potential somewhere between 1 and 4.

For me personally, the best thing I can do is to accept the fact that we might pick 5th and think of how we could still end up with Favors/Cousins.
Regardless, having sole possession of the 3rd spot is absolutely huge.

Here are our ODDS

With 3rd worst record, these are the Kings chances going into lotto day:

Odds of #1: 15.6%!!!
Odds of #2: 15.7%!!
Odds of #3: 15.6%!
Odds of #4: 22.6%
Odds of #5: 26.5%
Odds of $6: 4%

Odds of a Top 1-2 pick: 31.3%!!!
Odds of a Top 1-3 pick: 46.9%!!

Odds of a Top 4 pick: 69.5%
Odds of a Top 5 pick: 96%

Odds of #6: 4%
Let's hope C-Webb isn't representing us again.... :rolleyes:

Is Darrick Martin or Scot Pollard available? :D

We'll know a lot more after the lottery. But it's possible that either Favors or Cousins could fall to 5 if a team really needs a SF and selects Wes Johnson or shoots for Aminu's potential somewhere between 1 and 4.

For me personally, the best thing I can do is to accept the fact that we might pick 5th and think of how we could still end up with Favors/Cousins.
Regardless, having sole possession of the 3rd spot is absolutely huge.
I'm trying to accept the fact that we would be picking 5th. If just one of either MIN or NJN get into the top 3, and we don't, then that would stick us at 5th.

I would be very happy with Cousins or Favors, but I am hoping that Jonson isn't left for us. I like what he has to offer but the last thing we need is another SF.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Thank you GS, and thank you Washington.

I am hoping we end up with Big Cuz. Methinks he would help in the toughness/rebounding/dominant bigman department.

well the good news is theres no tie breaker.... that didn't work out to good for us last time... GW and WAS really came clutch tonight.... !!!!

NO TIE BREAKERS!!!!
Yah i know.. Remember back a couple years when we lost it? That cost of Joakim Noah!! :( Imagine a team with Evans, and Noah on it... + a top 4 pick this year... Yikes..

Odds of #4: 22.6%
Odds of #5: 26.5%
Odds of $6: 4%

Odds of a Top 1-3 pick: 46.9%!!

Odds of a Top 4 pick: 69.5%
Odds of a Top 5 pick: 96%
...Or maybe you could say it's looking pretty darn good since (almost guaranteed we know who #1 and #2 picks will be):

31.3% chance John Wall or Evan Turner will be in a Kings uniform!!!

46.9% chance Derrick Favors or DeMarcus Cousins will be a King!!

69.5% chance one of those four named is likely headed to Sac!

96% chance the worst being Kings end up with Wes Johnson, Donatas Motiejunas, Cole Aldrich, Hassan Whiteside, Greg Monroe, or some sort of pick up the pieces Petrie magic...

Last edited:
I am so thankful GS and Washington didn't get the memo. You can have ROY Curry.....I'd much rather have the higher draft pick and I'm sure Reke feels the same way...at least I hope he does :)
No offense but I don't think he would. The guy wanted ROY pretty bad and I would too if I was him, I'd be pissed if they gave it to Curry but because GSW finished with a better record than us they might. I feel bad for Reke, because of our craptastic team he might get jipped out of the award.

we better get top 3, i already lost a bet with my friend over who would have more wins this season, us or the warriors. if he has bragging rights that his team sucks less, and they somehow jump past us and get a higher pick, i would be pissed. heres to 1 year of putting up with him and many years of winning kings basketball with a duo of evans and wall/turner/favors/cousins :D