LOTTERY ALERT!! - 2010 WNBA Draft Lottery.....

Sue Bird Hosed Nicole....

Swin Cash was this year's ASG MVP, not Bird.

The ASG was an impressive performance for Nicole because no one was really even looking for her and she pretty much Stole 21 points. No thanks to Sue Bird, who pretty much took the took the ball out of Nicole's hands and SPOON-Fed Swin Cash allowing her to score 1 more point than Nicole and earn MVP honors. I don't think Nicole even touched the Ball the last 2 minutes of the ball game.
Which is why IMHO Sue Bird gets a Big Fat SCREW YOU

If there's one thing I noticed in the ASG, is that: when on the floor with another offensive threat or threats, NP can really shine since she won't be the focus of the defense. That is why I think we should seriously consider getting a potent 2 guard or whatever to complement her.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
If there's one thing I noticed in the ASG, is that: when on the floor with another offensive threat or threats, NP can really shine since she won't be the focus of the defense. That is why I think we should seriously consider getting a potent 2 guard or whatever to complement her.

Excellent point and suggestion, mdme.

Was talking to Ticha at the Kings game on Fri. 2 things she mentioned:

1. At this point, she figures we get Charles or Appel. Then she mentioned that we'll have to see if anyone else emerges during the season this year.

2. She said (in reference to Powell's 48 pts) that it was false advertising. lol. The stats that were referenced were for a 3 game period.

Excellent point and suggestion, mdme.

Was talking to Ticha at the Kings game on Fri. 2 things she mentioned:

1. At this point, she figures we get Charles or Appel. Then she mentioned that we'll have to see if anyone else emerges during the season this year.

2. She said (in reference to Powell's 48 pts) that it was false advertising. lol. The stats that were referenced were for a 3 game period.
Maybe we can do something along the likes of:

1) make a trade to get a good offensive threat esp at the 2 guard position (zellous maybe) since we can make a great frontline of Appel (Charles) / Brunson / Powell

2) make a trade to get a high enough draft pick (Minny's #4 comes to mind) and get that scoring two

or any of the above combination.

Okay Powell Stays...

All of those suggestions are good one's.

As of right now, no one really stands out enough to trade for the #4 pick in the draft. And we are drafting high enough that whatever we could have taken at the #4 pick we can get a similar quality pick in the first part of the 2nd round.

Since the consensus is that Powell Stays, good enough… I am convinced. So the question then becomes, is Lawson expendable?
I think she is. I am confused about her Contract status. I thought she signed an extension that expired this off-season. If her contract is up do we resign her? Do we do a sign and trade?

Which brings me to my next point, Is it better to trade for experience at the 2 guard or draft it? I think we would do better making a trade because we are gonna have to free up roster space to make room for people. It is better to get something in return for what we are letting go rather than letting them walk for nothing.

And finally, do we leave Maiga at the 2 and bring in a streaky player off the bench, even if my fantasy comes true and we land Wiggins? I have always been fond of Tan White. She is smaller Like Lawson but boy can she explode to the basket. Armintie Price is another who I think can thrive in our System. I mention these players because we may not, correction Probably won't be able to score a Wiggins/Hornbuckle-like trade. But if we look at these types of players, we may be able to score 2011 draft picks also. This is important because there are some NICE PG's coming out in that draft, and we need to look at that position on the floor. I don't see Ticha playing another 2 seasons, tho I might be wrong. I don't believe she'll be able too. And Who knows with Haynie.

I just hope that Whiz is minding the Store this off-season. I keep thinking back to the 2008 season. Alana Beard was so distressed about the conditions in Washington she probably would have crawled over Broken Glass to get out. To me that's when we could have struck a deal to send Lawson and get back an explosive player.

I am all for showing Loyalty to players, don't get me wrong. But We shouldn't have had to struggle this badly before considering major changes. These problems didn't just occur last season. The were problems in 2006-2009. They just got exacerbated because of Injury. Whiz gets the benefit of the doubt right now.

Prince, Wright and possibly Raven are I can see easily being better than any of our SG's we have, given some time. If we can get the #4 w/o giving up Brunson, I'm all for grabbing them.