Q & A with Tyreke

HE just chatted with the "Buzzmaster" on ESPN.com. Also took some questions from fans.

Buzzmaster: Tyreke Evans is up!

Kevan (Atlanta): Tyreke, do you really want to play the point in the NBA?

Tyreke Evans: If I have to. I will. It's not a problem. I loved playing the point in Memphis. I played the point in high school. If the coach wants me to, I'll do a good job at it.

Mitch (Chicago): can you have the same success Derek Rose had in his first season?

Tyreke Evans: Derrick Rose is a good player. I'm looking forward to coming in and doing the same thing. Making my team better and winning as many games as we can.

Jared (Sacramento): tyreke, how do you feel about sacramento? i live in sac and its cool to see you come here, what do you think?

Tyreke Evans: I feel pretty good. That's where I wanted to go. That's the place that I wanted to go. There's a good system for the Kings. We're going to be pretty good.

Matt (Jersey): What nba player do you compare yourself most to?

Tyreke Evans: LeBron James type. Tracey McGrady. I compare to those guys a lot.

Doctor J (Milwaukee): How will you change the team?

Tyreke Evans: I think my scoring ability and my size and strength and passing ability. I think that's the key to coming in and changing the game around.

Dan (Utah): Tyreke, do you know you're immediate future plans. When do you travel to Sacramento and start working?

Tyreke Evans: I'm leaving tomorrow morning at 8. I don't know what's next after that. But I'll be out there to get ready for work.

Andrew [via mobile]: Tyreke how was your draft experience? Were you nervous?

Tyreke Evans: I wasn't nervous. I was just excited and wanted to know what team I would play for. I had a lot of fun with the guys that were there. I'm looking forward to playing in the NBA.

Tyreke Evans: Keep cheering for me.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
HE just chatted with the "Buzzmaster" on ESPN.com. Also took some questions from fans.

Tyreke Evans: If I have to. I will. It's not a problem. I loved playing the point in Memphis. I played the point in high school. If the coach wants me to, I'll do a good job at it.

Mitch (Chicago): can you have the same success Derek Rose had in his first season?

Tyreke Evans: Derrick Rose is a good player. I'm looking forward to coming in and doing the same thing. Making my team better and winning as many games as we can.

Jared (Sacramento): tyreke, how do you feel about sacramento? i live in sac and its cool to see you come here, what do you think?

Tyreke Evans: I feel pretty good. That's where I wanted to go. That's the place that I wanted to go. There's a good system for the Kings. We're going to be pretty good.

Tyreke Evans: I think my scoring ability and my size and strength and passing ability. I think that's the key to coming in and changing the game around.

Dan (Utah): Tyreke, do you know you're immediate future plans. When do you travel to Sacramento and start working?

Tyreke Evans: I'm leaving tomorrow morning at 8. I don't know what's next after that. But I'll be out there to get ready for work.

Tyreke Evans: I wasn't nervous. I was just excited and wanted to know what team I would play for. I had a lot of fun with the guys that were there. I'm looking forward to playing in the NBA.

I think he'll do just fine. He worked hard to prove himself to the Kings. Now all he has to do is prove himself to some of the fans.

:)

I've got no problem with Tyreke playing PG for us, but he DID just say he's more like a TMAC LeBron player ... That doesn't exactly spell point guard

gunks

Hall of Famer

At least he didnt say John Salmons or Larry Hughes!!! :p

Hoping he can back that up with his play.

Honestly, if he can run the pick-and-roll, command an occasional double-team, defend respectably, get to the basket, and develop a decent jumper, he'll be as good as an poing guard in the league. None of those things is out of the question with this guy.

I like this pick.