Draft NEEDS!!!

As you guys well know, its a MUST we target a big man that can clog up the lane. Don't think you can disagree there when talking about the team's needs. Are there any specific big men that you guys think we should target? Every great championship team has had at least one big to do this job which we fail to have at this point. Your hopes?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm moving this to the Personnel Moves forum. There are several threads there already that are discussing this exact type of thing...

:)

I like DeAndre Jordan and Anthony Randolph, but Randolph will be gone by 12. I think Jordan has the potential to be really good in a few years. With that said, I wouldn't mind us picking a PG (Westbrook? Augustin?)

I think our biggest needs are PF, PG (I'm not sold on Beno. He has no toughness and will never make it through a full season.), and SF (if Ron isn't in our long term plans). Right now the 5 guys I like the most that we have a chance at are in no particular order Speights, Arthur, Westbrook, Randolph, and Batum.

S

sactownfan

Side note has anyone seen the kings.com page... with the intro these players were picked at the 12 spot? WOW maybe we can be lucky enough to draft Vladimir Radmanovic !

I think our biggest needs are PF, PG (I'm not sold on Beno. He has no toughness and will never make it through a full season.), and SF (if Ron isn't in our long term plans). Right now the 5 guys I like the most that we have a chance at are in no particular order Speights, Arthur, Westbrook, Randolph, and Batum.

I was not sold on beno until I took some time off and let the emotions of the season settle he did a solid job i would like to sign him until 2010. Remember garcia can fill the 3 if ron leaves which i hope he does not.

Jordan and McGee will suck. I'd much rather target Love, Speights or Arthur at the #12.
I like Love's intangibles, but it's tough to see him as anything other than a smaller version of Brad Miller...good for offense, but doesn't do anything on the inside defensively.

Instead of someone that can clog up the lane though , I think we need someone with size that can score in the post and facing the basket. For that reason, I like Joe Alexander. The guy was clutch for WVA this last year in the toughest and most physical conference in college basketball, and played HUGE in the tourney as well!!! The guy's a winner!

If not, we have another mediocre year, and maybe get lucky and nab Thabeet from UCONN next year! 7'3 averaging 3 blocks a game...the definition of a lane clogger.

I was not sold on beno until I took some time off and let the emotions of the season settle he did a solid job i would like to sign him until 2010. Remember garcia can fill the 3 if ron leaves which i hope he does not.
I don't think Beno is a bad player. I just don't want to have to rely on him staying healthy. If he is still around when the Kings can compete for the playoffs I don't want to have to worry about someone shaking Beno's hand too hard and have him miss the series with a bad pinky or something like that.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Instead of someone that can clog up the lane though , I think we need someone with size that can score in the post and facing the basket. For that reason, I like Joe Alexander. The guy was clutch for WVA this last year in the toughest and most physical conference in college basketball, and played HUGE in the tourney as well!!! The guy's a winner!
I like Alexander a lot. His leaping ability is just plain off the charts. But he looks to top out at about 6'8" and 230. Couple that with me having no recollection of seeing any back to the basket game when I saw him play, and I don't think he pans into a PF - he looks like a SF with good size to me. If Ron's out of the future plans here I'm all for it, because this kid might be the steal of the draft. But I'm not sure about the post game (hey, correct me if I'm wrong) and I'm doubtful he can be a serious consideration for playing the 4.

That kind of sours me on Alexander, since we've currently got three options at the 3 (Artest, Salmons, Garcia) that I would consider better than any of our options at the 4 (in relative terms). But if he's far and away the BPA then we've got to take him and worry about that later...

I think we have a decent PG in beno but are in need of a decent PF. I like Moore but I like him coming off the bench as that energy type of guy. If we could get someone like Darrell Arthur or DeAndre Jordan, either would compliment Hawes wonderfully. The league does seem to be going to in the way of PG but i dont think there will be a franchise type PG available at 12. Gordon, Westbrook n Augustin will probably be off the board. Draft us that PF we have needed since Webber left Petrie!!!

I like Love's intangibles, but it's tough to see him as anything other than a smaller version of Brad Miller...good for offense, but doesn't do anything on the inside defensively.

If not, we have another mediocre year, and maybe get lucky and nab Thabeet from UCONN next year! 7'3 averaging 3 blocks a game...the definition of a lane clogger.
I think Love is a much better post player than Joe Alexander on both ends of the court. I didn't watch all that many UCLA games (6-8), but Love is definitely a post player first and foremost, which in my mind makes him the opposite of Brad Miller. Now I don't particularly want Love on the Kings, I just think that calling him a shorter Brad Miller doesn't do him justice. He is definitely more of a banger post player type on both ends than Brad.

Any chance of drafting Ryan Anderson out of Cal with a second round pick. That would be a steal for a guy with his size and skill set.
i have a friend that writes for cal, he said petrie told gus, ryans trainer there is 15 people he likes better than ryan.

also he told me denver is rumored to have a com to him at 20. ryan will go back to college if he doesnt go 1st round.