Gasol traded to Lakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
Nice Deal For The Lakers, Griz Basically Dumped Salary and recieved 2 First Rounders and Javaris Crittenton Not To Mention there Own 1st Rounder this year which will be higher because of this move. They are basically building for the future even more now wish We could also try and do that.

Dayum. I was just reading this Grizz insider's blog (and articles) about the possibility. The same day it happens? WTH?

Is this Christmas?

Nice Deal For The Lakers, Griz Basically Dumped Salary and recieved 2 First Rounders and Javaris Crittenton Not To Mention there Own 1st Rounder this year which will be higher because of this move. They are basically building for the future even more now wish We could also try and do that.
Well in Memphis' defense (even though I think they waaay undersold Gasol) Crittenton has a VERY bright future IMO and I guess he'll be their future SG.

Lakers pick up Gasol AND get rid of Kwame in the same transaction. Are you kidding me? That would be like us trading Douby and Kenny Thomas for David Lee or someone of that caliber. Unbelievable.

Wow. They didn't even have to give up Odom.

Lakers = contenders.

And what in the hell are the Grizzlies doing? 2 late first rounders, and expiring, and a young point guard when they already have Lowry, Conley and Navarro? Lakers don't have to take on Cardinal? What in the heck kind of a deal is this for them?

I read that their owner was planning on selling the team and this helps lube the process. Whoever buys it has flexibility in the FA market.

This is a nightmare scenario I always feared. Lakers have managed to break up and rebuild a championship team before we even STARTED rebuilding.

I'm sick.

Why is it that the Lakers always get these f'ing RIDICULOUS deals. Grizz got robbed big time. What good is a draft pick when the Lakers get PAU FREAKING GASOL and give up nothing?

This is a nightmare scenario I always feared. Lakers have managed to break up and rebuild a championship team before we even STARTED rebuilding.

I'm sick.
It's not really that hard to reload when you have someone like Kobe already on the team. All you have to do is avoid being an idiot for a while.

None of this happens without Kupcak blowing up Kobe-Shaq Lakers. None of it. He is good.
That wasn't his call, but he made up for the Caron Butler deal w/ a real bigman. Cook/Evans for Ariza was a nice trade too. A few decent picks since 2005. Some claim Bynum was Jimbo Buss' call, but some also claim West wanted Moncrief over Magic. Mitch held pat on Bynum, smartly. .

Mitch was very shaky in the outset. Very. But he's come into his own.

Why is it that the Lakers always get these f'ing RIDICULOUS deals. Grizz got robbed big time. What good is a draft pick when the Lakers get PAU FREAKING GASOL and give up nothing?
Give a guy like Kwame $9 mill a year and endure him with passionate hatred and disgust for 3 years and then you may be in line for an FRD. LA paid their dues on this one.

The only thing I can think of is that Mitch K. must have a video tape of Chris wallace with a prostitute. It's the only way this makes any sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.