Rumored Trade with Indiana?

I don't know how true this is, it was mentioned on the radio this morning, but is at least food for thought.

Kings get:
Jermaine O'Neil
Ike Diogu

Pacers get:
Kevin Martin
Brad Miller

The Kings can unload their worst contract and get back a quality big man which is hard to find. Unfortunately they have to give up Martin, tough decision.

Seeing is believing. I think they would want at least our 1st round thrown in as well since we are talking about their franchise player. Miller is not what he was once and gets hurt every year and SGs are a dime a dozen, albeit he is young and has room to get even better.

If this is true, it would be great for the kings. It seems like we would have to give up more to get JO, but if we can get rid of Brad, keep our pick and get get JO that's a steal for us!!!

I'd do that trade. What radio station reported it? Was it just a couple of cohosts coming up with trades?
Pacers have done some bad deals in the past. Maybe they'd take Miller and Artest. Just dreaming...:cool:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Hehehehehe. We aren't gonna get JO for Kevin and Brad.

Was this during the Peter Vecsey time, when he also said he's 90% sure our next coach will be Reggie Theus?

If so, remember Vecsey does a LOT of theorizing and doesn't bother with things like facts.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
So the Pacers wanted the world from the Lakers but is willing to give us a big discount for JO. I don't buy it.
Neither would the Pacers.

I'd be most worried about JO ending up in Southern California or on one of the other WC contending teams.

And the other critical flaw is it's not even CLOSE to work under the CBA. O'Neal makes nearly twice as much as Brad...SAR, Salmons or Kenny would have to be in the deal to match salaries. Even then it's a bad deal for Indy. I smell BS.

And the other critical flaw is it's not even CLOSE to work under the CBA. O'Neal makes nearly twice as much as Brad...SAR, Salmons or Kenny would have to be in the deal to match salaries. Even then it's a bad deal for Indy. I smell BS.
Indy loves bad deals. Remember last season's trade with the Warriors?

I can't see Artest, and JO being on the same team. Look for Artest to be traded if this is true.

I wouldn't mind keeping Bibby, because a trade for JO would not really be rebuilding. This would be trying to contend w/in the next few years. Kind of scares me though. It would give us a small window for the players to gel.

I just caught the end of the discussion, I think it was during or right after Vecsey was on. We all know this probably won't happen but the important thing to remember is that Indiana is not going to get equal value for O'Neil because he wants to be traded. All the rumors have him going to the Lakers but my questions is...for what? I would much rather have Martin and Miller than Odom, Walton, and Co.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I just caught the end of the discussion, I think it was during or right after Vecsey was on. We all know this probably won't happen but the important thing to remember is that Indiana is not going to get equal value for O'Neil because he wants to be traded. All the rumors have him going to the Lakers but my questions is...for what? I would much rather have Martin and Miller than Odom, Walton, and Co.
The trade does not work under the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

http://www2.realgm.com/src_tradechecker/3/

Kevin Martin is an emerging star and has only showed us a glimpse of what hes got...

The kings need to trade for picks and build around youth.

Please hold on to Kevin Martin Sacramento!!!

That would be a bad trade for us. JO would get injured like he always does and then we wouldn't have anything. Atleast Kevin is healthy with a ton of room to improve.

That would be a bad trade for us. JO would get injured like he always does and then we wouldn't have anything. At least Kevin is healthy with a ton of room to improve.
Sorry, not buying that. This trade would be amazing for us. JO is a proven big you can build around. Kevin is a potentially great role player. ei. Hamilton, Ginobli

That would be a bad trade for us. JO would get injured like he always does and then we wouldn't have anything. Atleast Kevin is healthy with a ton of room to improve.
If I am Petrie, I'd turn around and trade JO to Boston for their #5, Gerald Green, and ending contracts. And Boston would do that trade in a heartbeat! So we end up with Diogu, Green, and one of Yi/Brandan Wright/Horford. That's good rebuilding right there!

But still, there's no chance in hell the Pacers trade JO to us for what we can offer.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Quite obviously Jermaine O'Neal and Ron Artest cannot be on the same team. Maybe then we could go hire Carlisle as the new coach? ;)

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I actually am not sure why so many people here keep saying that the Pacers would never do that kind of deal. Its probably made up, based on Kevin's physical resemblance to Reggie, and the Brad Miller connection to his old team/home. But that said, Jermaine O'Neal is a great player, but he's not so great a player that trading them two starters, including one who is a young 20ppg scorer, is outrageous. Jermaine is not Kobe, or KG. He's an All Star. Not an MVP.

Was this during the Peter Vecsey time, when he also said he's 90% sure our next coach will be Reggie Theus?

If so, remember Vecsey does a LOT of theorizing and doesn't bother with things like facts.
I guess Vecsey was 100% correct with Theus now wasn't he!

Y

y2kings

hey VF21, how do you like them apples now? haha.